Module C: Representation and Text (1 Viewer)

ane_st

HSC
Re: Powerplay Question stunk!

missmadeline said:
omfg, :burn: i DID NOT get this in the exam - made no sense, to me or any of my friends, then i came home yesterday and read it again and again and it only just started making sense around 1am this morning... :confused: if only i'd known, how depressing, that question sucked balls...
You should never do that!!!!! You'll be kicking yourself if you get it afterwards...!

Don't do that for the next exam, obviously in the exam you werent able to 'respond' as well as you'd liked but its to late now so dont dwell on it!!

minstrel

HSC
Royalist said:
Frontline question was simple and easy to answer, although worded weirdly.
'The Siege' fit the personal experiences well because of Gavin's experience, and how the Frontline team have the ability to manipulate truth, with little importance placed on the significance and validity of truth as it reflects little entertainment value.
The moral failings of the characters reflect poor ethics of the media towards a valid representation on personal experiences within their story. Their concern for entertainment overshadows the importance and significance of telling a valid truth.

Thats pretty much in summary what i was arguing, tell me if it makes sense.

My related texts fit this question really well also.
that makes a lot of sense. i'm impressed

hoomanraviola

HSC
The question was really bad- made no sense (for birthday letters at least) considering they don't really talk about 'the significance of the truth' at all. Don't know how a question like that actually ended up in the HSC, without someone realising how badly worded and irrelevant it was.

I just ended up saying I wasn't persuaded by thier perspectives because they were biased and so on, but I was so put off by the question that my entire essay was just me rambling about anything that came to me, and I changed my argument like three times in the essay. This was worse than the Lear question, which made sense at least even if it was super narrow. Oh well. No more english ever! Now back to modern..

almightyBZZZ

Snib Control Officer.
HSC
I actually sorta liked this question.
Maybe that's 'cause I took the keywords form the question and moulded them to my thesis.

I only made a personal reflection in the conclusion.

This was my longest essay and I was pretty proud that I managed to ramble for ten-ish pages. yay!

nicole1223456

HSC
i liked the history and memory question. i found it the easiest of them all.
overall i thought paper 2 was heaps easier then paper one

ashgabee

HSC
i thought powerplay question was awesome! for anotny and cleopatra i wrote about how caesar was consumed by his powerplay, cleopatra relied on her power for personal validity and antony was thrown into dismay by his fall from power. did anyone else take this line that it had the ability to consume/empower?

emmaenglish

HSC
I am sitting here with my English teacher and he is filthy because the question related to Hughes and The Justice Game much better than Frontline. He said we should all read the rubric - it clearly says media so why was the question not on media? This is what happens when you have people writing questions who do not teach the subject - they are so out of touch and this paper really proved it! And all those postings regarding Hamlet and R&G are correct - moral order? Doesn't the rubric say values? So are they trying to trick us? If so, does this not defeat the purpose of the HSC - to showcase our skills as composers and knowledge of texts?

JBakaka

HSC
ah frontline
i thought the qn was ok - i just welded my essay and the question together somehow
like in debating how you "define the question" i just "defined" the question without changing it too much
then basically wrote out my planned essay

sarza27

HSC
I personally found the powerplay question the easiest of my essays - i just talked about the fact that without power, there were no human experiences!!! Not that bad really.

sophiem

HSC
its so interesting to note everyones opinions on this module. i thought the question was weird n i reckon they are trying to get us to move away from talkin bout the media in relation to frontline... i just talked bout how frontline makes us think a different truth or something...didnt make it out of the booklet :mad1: so sad!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)