Most Over-exposed Celebs Today (1 Viewer)

Fry

Originally posted by Jenny_Lo
You have to understand that is not there fault that they are overexposed. It is your fault for buying the newspapers and magazines with them on the cover, if you didn't buy them and you didn't create interest around them then I am sure you will not have to hear about them again....Then we can simply focus on their careers rather than there personal life...
well you have to understand that for some celebs, it is their fault. i dont buy the mags but whenever i walk into a newsagency, turn on the TV or buy a newspaper (not for the reason that theyre on the cover but for the sole purpose of reading up on the latest news), there they are. i dont create interest in them, i couldnt care less. i cant help it if theyre stuffed in my face 24/7. Stars like JLo and Britney are starving for attention, they create all these publicity stunts to save their careers. dont you ever notice how stars that do stay in the spotlight are still able to remain relatively popular while stars that were once popular stay quiet and then release a single a few years later are thought of has beens. reclusive celebs are just as popular but they are not cheap and desperate to flaunt everything they do out in the public eye to see.

lets take a look at a few publicity stunts committed by Britney Spears during the lifespan of her career:

- Britney and Madonna kiss at MTV video music awards
- Britney and Madonna in a raunchy video together (doesnt surprise me)
- Britney wearing a 'dump him' t-shirt after her break-up with Justin Timberlake and hooking up with Cameron Diaz's ex, Jared Leto
- Britney smooching Colin Farrell at his movie premiere and partying with him all night long
- Britney swearing into the mic at a concert
- Britney posing nude and provocatively in men's magazines
- Britney 'accidentally' dropping her diet pills at an airport
- Britney drinking a Coca Cola bottle whilst signed onto a multi-million dollar deal with Pepsi
- Britney smoking on a hotel balcony
- Britney wearing barely there and weird clothing all the time
- Britneys belly button ring (not so much a publicity stunt but i remember hearing that on the news. yes, the news! so it did generate some attention)
- Britneys fling with Fred Durst

im sure there are plenty more..can anyone think of some more to add to the list?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Fry
dont you ever notice how stars that do stay in the spotlight are still able to remain relatively popular while stars that were once popular stay quiet and then release a single a few years later are thought of has beens.
that's so true, britney will never be a has been because she's always the centre of attention

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
Nicole Kidman
she is def not overexposed.. her work and her talent and her chrisma are deserving of the attention

Originally posted by crazylilmonkee
paris and niki hilton
they are sooooooooo fake!!!!! how barbie plastic do they look???

Originally posted by scut
Holly Vallance is over-rated and "over-exposed"...
i find holly valence the aussie version of the slut britany ahhaha her first vid clip set the tone... lyk she was wearing a nude bikini in which she is meant to look *naked* ahahhahah

Originally posted by Karlee
Britney is on the cover of this month's Cosmo wearing a t-shirt with a photo of Madonna on it. Hand me a bucket...
make that 2.

N

ND

Originally posted by Macccca
i will prolly get bagged from this but..

Delta Goodrem..

i just dont believe that she is amazing as every believes, i mean she sings, there are plenty of other singers around. personally i think australian Bands who produce music should be put in the spot light rather then plain singers.

sure it was a shame that she got cancer but even before this i reckon she was overexposed.
Delta does write her own music (only like 2 songs on her album were written by others). Okay so some other artists don't get the recognition they deserve, but that doesn't mean Delta deserves any less than she's getting. I don't think she's overexposed at all, i mean yeh, there was media attention after the ARIA's, but she got 7 awards, what do you expect? What do you mean by 'plain singers'? She's an excellent singer; to have a vibrato like hers at her age is crazy. She's also quite competent on the piano. Delta isn't just another 'pop-star'.

N

ND

Originally posted by crazylilmonkee
just these chicks that seems to raid all these mags i flip thru...
paris and niki hilton
omg enough about disliking undies!!
Did anyone see them on Roy & HG? Can you say 'slow'? They had no idea that roy and hg were taking the piss, it was so funny..

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
man dat woiuld have being funniz...it suprises meeh that they are even willing to show up on a show such as roy and hg....

they have a mtv series... and they were sent to a farm..and they had to do farm activies...and it was soo boriing to watch those 2 trying to mmilk a cow or do ani work....cuz they spent more time woryring abt their nails and complinin than actualli gettin the work done..

^___^
HSC
lol..
Roy & HG...its good if u watch it everynow and then..but too much..gets boring...

did u se how Roy & HG had a go at the sports minister or something at "the cream"..
the guy couldn't stop laughting...

Fry

Originally posted by Karlee
Britney is on the cover of this month's Cosmo wearing a t-shirt with a photo of Madonna on it. Hand me a bucket...
see, there's another example of Britney trying to draw attention to herself and with Maddy returning the favour. such a pathetic and desperate attempt to prove to the whole world that her and her idol are the bestest of friends. there are even pictures of them wearing friendship bracelets..man she (and Madonna) will do anything to attract attention..two very sad losers

Originally posted by ND
I don't think she's overexposed at all, i mean yeh, there was media attention after the ARIA's, but she got 7 awards, what do you expect?
you gotta be blind to think that Delta isn't overexposed because she so is. its been happening ever since Born to Try went to #1 and now even moreso after being diagnosed with cancer. i subscribe to the Daily Telegraph and she is practically in there on a daily basis. i dont think it is her fault though, it's because Aussies love her so much.

Originally posted by ND
Did anyone see them on Roy & HG? Can you say 'slow'? They had no idea that roy and hg were taking the piss, it was so funny..
hello..they're blonde

Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
man dat woiuld have being funniz...it suprises meeh that they are even willing to show up on a show such as roy and hg....
they're foreigners, like they knew who Roy and HG were and they get paid to be on the show, you can never get too much :)

Last edited:

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
but dont their publicists tell them the nature of roy and hg?? ahahah ie: satiricall.. hahah
You could see that those two rich, spoilt ,stuck up sisters, weren't too impressed with the show. It was a look of sheer horror when Roy and HG presented them with the "cream rugby set" and the 'toilet paper dispenser'.

N

ND

Originally posted by Fry

you gotta be blind to think that Delta isn't overexposed because she so is. its been happening ever since Born to Try went to #1 and now even moreso after being diagnosed with cancer. i subscribe to the Daily Telegraph and she is practically in there on a daily basis. i dont think it is her fault though, it's because Aussies love her so much.

What else would you expect from a tabloid newspaper?

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
um...thats sorta what this thread is all about.

over exposure in the media is all about the tabloid magazines (great tle song btw). they make something from nothing and then it spreads through means such as word of mouth. saying a celeb is overexposed is just saying that the media spends way too much time on them.

i dont think anyone can say thats not true concerning delta goodram

N

ND

Well i can't really comment on how they're covered in tabloid newpapers/magazines, cos i don't read them. All i know is that she doesn't get overexposed in the smh, and on general tv. But i guess that doesn't mean much anyway... So i retract my comment that she isn't overexposed, but i'll say that she deserves all attention she gets.

Giddy_Kitty69

Banned
The most over-esposed celebs are the Hilton Sisters for christ sakes!!. Those two skanky hoes can never keep their legs shut.........Paris apparently had a fling with Millsy from Idol, how funni is that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)