Motivational Stories? (1 Viewer)

j12onuzim

HSC
So far, the HSC has been going terribly for me- did badly in my first assessments and I'm almost on the verge of giving up lately. Its ironic since I did have an atar goal of 97+ but at the moment, I'm only average and not going to a selective school.
Does anyone have any motivational stories?

aarzoo

HSC
Just keep going!!! You've come too far to just give it all up.
Keep that ATAR in sight and do your best!!!
It's okay if you're not doing good at the moment but study hard for the trials they weight the most.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I spent 850 hours playing LoL during HSC year, and look where I am now.

(stronk motivation/10)

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
Advisor recommended me to go to a public school in year 7 due to poor marks, D's, C's and low B's were maintained up until year 11, atm my worst rank is 30/140.
Shows hard work pays off, and that any dumbcunt who has put in effort can achieve anything they want.
Aiming for 98.5+

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Unless you maintained Diamond throughout your HSC, im not impressed
I think you would be more impressed that I didn't leave bronze. Dem f33ls, spent several hundred games beating around in the bush; got no where in terms of LoL ranking or my HSC.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I should be making my way to gold soon! Within the next month, hopefully! Currently mid silver 3. Started the season in bronze 2.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You are empowered to create your motivational story, don't rely on being inspired by others, create your own:). I was in the ESL class in my school in year 7, and through six years of effort, I came first internally in English Advanced and English Extension One and got a band 6 in both subjects. This is not a super motivational story, but it is to show you that anyone, anywhere can have the potential to create their own inspirational story-just through trying their very best in everything they do:)

photastic

HSC
There was a kid, who was lost in the accelerated class, couldn't keep up with the subject (maths). He was stressing so much because he was unable to understand literally anything. He literally failed algebra, calculus, deriving, stat pts, was bottom 10 for the first HSC assessment. No one cared nor paid attention to him as he continued to be a bottom student. He did alright for the half yearlies and 2nd task, slowly rising to the middle. Still it wasn't enough to get anyone's attention, however the teacher saw something, and gave him a challenge to surprise people. Still observing the kid, he continued to withdraw as he failed the last test before trials. However, the trial results came. Everyone had their mouths open, the teacher laughing as the boy saw his result, top 7. He jumped up the rankings by 20. In the HSC exam he used the success from the trials. However he forgot the vital piece that would prevent him from b6, his poor efforts for the other internal exams. He was so close to obtain the b6 he lusted, he was rejected by a spec, all because he was damn lazy in the beginning.

What happened to him afterwards?

He had to start over, instead of dropping 2 units he had to complete it all over again. This time he was different. Instead of surprising others with booms he had a new approach... Prove Everyone Wrong. He was still the underdog and people still did not quite recognise him. He looked at the top students in his grade. All naturally smart and had the work ethics to top subjects, especially the subject he had to repeat. He looked at his teacher, the catalyst of this chapter. There, he usurped the top maths students, topping 3u and barely reaching the top for 2u and stole ranks in other subjects comparing his average ranks for prelims. Now, his name is feared by all the maths students, who now push to steal that crown ranking.

Message from this story: Just do it, don't regret later.

Last edited:

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
You are empowered to create your motivational story, don't rely on being inspired by others, create your own:). I was in the ESL class in my school in year 7, and through six years of effort, I came first internally in English Advanced and English Extension One and got a band 6 in both subjects. This is not a super motivational story, but it is to show you that anyone, anywhere can have the potential to create their own inspirational story-just through trying their very best in everything they do:)
Wow strawberrye this is inspirational!!

kden

HSC
N/A
failed hsc, didn't care

motivation

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
First Adv English assessment, less then 50%.
Second Adv English Assessment, more then 85%.

Don't give up its still possible to improve! Just work smarter

stgeorge2

HSC
Less work done -> 'I can catch up'
Move on -> 'I don't have time to catch up'
Before exam -> 'OMG TOO MUCH WORK!!! I CANT HANDLE THIS!I GIVE UP!
Exam -> 'Ok I am f**ked, I can't reach my goal'

OR

More work done -> 'Easy pizy"
Move on -> 'Fu**ing eazy"
Before exam -> 'YESS MOTHER FKER I MADE LESS AND LESS MISTAKES! I HAVE BEAT ANOTHER PERSON!'
Exam -> 'Aced. Eazy'

I have experienced both cases. Just work hard with the right strategy, you can do it.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
less work done -> 'i can catch up'
move on -> 'i don't have time to catch up'
before exam -> 'omg too much work!!! I cant handle this!i give up!
Exam -> 'ok i am f**ked, i can't reach my goal'

or

more work done -> 'easy pizy"
move on -> 'fu**ing eazy"
before exam -> 'yess mother fker i made less and less mistakes! I have beat another person!'
exam -> 'aced. Eazy'

i have experienced both cases. Just work hard with the right strategy, you can do it.
fuark would hate to be you.

1-2 marks for each sub!

Hopp

HSC
Advisor recommended me to go to a public school in year 7 due to poor marks, D's, C's and low B's were maintained up until year 11, atm my worst rank is 30/140.
Shows hard work pays off, and that any dumbcunt who has put in effort can achieve anything they want.
Aiming for 98.5+
Yeah agree with this, legit anyone can score well in the HSC if you put in the effort and utilize your time sufficiently. In year 11 I scored extremely poorly and did no study apart from the day before the test. My Yearly report were full of 60-70 scores and my best ranking was 8/48 for English.

However during the holidays between 11/12 I decided to start studying, get motivated, set a goal and work as hard as I could. I dropped 2 sports, stopped a few hobbies and spent that time on school work. Now after my half yearlies I am ranked top 3 in all classes, 1st in the year for English with 98% score as well as 1st in Ex.1, Ex.2, Geo and Ancient.

The primary factor which motivates is seeing the results you earn after working hard, it's the only way to identify progress whilst translating results to further motivation, good luck.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)