Morale is low 11 days left until HSC help :( (1 Viewer)

asian

HSC
But op if your atar is around 80 then there should be no problem with your ranks maybe try and improve dat Maths?
yeah I had trouble with understanding the more complicated algebra in the trials and i know this may be easy for you jerry since you do 3u but i had trouble with simultaneous equations but i resolved my issues and have been getting really good in maths practice tests now because i have got the hang of it so GG i think i can get above 80 raw for hsc

asian

HSC
If you're scared this is good. Use this fear to work your ass off.

Fuck procrastination. This is too late in the game for that shit. It's now a rush for who can study the most in the state. If you're procrastinating you're doing so much wrong i'm not even going to start.
yeah I do at least 5 hours a day maybe 6 because that is the max amount of time until i start to lose concentration, but obviously with a break so like 2 hours then break for an hour then another 2 hours and so on.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
yeah I do at least 5 hours a day maybe 6 because that is the max amount of time until i start to lose concentration, but obviously with a break so like 2 hours then break for an hour then another 2 hours and so on.
That's good then. The breaks are also a very good idea.

Just don't stop, smash it out and study smart. Being scared about the HSC is normal, but i studied hard and despite this fear i got exactly where i want to be. I'm sure that you will be as well.

asian

HSC
That's good then. The breaks are also a very good idea.

Just don't stop, smash it out and study smart. Being scared about the HSC is normal, but i studied hard and despite this fear i got exactly where i want to be. I'm sure that you will be as well.
Thanks a lot man :) i could not sleep last night but this thread has shed some light hahaha

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Thanks a lot man :) i could not sleep last night but this thread has shed some light hahaha
You're welcome

Just live in reality and not fantasy.

Fantasy = The HSC is huge, you know nothing and you're going to die. I know this feeling.

Reality = You're going to be sitting 5 normal exams, you've done this before. If you know your content well and study hard you will be fine. You will get out what you put in with no exceptions.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
If you're scared this is good. Use this fear to work your ass off.

Fuck procrastination. It's too late in the game. It's now a rush for who can study the most in the state. Just don't, every moment waited is a moment wasted.
I TRY to do work, after 2 3 hour past paper i go like screw it and procrastinate. I really can't do much about it lol. Any tips to minimise the pocastination

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I TRY to do work, after 2 3 hour past paper i go like screw it and procrastinate. I really can't do much about it lol. Any tips to minimise the pocastination
Realize that you are in control of your words, thoughts and actions. The implications of this are that you can study and not procrastinate as long as you well... simply don't. Make the concious choice to study and not procrastinate.

I really can't do much about it lol.
My tip is that you realize how stupid this sounds and stop pinning yourself as a victim of procrastination. As you're very literally (conciously or unconciously) chosing it for yourself.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Realize that you are in control of your words, thoughts and actions. The implications of this are that you can study and not procrastinate as long as you well... simply don't. Make the concious choice to study and not procrastinate.

My tip is that you realize how stupid this sounds and stop pinning yourself as a victim of procrastination. As you're very literally (conciously or unconciously) chosing it for yourself.
Also to everyone: if you have a serious procrastination problem you have to start small. Don't think in terms of "I'm going to do an entire past paper", think in terms of "I'm going to do the first question/multiple choice question"

When thinking like that finishing a past paper will feel like much less of a chore, i promise.

Gabriel Moussa

HSC
Also to everyone: if you have a serious procrastination problem you have to start small. Don't think in terms of "I'm going to do an entire past paper", think in terms of "I'm going to do the first question/multiple choice question"

When thinking like that finishing a past paper will feel like much less of a chore, i promise.
I love you

Kaido

be.
HSC
Am I stressing or is this normal:
Sleeping 2hrs a day and feeling energetic af compared to my normal 6hrs sleep

What's happening, someone please explain lel

Flop21

HSC

It means you're having a manic episode.

lol probably not, but I just remember someone saying the other day that is a key symptom of one. Seriously why are you only getting 2 hours sleep, or even 6 hours sleep. You need 8 hours min, they even recommend 9 hours for teenagers.

aanthnnyyy

HSC

If u sleep 2 hours a day during the hsc period you will destroy yourself. Sleep is the best way to retain what you've learnt. PLEASE SLEEP!!!!!!!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

I'm guessing your body is going into "survival mode" given you are getting less then four hours of sleep :/

Kaido

be.
HSC

Yeah I agree, I do Part a) of say, Q12 and go take a break. Nws, still better than staring at the wall

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A

Go to sleep. What you're experiencing is temporary and will eventually lead to a crash. I did this leading up to the HSC. I regret it.

lucyyl

HSC
Someone help me. I'm stressing. You'd think to relieve the stress, I'll be studying and working through the content. I'm struggling to motivate myself and to study. By this time typically, you should be familiar with the content. By now, I still don't know the content. For example, I haven't been through the content for Germany (Modern History) or Conflict In the Pacific. I have not completed so many syllabuses and blame myself for this. I don't know why, I used to be a top A student but this year, I have not experienced such procrastination. I don't know how to function anymore
I sound like an egghead but I really don't know to conduct my studies, my favourite tactic is quiting and ignoring my problems by sleeping
jdfnjsdnfsjdfnjsdnfjsdnfjsndfflsfksdfsf

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
Someone help me. I'm stressing. You'd think to relieve the stress, I'll be studying and working through the content. I'm struggling to motivate myself and to study. By this time typically, you should be familiar with the content. By now, I still don't know the content. For example, I haven't been through the content for Germany (Modern History) or Conflict In the Pacific. I have not completed so many syllabuses and blame myself for this. I don't know why, I used to be a top A student but this year, I have not experienced such procrastination. I don't know how to function anymore
I sound like an egghead but I really don't know to conduct my studies, my favourite tactic is quiting and ignoring my problems by sleeping
jdfnjsdnfsjdfnjsdnfjsdnfjsndfflsfksdfsf
Yeah you're procrastinating because you're stressed and anxious and don't want to face how little time is left. You need to face it, sit down and write up a detailed plan for you to stick by.

You'd be surprised how many other people also do not know all the content yet. But remember when you write your plan consider how far away, or near, each subject's exam is. E.g. you might have more time for say business studies, but english is first, so study english first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)