(>)><(<)>(>)>Modern History<(<)(>)><(<) (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey:burn:,

I want to know what units in Modern History people are studying for the Prelim and HSC?

I have started the year with the Creation of Israel, people seem to dread the complexity of it, but from my perspective I delve on the conflict as it is exciting and so forth.
Then we are doing the Cuban Revolution, I think that'll be a massice amount of time wasted. then after the mid year exams I'm moving into the Romanovs, that'll be great for the HSC course. Then we are doing a unit on the world in 1900, i think it is the 20th century, don't know for certain.

Hopefully it will be good, :spzz: lol

Snicho

HSC
Um we are doing some boring cricket stuff bodyline bowling or something like that
and the boxer rebellion later on.

HSC
Nazi Germany and Hitler Analysis is what we're doing.
hehe, i remember watching a show on sbs about hitler's psychology, i actually saw it twice because they repeat so many things on sbs. lol. There were some weird things he did. have you seen Valkyrie? thats an interesting movie

Cardea

HSC
Prelim: Terrorism, Indochina Conflict (urgh), WWI
HSC: Nazi Germany, Leni Riefenstahl, Vietnam War

I was so looking forward to modern this year, but some of the choices my teacher has made is deterring me from the subject. I wish we could've done other things besides Indochina and Vietnam. I've had enough of it just in Year 10.

I went and saw Valkyrie the other day. It's not too bad, but there seems to be a lot of criticism on it. The casting of Tom Cruise was certainly questionable.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
hehe, i remember watching a show on sbs about hitler's psychology, i actually saw it twice because they repeat so many things on sbs. lol. There were some weird things he did. have you seen Valkyrie? thats an interesting movie
Not yet, but we might. I've seen a movie claiming Hitler had Parkinson's, was a drug addict and was into bondage. Quite a nice documentary.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
The modern history class at my school hasn't even started anything about modern history. They have just been watching Monty Python.

meera.

HSC
We're doing:
Yankees and Confederates in the American states in the mid nineteenth century.
Bismarck and the unification of the German states.
The decline and fall of the Romanov dynasty.
The Meiji Restoration: nature and impact.​

Kelzi

HSC
The modern history class at my school hasn't even started anything about modern history. They have just been watching Monty Python.
Awesome lol.

Oh and we're doing Russian rev.

HSC
Not yet, but we might. I've seen a movie claiming Hitler had Parkinson's, was a drug addict and was into bondage. Quite a nice documentary.
Yeh, well i also read that he was rejected by arts school 3 times before he started his 'political' career. It would have been good if he was accepted into arts school because then there would have been no war, but then you need to think, where did most of the technological boom of the C20th happen, around the wars. And anyway with the way Germany was left after WWI there was going to be some sort of conflict.

kkyle

HSC
Jealous as of the Israel topic and of the Russian Rev. We've started on The Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade, fair dull. We'll be moving to the middle east later on in this Prelim year though which is promising.

jordy90

HSC
perlim: jack the ripper,jfk,romanov's & what lead to ww1
hsc:ww1,nazi germany,leni riefenstahl & ww2
pretty sure thts it...our modern history teacher tryed to link it all so it was easier to understand etc :)
obvisiously jack & jkf werent,they were just to get us going..

speedofsound

HSC
Prelim: John F. Kennedy, Late 19th century/early 20th century Russia, Vietnam War, World before WWI.
HSC: WWI, Trotsky, Cold War, and 20th century Russia.

Bek93

HSC
Ehh.
We've done Civil Rights Movement, Romanov Dynasty and Nuclear Testing in the Pacific.

joseph123

HSC
We're doing the japanese shogun and the comming of America, the American Civil War, and the assasination of Kennedy (where we're up to now). I dont know about the the rest of the prelim course.

VK2FMCR

The One and Only..
HSC
Prelim: American Civil War, Boxer Rebellion, Creation of Israel, World Prior To World War I

HSC:WWI, Germany 1918-1939, Indochina 1953-1979, Ho Chi Minh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)