Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
So how did you go? Have fun?

Oh and what speeches you end up doing?

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Lincoln, King and Keating. I dont know about anyone else, but did anyone else treat this as a speech of sorts? Cause I did, half-heartedly...

_BaadShah_

HSC
Section 2 was crap.. Especially Poetry analysing 3 poems in 40mins? ..i found it impossible..

most students from my school referrd to only 2.. who else found this quiet hard??..

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
I had another speech- as it is in my case- in my head just incase! And I prepared it last night so I didnt have much problems with 3, although one lacked depth, which is never a good thing. Oh well.

cdog

i thought the question was alright becaus we didnt they didn't nominate a speech.

i sot of answered it as a mix between an essay and a speech. i referred to Socrates, King, and Havel

fakingtheday

HSC
I did pretty much an essay. I did Lincoln Atwood and King, i onmly had two prepared and i did it last so alas the one exam Jimmy never finished, although i was just restating the question.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
cdog said:
i thought the question was alright becaus we didnt they didn't nominate a speech.

i sot of answered it as a mix between an essay and a speech. i referred to Socrates, King, and Havel
Good, I feel better now. :)

raspb3rry

♥♥♥
HSC
I got really confused on how to write that text type...what is it anyway?

I done Goldman, Pearson and Lincoln. If I had memorised my essay that I wrote last week, I would have done extremely well...too bad I didn't ey. The Lincoln part sucked!

Santah

HSC
Wasn't prepared to discuss 3 speeches, I only knew 2 in depth. I answered the question ok but obviously my last speech was a little vague, I knew what it was about and the context of it... but had no quotes from it to support my arguement :(

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
lincoln, king and keating.

Damn the three speehes- and im glad i studied a few more than two!

I bet the hsc markers are gloating right now-!

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Socrates, Goldman, Levertov. I crapped on about how despite changes in context and different language devices there are universal values to all three speeches, blah blah blah I really have no idea.

rissa_101

I wrote about Socrates, Goldman and King...Socrates was kind of a throwin a the last minute thing! Was not expecting three but i was really relieved when they didnt specify any speeches hey. Was anyone else a bit worried they were writing three essays, kinda like they had misread the question??? Overall not too bad i thought

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Speeches was easily my best section...
I wrote about Lincoln, Goldman and Levetov
i wrote 6 and a bit pages

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
Wrote 7 pages of bullshit on Lincoln, Havel and Keating. For Keating I practically said "Keating similarly uses ______" for all the Lincoln stuff.

emmylou87

first thing i checked was if they specified a speech for us.. cant imagine my relief.. studied only 3.. So blurted out everything i knew about King, Keating and Lincoln.. great question tho.. braod and basic.. going back and addressing the question was easy...

Garlic

HSC
i wrote 7 pages of crap as well, whatever was coming out of my pen wasnt making sense..but irekon that il do ok..i did Lincoln, Keating and Luther...3 speeches..were they joking! in 40 minutes they musta been smoking when they wrote that test...

cando

HSC
Definetly agree they must of been sniffing something.
I did Lincoln, Keating and King, along with half the bloody state! Keating was pretty breif and basic, I wrote mine like I was speaking in a debate, so had all the speech features and argument, yet all my friends just wrote an argument?

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
cando said:
Definetly agree they must of been sniffing something.
I did Lincoln, Keating and King, along with half the bloody state! Keating was pretty breif and basic, I wrote mine like I was speaking in a debate, so had all the speech features and argument, yet all my friends just wrote an argument?
I did mine like you. Debate plus speech. :)

evette13

HSC
Guys i left speeches til last and only got to do 3 techniques on levertov and havel then one technique on King...am i screwed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)