• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Most. F*cked-up. Ever. (1 Viewer)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
What is the most disturbing movie you've seen? Until recently, it had been relatively tame flicks like "Fight Club", "Se7en", "Mulholland Drive", "Deliverance" or "Battle Royale", but then a few minutes ago, I saw this Korean 'gem' by the title of "Oldboy"...

That I'd call "Deliverance" or "Battle Royale" tamed compared to it should give you some idea of how ...unique this movie it is. Suffice to say that with the level of censorship in America and Western countries, a movie like it will never be made. Here's a small sample of things which made my stomach retch:

A guy eating a live octopus.
A guy getting his teeth pried out as a method of torture.
A guy cutting off his own tongue.
The most outrageous, psychotic, pathetic outburst of despair and insanity ever seen on film.

And best (or is it worst?) of all (do NOT read the spoiler if you plan on seeing this movie)...

Passionate, graphic father-daughter incest.

Having said all that, it really is an experience. I take no responsbility for psychological scarring when I recommend Oldboy to you :p.

David and Margaret review. http://www.abc.net.au/atthemovies/txt/s1305812.htm

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
check out some french films, they got a different less restricting censoring system there, so u get films that wouldnt be usually made in the US , Aus. Plus the diffenrent culture makes the films unique.

and yes japanese and other asian countries also make wierd movies. they are obssesed with underage girls and all that wierd sex fetishes

one of the films had graphic rape scenes etc etc.

HSC
there's this documentary called mondo cane, its about some of the things that people eat in different parts of the world. it doesn't sound that bad, but when they're skinning live snakes and putting them in paper bags, and eating labradors, its pretty nasty.

it doesn't compare to that obviously, but if you feel like grossing yourself out, go watch it.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
katietheskatie said:
there's this documentary called mondo cane, its about some of the things that people eat in different parts of the world. it doesn't sound that bad, but when they're skinning live snakes and putting them in paper bags, and eating labradors, its pretty nasty.

it doesn't compare to that obviously, but if you feel like grossing yourself out, go watch it.

National geo channel?

i think i saw it. they also got those taboo shows, they are amazing to watching i love it

Stan..

HSC
You have no idea, Do you?
If you think that that is sick, Try watching a Few Snuff/Shockumentaires. Like Faces of Death. Yes, You tend to see that movies such as those have been made. But we have stricter censorship than most countries, so they will never ever be seen by the general movie-going public. IE There are gore fests that make Braindead look like a G , Yet there would be no point releasing it cause it would be censored so much that there would be boring and stupid. You tend to see that movies like that are Taboo for us. But there is much worse than that.

Last edited:

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
jim_green said:
What is the most disturbing movie you've seen? Until recently, it had been relatively tame flicks like "Fight Club", "Se7en", "Mulholland Drive", "Deliverance" or "Battle Royale", but then a few minutes ago, I saw this Korean 'gem' by the title of "Oldboy"...

That I'd call "Deliverance" or "Battle Royale" tamed compared to it should give you some idea of how ...unique this movie it is. Suffice to say that with the level of censorship in America and Western countries, a movie like it will never be made. Here's a small sample of things which made my stomach retch:

A guy eating a live octopus.
A guy getting his teeth pried out as a method of torture.
A guy cutting off his own tongue.
The most outrageous, psychotic, pathetic outburst of despair and insanity ever seen on film.

And best (or is it worst?) of all (do NOT read the spoiler if you plan on seeing this movie)...

Passionate, graphic father-daughter incest.

Having said all that, it really is an experience. I take no responsbility for psychological scarring when I recommend Oldboy to you :p.
sounds similar to Ichi The Killer, i didnt find it disturbing even though its really violent. it has stuff like a guy cutting off his tongue as well and people being sliced right down the middle but because its done in sort of a comical kill bill type of way its pretty entertaining.

most disturbing movie ive ever seen would be Cannibal Holocaust. a movie that i will not be watching again.

Stan..

HSC
im an idiot said:
most disturbing movie ive ever seen would be Cannibal Holocaust. a movie that i will not be watching again.
That is what I am getting at, I could say that anyone who has seen it would agree that it is just fucking disturbing.

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
Stan.. said:
If you think that that is sick, Try watching a Few Snuff/Shockumentaires. Like Faces of Death. Yes, You tend to see that movies such as those have been made. But we have stricter censorship than most countries, so they will never ever be seen by the general movie-going public. IE There are gore fests that make Braindead look like a G , Yet there would be no point releasing it cause it would be censored so much that there would be boring and stupid. You tend to see that movies like that are Taboo for us. But there is much worse than that.
erg.. i despise those types of movies. i can watch people being blown to bits with ease if its all fake but when it comes to real stuff like those terrorist videos i just cant take it :(

btw have you actually seen a real snuff film?

Stan..

HSC
im an idiot said:
erg.. i despise those types of movies. i can watch people being blown to bits with ease if its all fake but when it comes to real stuff like those terrorist videos i just cant take it :(

btw have you actually seen a real snuff film?
Yep. One of my friends talked me into it. Just wrong, the odd thing is that some people get off on this shit.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Stan.. said:
I guess not, but then, I think at Oldboy I'll draw the line.

Stan..

HSC
jim_green said:
I guess not, but then, I think at Oldboy I'll draw the line.
As would anybody, That movie is real fucked up from the sounds of things. But it is nowhere near the sickest movie ever.

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
Stan.. said:
Yep. One of my friends talked me into it. Just wrong, the odd thing is that some people get off on this shit.
i always thought they didnt exist or at least ive hoped :(.

by snuff film you mean where the actors are killed in real life as well as the movie?
and they have to be actors (executions dont have actors), thats what ive always thought snuff to be

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
im an idiot said:
i suggest u dont check out www.ogrish.com and watch some real life movies.
i can say iam basically desensatised to everything, but some of that shit still makes be hard to continue looking at.

Stan..

HSC
im an idiot said:
i always thought they didnt exist or at least ive hoped :(.

by snuff film you mean where the actors are killed in real life as well as the movie?
and they have to be actors (executions dont have actors), thats what ive always thought snuff to be
Snuff is best described as Death on Tape. It is pretty much just amature video of death and/or executions. If it helps you understand the concept, Just think 1 or 2 Hours of Rotten.com Video Clips.

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
Stan.. said:
Snuff is best described as Death on Tape. It is pretty much just amature video of death and/or executions. If it helps you understand the concept, Just think 1 or 2 Hours of Rotten.com Video Clips.
hmm i still dont think executions are snuff. im sure that snuff films dont just show death on film, the death is choreographed specifically for the film which is why it basically doesnt exist.

Stan..

HSC
im an idiot said:
hmm i still dont think executions are snuff. im sure that snuff films dont just show death on film, the death is choreographed specifically for the film which is why it basically doesnt exist.
Meh, I am not a expert on the topic and don't wish to be so why don't we just leave it at that?

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
Stan.. said:
Meh, I am not a expert on the topic and don't wish to be so why don't we just leave it at that?
agreed im getting sick just thinking about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)