Most annoying book of all time (1 Viewer)

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
cookie.banana said:
i think it was... so much to tell you
or one of those john marsden or whatever
it had pen pals and it turned out one was in jail, on the last page it just ended and i threw the book across the room.... i thought someone had ripped the last page out
I think I remember liking that book. The ideas in it were moving, maybe it was a bit tedious because it was written in diary form. But it got to me. Maybe I'm biased because I love John Marsden (I love the tommorrow series). So much to tell you is the one where the girl won't talk because of her face. Letters from the inside is the one with one girl in prison and the other one's brother kills her. (I liked Letters from the inside better)
Most annoying book I remember reading was Hannah's Winter. I felt obliged to because I got it as a present for my birthday and it sat on my shelf for years staring at me and it made me feel guilty. I forced myself to finish it in case it had a good ending.
One of the worst crimes a author can commit is to be overly descriptive. Like Stehenie Meyer (i don't care about unimportant details and it does not make bella unique if she is observant) can be and like the French Lieutenant's Woman and (imo) Jane Austen. Probably cos I'm lazy and I always skip stuff. I despise reading about the seasons and the wind and blah blah blah. If you're going to describe anything in detail it shoud be a person not the way the town looks. This is totally personal preference. Maybe I'm missing out by skipping the descriptions...dunno. Give me plot and dialogue any day.
I didn''t get through the Great Gatsby either but maybe that was just because I was too young. And the catcher in the rye didn't change my life.
After reading HP7 a few times I like it. Shoulda been longer though. Shouldn't have rushed it to meet a release date. I would have happily waited for a longer book. But I liked it. I cried near the end (won't ruin the end for those who have'n't read it). It's worth it though. The HP series is great I think JKR is great. Call me lame but I like 'What Katy did'. Well I remember I used too.
I don't have many that I really hate because if I hate it I wont read it.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
letters from the inside

where one is in jail and the other one gets killed by her brother?

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Josip Broz Tito said:
letters from the inside

where one is in jail and the other one gets killed by her brother?
yes. I remember now I liked that one better than so much to tell you.

icelillies

In the twisted branches of the faraway tree
HSC
I cannot really remember this book (since I read only about 30 pgs or so). but it was 'crime fiction gone wrong'. Absolutely horrendous:hammer: . I involved this short, red headed cop that had fantasys about his secretary. If that wasn't bad enough - he had the worst personality..."was that a joke?" ( asks an attractive forensic anthropoligist - all females are uncommonly pretty in this book) "no," (main character shakes his head) "I never joke about crime"...as you can imagine I shut the book immediately and refused to endure the torture.

Dora Explorer

HSC
I would like to say that the person who allegedly claimed that Harry Potter was an 'annoying' book that you are WRONG-INCORRECT. But, the thing is, I don't blame you, because there is something VERY wrong with you!
I mean, like yeah!
HARRY POTTER IS THE BESTEST BOOK EVER!

HSC
The Silmarillion.

It's fantastic, I'm sure, but I wouldn't know because I've never been capable of putting in the effort required to comprehend it completely...

I've always given up at some point in the prologue.

Lukybear

HSC
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe, horrible. I feel asleep during the prologue.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
fucking twilight is crap and not that amazing but the way people carry on about it FOR FUCKS SAKE edward is not real you will not marry him.

HSC
x.christina said:
fucking twilight is crap and not that amazing but the way people carry on about it FOR FUCKS SAKE edward is not real you will not marry him.
O RLY?! OH NOEZ!

lol. most annoying boser of all time: x.christina

suzlee

HSC
Lord of the flies. William Golding.

I just don't understand why it's considered a modern classic... at all....

becky.davies

HSC
Bunny04 said:
worst book / Series: The Da Vinci Code, Deception Point, Angels and Demons, Digital Fortress- Man they are WAY too Hyped up... they are total rubbish.. and people they are FICTION books... ugh.. people keep going on and on and on and On about them.. .
Agreed. What really annoys me about these books is that they all follow the same structure. Oh no a mysterious organisation and a ticking clock! A really smart guy and his beautiful sidekick expert help save the day while facing peril! Wow that's original! Basically they are ridiculous so-called "novels" with horrible recycled plots! Oh yeah I also hate Wuthering Heights and Austen books...I loathe overly romanticised novels! All of those ridiculously gory vampire hunting books like silver bullets or whatever they're called! Ann Rice wrote the best vampire novels, along with Dracula of course! The introduction to Frankenstein, I actually did enjoy most of the novel but not the letters at first, they bored me half to death! My rant ends...NOW

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)