• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Most ANNOYING things when Driving (1 Viewer)

codydhu

AdherentFollower
HSC
bng said:
Im a learner and i cant stand slow learners. Fukin piss me off. Its not that hard to go around a roundabout. get ur lines right and ur set
maybe they're not as confident as you(?)

I dont tend to get pissed off at people who make mistakes, its not as if they want to have a crash. I dont think ive ever beeped the horn in the car, it does nothing but make them feel more stressed. Poor kids.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
faintygirl83 said:
No, I do not use more than one plate on the back and front of the car when I am driving.

I just don't see why having an extra plate is such a big deal. You would probably whinge if you saw an L/P plate driver without plates too.
Take a joke.

And if there was an L/P plater driving without plates, I wouldn't actually know they were a plater at all. There are such shit drivers out there, usually the L platers aren't the worst of them. They're slow, but not retarded like other people.

I think it's that I don't like overly cautious drivers (slow, takes them a million years to find a safe gap at a roundabout etc), and I take several L plates as an indication that they will be way too cautious? I dunno. I tend to get a bit road ragey, and once that happens everything makes me angry. There's a good chance my original L plate post caught me on a bad day.

An annoying thing when driving is stupid pedestrians who just waltz out onto the road and expect you to slow down and drive around them. If you hit them, it's your fault, but they're the ones who are going to get hurt. You think that'd make them look before they leap but nooo.
Putting the car into second usually gives them a good fright and makes them hurry their asses across the road.

Jiga

Yeah I agree slow Learners piss me off... like Im sympathetic because I kno I hated it when people behind me tailgated on my L's, but if you cant do the speed limit get off the main road, stick to side streets until your confident enough ffs!

Last edited by a moderator:

CieL

HSC
^ Ahahaha scarybunny, we seem to have alot of similar experiences on the road..

Yesterday, my bf was driving and waiting at a roundabout.. and it was just him and this little pulsar on his right waiting to enter, so he stopped for the pulsar.. and the pulsar [no plates] stopped too, well, more like he never moved.. so my bf was like, what the heck, and goes thru the roundabout.. and I looked in the mirrors to see the pulsar start to move after my bf [and the whole world] had cleared the roundabout.. and there were abt 5 cars behind the pulsar.. obviously the dude didnt know the rules.. hence causing unnecessary traffic.. how the heck did they pass their DART!!

And I was driving on my local street trying to get to my local shops.. and there were about 5 lebs standing around their parked commo on the left.. cept they werent standing on the pedestrian footpath, they were standing on the road! The whole left side was just them standing there.. so I was like, dude wtf.. *turn on highbeams* *put the car into 2nd* *slammed on accelerator* And you can hear my car a mile away if you do that.. they heard my car VTEC, looked my way, then ran like cowards off the road, and cursing at me at the same time.. that was exciting.. cos I was half scared they wouldnt make it off the road in time =] Not like I really minded running over them.. just didnt want to scratch my paint..

Jiga

^

Lol Im sure it would alittle... afterall the whole point of it is fuel efficiency at low RPM and max power at high RPM, so expect if the engine is working harder for it to make more noise along with the fact that the valves are opening for longer etc so more air sucked in = more noise etc... (Although tbh when I raced my friends Euro I couldnt really hear the engine over my V6, Honda make em prity quiet)

CieL

HSC
Maybe I should of said "when my car hit 5-7.5k rpm and my engine sounded like it was going to blow up"

I'm sorry that I wasnt going 80, nor did I yank up the handbrake to drift around them

Pace_T

HSC
yeh i agree with u ciel its really annoying when ppl stand on the road and they wont move when they see u coming
but for me the most annoying thing is attention from dickheads coz im a p plater, they just stare at me and giving dirties when im at the lights waitng for it to turn green.

CieL

HSC
Hate it when people stop for several seconds (or longer) on a road which gives them right of way... then waits for the "give-way" people to go first...

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
breaking said:
oh and ps, older asian drivers and indians and wogs are all generally shit drivers, as are a lot of p platers who think they have a "fassssssssssssssssssssst car bro". NO A LANCER IS NOT A FAST CAR YOU FUCKING MORONS, DON'T ACT AS IF IT AS.
You're probably shit yourself.

CieL

HSC
FFS, some CRV driver with a trailer pissed me off yesterday..

I was just accelerating off the lights... and abt 10m in front was one of those "turn left with care" things turning into my 3 laned road in which I was on the very left.. and as I was late to work, I pushed my car a bit.. and as I floored the accelerator, that CRV turned right in front of me, forcing me to brake heavily to avoid hitting him.. and I high beam the cunt to tell him it was dangerous [he could of turned into the middle lane as there were no cars].. so I cut into the lane onto my right [middle lane] to overtake him cos he was going slower than my speed.. then I merge back into his lane [very left] since I needed to turn left soon..

