Most annoying book of all time (1 Viewer)

de__locke

HSC
Twilight [the first book] and Eclipse are quite good.
New Moon and Breaking Dawn are awful. New Moon, especially.

asdfpoiu

HSC
they were all awful.. absolute waste of time.. like the last few books of harry potter

but i have to say, i hate shakespeare the most... can't understand anything >.< damn school

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I understand forcing oneself to read through the whole book. But forcing yourself to read through the whole series?
I'm a bit of a pop culture buff. I feel the need to read it, purely because it is now so engrained into our modern culture. It's one of the reasons I spent a chunk my uni holidays catching up on classic literature and movies.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
they were all awful.. absolute waste of time.. like the last few books of harry potter

but i have to say, i hate shakespeare the most... can't understand anything >.< damn school
Harry Potter :(

For a series that is so popular, I think the Harry Potter books are incredibly well written, ingenious and funny. She shouldn't have rushed the last one tho.

Last edited:

angelinabak

HSC
Well I can't tell - cause if a book annoys me - I stop reading.
I stop reading a lot of books cause the bored me.
Somebody said Harry Potter. I guess they are annoyed by the hype about the book and the actors. Who continues to read if the book is annoying?

E

Empyrean444

The Shipping News
Purposeless, stilted, reviled, unreadable. I am amazed that that dullard of an author was given a grant to plague the world with that abomination.

oliviaclaire

HSC
Twilight. No question about it :]

I have never read a worse piece of drivel in my entire life. Damnit Meyer, give your characters FLAWS! Make them INTERESTING so I actually give a damn about what happens to them!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
The Shipping News
Purposeless, stilted, reviled, unreadable. I am amazed that that dullard of an author was given a grant to plague the world with that abomination.
It wasn't that bad, IMO.

A bit bleak, yeah, but it wasn't completely horrendous. Eh, each to their own

ay0_x

HSC
LOL @ people who hate Shakespeare.

I'd have to say Frankenstein is the most annoying book of all time.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Twilight. No question about it :]

I have never read a worse piece of drivel in my entire life. Damnit Meyer, give your characters FLAWS! Make them INTERESTING so I actually give a damn about what happens to them!
This sounds oddly familiar to another authors rant about twilight.

louy

HSC
N/A
i hate everything to do with Harry Potter. All the books are a waste of time. The most over-rated over hyped pile of rubbish.

Why do people love them rubbish so much ??

ectobiologist

HSC
N/A
The God Delusion. Dawkins does make some valid points, but most of the book reads like he's trying to piss the Church off as much as he can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)