Module B - Speeches (1 Viewer)

carlzishere

unknown person
HSC
I wrote about 5 pages on king, goldman and socrates. I was really glad that I rang the advice line last night coz I basically got a really got introduction to that kind of question from talking over it. And I had 4 prepared so I was pretty happy I only had to do 3.

I did it as a critical eval (essay). I would have done it as a speech but it never actually stated that so I thought it was safer to just do an essay, coz it's not uncommon to have 3 essays... I would have liked to have 1 thing that was different, but meh! it's over and I can put all my english stuff on the burn pile I'm adding to so that after all my exams I can go roast marshmallows and stuff on my school stuff! :)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
evette13 said:
Guys i left speeches til last and only got to do 3 techniques on levertov and havel then one technique on King...am i screwed?
probably not, meh this is english!.. I didnt mentione too many techniques, did u speak about the content and stuff?

i left speeches last as well, but i decided to do so the night before!

I have aboslutely no idea what i wrote, I just wrote, and wrote and wrote, since it was my last response all i could seem to think anout was getting the exam over and done with, meh! I tried, Im not too worried with what mark i get, its all cool...

to those who didnt study all speeches... u guys got real lucky
although I think 3 speeches was a little too much, not that i have much to complain about cause i knew 5 in depth, but u had tp cover alot of stuff in 40 mins.. oh well..... ENGLISH IS OVER.................!!!

pravski

HSC
Who did a speech?

Mine was kind of like Cicero's speech where I addressed the whole class including the person that challenged me and proceeded to destroy him.

12 pages
socrates, goldman, cicero

Abbeygale

HSC
I was annoyed that they asked for three, but also lucky. I had two essay plans, one that I wanted to do (Atwood and Aung San Suu Kyi) and an emergency plan B one (Lincoln, King, Kyi/Havel/McAleese depending on question). I was lucky that one of my essay plans was for three texts, but I was annoyed that I didn't get to use Atwood, which I really wanted to do. But I didn't feel capable of writing a good essay with Atwood and two other texts, since I hadn't practised doing so. So I went with Lincoln/King/Kyi in the end. I don't think it was too terrible- nine mostly coherent pages. Unfortunately I put way too much time into it and my Module A answer suffered as a result.

Last edited:

Santah

HSC
Abbeygale said:
So I went with Lincoln/King/Kyi in the end
Same. I just said they were all linked in purpose (freedom and equality for all) and technique. Not sure if that was right because I never studied Kyi in great detail :p

Sarah_Lou

hsc ova
HSC
i did atwood, socrates and luther. didnt really answer the Q, just wrote an essay, so im stuffed! i just made up crap in the intro about defending against what the other person said.

carlzishere

unknown person
HSC
I liked thru political value of the texts, dreaming for the future etc... and the people who spoke them..

L_RES88

HSC
N/A
I've studied Keating and Havel the whole time and had knowledge on King so it was sweet. 10 pages, but took way too long.

thomdale

35 degrees 4 mins south, 150 degrees 40 mins east,
HSC
N/A
what happened to "at least two speeches"..3!!!

i think i did alright, started off saying "successful speeches have previously been defind as.."strong feelin, clear purpose..." and when these criteria are used effectively the speeches are worthy for inclusion in the critical study module. and then wrote my prepared essay. not too bad.

angelar

I was pretty darn surprised we didnt have a variety of text types to write in!! I just wrote an essay, and i was soo happy with the quetion cause i was dreading the chance of them specifiying, so i like sighed with relief when we flicked through it. We're lucky i guess, our teachers have always taught us to know minimum of 3 speeches, so i was cool that way

jebba_d

ended up doing keating, king and lincoln. id studied all of the speeches pretty in depth tho, i thought they'd specify this yr. they havnt specified since 2002 so i thougth it was about time. nailed some junk in keatings speech about the metaphysical faith and democracy representing idiosyncratic aus values. was quite pleased with myself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)