Moisturiser? (1 Viewer)

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
Ok, I figured this belongs here.

I'm getting dry skin on my T zone for no apparent reason. I moisturise everyday but it doesn't seem to do anything. Can anyone recommend a good moisturiser? I've tried Neutrogena, Nutrimetics, Avon, Clean & Clear.. And still no results..

Any ideas?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Clean & Clear products hardly EVER work. They're just gimmicks in Dolly Mags for the young pre-pubescent kiddies. (no offence) Sorbolene creams aren't good either, coz they're REALLY, excessively oily.

I use Clinique Moisturiser. It's bloody fantastic! It's also really expensive, but soo worth it.

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
QV lotion, Palmers cocoa butter or Jurlique facial moisturiser .. top stuff :)
but its important to scub ur face often to get rid of the dry skin and drink plenty of water, i also drink vitamin C + fish oil pills in winter and that has improved my skin texture dramatically

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
cetaphil moisturiser... cos my skin is screwy. it's really moisturising, though it may feel a bit greasy to start off. if it makes me look shiny i just lightly dust loose powder over my face.

kaylz

HSC
Clinique Moisturiser (the yellow stuff, oil free). It's great. And then for day wear I use Clinique city block. It's really good, and has sun protection. It's not expensive if you buy duty free. My dad scored what would have cost $600 here for $200 in the US the other week.. So if you know anyone that's traveling there, or just going duty free then get them to stock up for you.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
kaylz said:
Clinique Moisturiser (the yellow stuff, oil free). It's great. And then for day wear I use Clinique city block. It's really good, and has sun protection. It's not expensive if you buy duty free. My dad scored what would have cost $600 here for $200 in the US the other week.. So if you know anyone that's traveling there, or just going duty free then get them to stock up for you.
I <3 that stuff. But I hardly ever use moisturiser. Im just lazy and I forget.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
cetaphil moisturiser... cos my skin is screwy. it's really moisturising, though it may feel a bit greasy to start off. if it makes me look shiny i just lightly dust loose powder over my face.
yeah cetaphil is good. just rub it between your palms first before applying

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
On my face I use palmers cocoa butter..I have pretty dry skin cus of my eczema so thats why i use it

and clean and clear stuff DOES NOT WORK!!! If ur buying that crap its such a waste of money. I still buy the clean and clear blackhead cleanser and toner cus i like the texture but they didnt get rid of my blackheads (when i used to have them)...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
agreed - clean and clear moisturiser sucks. i used it for a bit this year and i might as well have used dirt for all the moisturising it did. clinique stuff is really good if you can afford it. if you get pimples easily then avoid anything with oils in it.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Biotherm skin products are the bomb, including the aquasource moisturiser but its like $60/bottle

Lennie

If you wanted something natural-looking.... Go for;

Lucas paw paw ointment- ive said it before but this stuff is gold for dry skin, Just remember to rub it in well. If you dont want to use it during the day, just wear it overnight.

Sweet almond oil- from your local health food store... costs under $10, rub it in well over night or during the day.

Both of these will make your skin look dewy, so if thats not what you want then avoid it... But the less chemicals you use the better. I swear by both of them :)

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
OMGOSH alana i bought that lucas stuff cus i saw it in cleo and they said it was great and i bought it on thursday and its fan freaking tastic!

I get really dry lips cus of my eczema and it cleared that up in like an hour! I havent used it anywhere else but my lips atm though...my new cult product!

Lennie

_Bushra_ said:
OMGOSH alana i bought that lucas stuff cus i saw it in cleo and they said it was great and i bought it on thursday and its fan freaking tastic!

I get really dry lips cus of my eczema and it cleared that up in like an hour! I havent used it anywhere else but my lips atm though...my new cult product!

Haha its great :p so cheap too

I still maintain that its awesome for skin itself as well :p :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lennie

_Bushra_ said:
so you just use a dollop and spread it on your skin like moisturiser? It seems a little too thick for that! but yes I will try it :)
You only need a tiny tiny bit.
When its warm it thins out. It doesnt fully absorb, but like i said, leaves a dewy look :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)