Module C: History and Memory. (1 Viewer)

petespace

HSC
for the people doing levertov, how many poems should i know?
i've got 2 other related texts already so would only one levertov be enough?

lychnobity

HSC
for the people doing levertov, how many poems should i know?
i've got 2 other related texts already so would only one levertov be enough?
probably too late now, but no. One poem's not enough.

dancing_mermaid

HSC
thats so unfair. we're doing 7 speeches and i hate the rhetoric. and its all human rights and stuff like that, which is much more interesting when its metaphorical in a novel or something.

i dont think i'd like this unit with any texts though - i hate trying to put personal significance into essays.

ValentinesM

HSC
although The Fiftieth Gate is such a bore to read, every page screams History and Memory!!
I recommend Wild Swans as a supplementary text, it works very well with TFG.

this module is the best bit of English, in my opinion.

kimberley R

HSC
im doing the fiftieth gate and my related text is a movie called life is beautiful.
the assingments a speech, and i need a visual representation. any ideas?

lov.imagination

HSC
we looked briefly at Mending Wall by Robert Frost. it was pretty alright i guess...

meggo-meggo

HSC
yep, we looked at the fiftieth gate, which was quite interesting as my teacher had a sort of love/hate relationship with the book. it was quite amusing to watch her come into class, throw the book on the floor and glare at it :).

related texts: the sound of one hand clapping by richard flanagan
meditation on a bone by AD Hope
'ceci n'est pas une pipe' - image by rene magritte
the labyrinth (mmmmmm david bowie in tightpants)

The module was prettttyyy good, I guess. Our assessment was a creative so that was funfun :). Exam question for half-yearlies was a sinch - 'discuss how your texts explore the complexities of the interplay between history and memory' or something like that. Good fun but I do prefer writing about representation and meaning.

so erm yes!

xConverse

HSC
although The Fiftieth Gate is such a bore to read, every page screams History and Memory!!
I recommend Wild Swans as a supplementary text, it works very well with TFG.

this module is the best bit of English, in my opinion.
wow you really felt this way about this module ? I can't seem to manage to keep up in this study.. our teacher has made it worse than it should be :(
could you tell me more about this related text and how it relates to TFG?

nellyy

HSC
Essay Question:
How can medium of production, textual form, perspective and choice of language influence our understanding of events such as those which took place on September 11th?
Your response should discuss the website (Smithsonian-Bearing Witness to History) and two text of your own choosing.

I was wondering what are ways medium of production, textual form etctec can influence our understanding besides techniques- audio, visual and textually?
Also for my other 2 texts, is it okay to use documentaries such as loose change- which is based on a conspiracy about 9/11 and the government behind it or what about The Falling Man Picture, where it caused alot of controvery where it was banned from showing and then a documentary was made all about it? Is it wise to use those as an audio-visual text: MOP?

emiliaa

HSC
I'm doing the Smithsonian website on 9/11
and I'm STUCK.
what's the basic structure for a H + M essay/???????
i'm desperate!!

gretakc

HSC
currently doing history and memory notes for the fiftieth gate [worst book i have every read] and was wondering if anyone from the years above would be so kind and send me their notes of the book? would be greatly appreciated,

email is: g_kool_clarke@hotmail.com
thank you

rlindell

HSC
I'm having exactly the same problem. Doing history and memory with the Fiftieth Gate. Have gone through and analysed specific gates and how they amplify either His, Mem or an interplay but i'm not sure how to structure a final essay

forbidden01

HSC
I'm having exactly the same problem. Doing history and memory with the Fiftieth Gate. Have gone through and analysed specific gates and how they amplify either His, Mem or an interplay but i'm not sure how to structure a final essay
agree.

i was looking at my stuff just about an hour ago and thinking to myself. THE FUCK ?!?

how the hell are we supposed to study a book that boring and actually have a good response ?

i have about 4 study guides on TFG and it still makes no sense ! :mad1:

pinkdiva

HSC
omgsh ! what school do you go to?, my teacher said that she couldn't find any school doing the same text and it was mostly likely we were the only ones in the state doing the woman warrior.

the book is a bitch to get through isn't it ? you don't understand the hatred i hold for that book, i swear straight after paper 2, I'm going home and burning it.
I do that text too! it is very annoying. ur not alone... maybe I should've done standard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)