For some reason, HE got pissed at me, and went into the middle lane, driving a wheel's width into my lane to try scare me with his stupid trailer.. then floors his car when his trailer was abt 30cm from the body of my car [close to hitting my side mirror].. at which point I had begun to turn left already..

Fucking cunt.. I should of hit into his trailer so he had to pay me.. But thinking about it, I'm not sure who would of been at fault if that was to happen.. cos it's my side/front scraping his side/rear.. even tho he was the one who was in my lane.. Fucking hell.. If I didnt need to go to work, I would of done something nasty.. God knows what, but I was hella pissed..

Jiga

^

Yeah happens ALL the time. These great full license holders know the rules that well, your meant to wait until their is a safe gap... one where traffic doesnt have to slow down for you, but all the time you have to brake for someone. Today on some road (its one that goes to Cronulla) I was going 80km/h and this guy pulls out like 30m ahead... luckily I was quick and changed lanes asap to keep the speed up, but if I had to stay in the lane, I would have had to floor the brakes. He could at the very least floor it so he gets up to speed.

And unrelated, I nearly f*cked my car up... this MASSIVE slab of concrete was on the road and I had to swerve to avoid it because I had just checked by blindspot when I noticed it (had like <1sec to react), hitting it would have almost certainly either made me lose control or bust a tyre.

CieL

HSC
I dont care if I HAVE to slow down for them if I can change lanes...

But I DO care if I avoid crashing into you.. and you show your gratitude by trying to sideswipe and intimidate me

CieL

HSC
When people drive slowly on the right lane on a freeway......... and they're not overtaking, nor are there any cars in the middle lane... well, maybe there are cars in the middle lane but far away enough for you to merge in so I can overtake you........... du-ma! Learn your road rules already!

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
When idiots start laughing at me 'cus i'm a L plater.

One time, there were these anglo-saxon idiots in a 2002 commodore, who started making chicken noises at me and beeping the horn at me! Lucky i was in a pulsar, because i was pretty damn pissed. Eventually i snapped, and i think i went 80 in a 60 zone. Needless to say, my instructor was furious :)

CieL

HSC
lol when I was on my L-plates I showed who's boss to people who bully me on the roads..

My parents didnt give a fuck about how I drove as long as I dont damage the car in any way, or copped a camera fine.. not that I did either when I was on my Ls..

My old 'rolla copped a thrashing by me when I learnt on it.. I'd rev it so hard that my mum would be like, "what's that noise? Is it our car?"... my dad, "Yeah, it's your daughter driving it".. n then they got used to it..

Legham

HSC
I was the only one of my friends who didnt get tailgated and shit when i was on my L's.. 'tis weird. Apparently everyone was hell rude to them while they were on their L's, but nothing ever happened to me. They reckon it's cause i learnt in sweet audis, while they learnt in pretty dudley cars, but i dunno.

CieL

HSC
I rarely got tailgated.. cos usually I'd be ahead a mile away..

But the thing which pissed me off the most and promted my mum to let me get my Ps before my HSC was the way in which people would cut me off in a roundabout.. I've seen some L platers turn in roundabouts and they are soooo fkn slow, full going up the concrete n shit.. but I tend to go a good continuous speed in a roundabout, and people see my yellow plate on the exterior of my car and dash in in front of me thinking they wont have to follow me later.. and several times I've had to brake for people like that.. either they lag or I enter too fast, I dont know which..

But it did improve a crapload when I put my Ls inside my car instead of outside.

Jiga

One time, there were these anglo-saxon idiots in a 2002 commodore, who started making chicken noises at me and beeping the horn at me! Lucky i was in a pulsar, because i was pretty damn pissed. Eventually i snapped, and i think i went 80 in a 60 zone. Needless to say, my instructor was furious
That doesnt instill me with any confidence... everyone gets tailgated etc, but to react by speeding up, that aint the right thing to do. You have to block out other idiots on the road, not be effected like that because thats how crashes occur!

As for most annoying things, Im going to re-mention people who when turning right at lights in a two lane marked arrow situation come from their inside lane to the outside one which is ILLEGAL. Its happened a further 2 times since I got hit by someone, the other day was the worst where I had to brake because the idiot came straight across. A full license holder as usual.... they really know their basic road rules.......

Last edited by a moderator:

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
That doesnt instill me with any confidence... everyone gets tailgated etc, but to react by speeding up, that aint the right thing to do. You have to block out other idiots on the road, not be effected like that because thats how crashes occur!
Well they were next to me, and it was a clear road, but yeah, thats pretty much what my instructor said afterwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)