• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Most Overrated of 2005 (1 Viewer)

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
why is bloc party over-rated? yes the guys voice gets annoying after a while ... but i liked the beat in alot of their songs, (helicopter, banquet) the bloc party drummer is awesome ...

anything released in the "pop" music genre is generally over-rated ... because people who buy that music have no taste (teen boppers) ...

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
With teeth wasnt that bad :p .. sure the 'mainstreamed' "only" was a little whack, but "Right Where It Belongs", "All The Love In The World" and "The Line Begins To Blur" are all top tracks imo ..

And John Mayers shift to the trio will take some time to move out of the covering of tracks into some of their won elite stuff ;)

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
ohhh definitely bloc party.
i had heard so much about them leading up to splendour on jjj, and thought "wow why don't they play them more, im sure i'd know them if i heard their music coz its probs just one of those good songs that i don't know who its by".... but no.
i had indeed heard their hideous music.
and i was right, i didn't put two and two together and realise that bloc party were the felons behind such ear-trash.
because thats what they are.
ear-trash.
not the best effing band of 2005.
but hey, its all subjective and if you like bloc party im sure you have your reasons... as long as you dont base that like on their overratedness.
coz that would be silly.

this is kinda in another universe altogether, but the pussycat dolls? overrated dot com. who on earth buys their music to make them number one?? sheesh.

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
I hate the pussycat dolls, they are fucking overrated. when will their gay song dont gya get off the top spot ppl stop bueying this heaps of shit

SiReN

HSC
Rogue Traders-Voodoo child
Mario-let me love u or some bulshit
foo fighters
Pussycat dolls
Kelly Clarkson
The Veronicas
Amerie-1 thing
Ben Lee
Black eyed Peas
you're Beautiful -james Blunt

its a mixture of hate & being overplayed

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Jerry Cuntholme said:
That new Strokes song. My god, what a pile of shit.
why won't you come over here?
we've got a city to love

coooooooooold you're so cooooooooooooold you're so cooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllldddddddddddddd

hahaha oh my strokies. they're even losing their hawtness too :(

tim price

HSC
i think most people are basing this on a couple of songs they've heard on the unreliable triple j. sit down and listen to the albums.

franz and bloc party bashers especially.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
tim price said:
i think most people are basing this on a couple of songs they've heard on the unreliable triple j. sit down and listen to the albums.

i love franz. but i hate bloc party. everyone was labelling them to be "the next franz" in terms of britpop, but i completely disagree. im not saying you cant like them, the lead singer's voice just annoys the hell outta me. i think they get far too much hype than they deserve.

HSC
franz are shit. bloc party are shit. futureheads are decent for like a song or two. overall britain is going down a homogenised road of total ratshit. new york is where its at yo.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Jerry Cuntholme said:
franz are shit. bloc party are shit. futureheads are decent for like a song or two. overall britain is going down a homogenised road of total ratshit. new york is where its at yo.

HSC
breaking said:
that isnt me
i'm no dirty negroid!
i bet you wish you were though, so the darkness could mask that minging cunt of a face you have... artfag style.

walrusbear

HSC
tim price said:

i downloaded the bloc party album and i was met with felch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)