Most annoying book of all time (3 Viewers)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
holy fuck i once read this book for english, Hatchet. what a waste of fucking time that was. it was kind of liek a rip off version of that movie Cast Away, only with no Wilson

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
omg the nargun and the stars...
the book is about *wait for it* a rock.
a big fken rock that eats cows or something...

at least thats how i remember it.

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
pride and prejudice, we were doing it in yr 11 but I didnt even finish it, just watched the movie and looked on the net.

jennylim

HSC
modelzsuck said:
pride and prejudice, we were doing it in yr 11 but I didnt even finish it, just watched the movie and looked on the net.
OMG! p&p is wonderful wonderful WONDERFUL!!!! lol but the movie is just as fantastically terrific as well...hope u liked that!

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
jennylim said:
OMG! p&p is wonderful wonderful WONDERFUL!!!! lol but the movie is just as fantastically terrific as well...hope u liked that!
nope, it was the most boring book and movie i have ever seen/read

roxie_b

HSC
the book that has irritated me the most is Conrad Heart of Darkness *cringes at title* damn english turned me off the book... the brooding gloom still remains

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
EMMA
EMMA
EMMA
EMMA!

I read the first 2 pages and nearly fell asleep. I don't see why we have to fucking read the peice of crap!!!

Also,

Brave New World. Read it in year.... 9?10? one of the two. Didn't understand it then, and the other Adv. English class doing it now doesn't understand it now. Why bother making us read it?

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
I actually didnt mind To Kill a Mockingbird (referring to previous post)

Umm also DaVinci and Angels & demons i really liked. May not have been literary masterpieces but theres gotta be some reason that he's still in the top 10 after all these months.

Um as for most annoying, i would have to say Hamlet, and also Great Gatsby (although it got better towards the end).

And i think the reason for my annoyance at these is because we are made to (not tat i would go out and choose hamlet for myself). But i strongly feel that books should be read to be read, not analysed and pulled apart.

Gustus

HSC
Gustus said:
Currently I have to read King Lear. I'm not being annoying but I really can't get into the start. I haven't minded the others, like A Midsummer Night's Dream. I reckon the story line of this sounds good, but i can't follow the charcaters, let alone read past the forst few scenes.
yeh I have finaly FINISHED it.

I just had to re-read the first couple of scenes after I had finished it.

tempco

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
holy fuck i once read this book for english, Hatchet. what a waste of fucking time that was. it was kind of liek a rip off version of that movie Cast Away, only with no Wilson
OMG sif!

-_-_-_-

X

xeuyrawp

Korn said:
This author sounds like one of those stupid conspiracy theorist that hate things cause he doesnt understand them or is jealous, or he is some money grabbing smartarse
Agreed. I read the book when it first came out. I actually started thinking "hey, this is a good thriller", then the characters left the Louvre, and the plot went gay. Total bullshit. If he bags out Masons in the next book, I'm going to be cranky, all the freemasons I know are very nice people who are frank and honest about their little society.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Interesting thread, being a Reilly fan Dan Borwn's Deception Point did piss me off becuase of how much he "borrowed"...

Apart from that, Wuthering Heights, yr 11 lit text, i don't think anyone read this, I couldn't handle it! Aghhh...

Finally, the Adrian Mole series, I read a couple of books in the series, for some reason, I believe that reason was that I didn't think they could get worse... Sometimes I get suprised... :(

0Jade0

HSC
Lord of the flies? I love that book!

Emma- Austen I have read like a chapter and we did it term 4 last year. Did very well in my assessment for it without reading the book. DIE DIE DIE.

X

xeuyrawp

markmooks said:
I think the bible is pretty annoying, specially when you come home at 5am on a Sunday morning and all there is on TV is some WASP wrinkly shoving it down your throat.
Yeah. Bible-bashing evangelists annoy the hell out of me. Every time they try to bother me, I tell them that I hate telemarketers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)