Moves to outlaw planking (1 Viewer)

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
http://www.crikey.com.au/2011/05/24/what-a-plank-sa-ags-office-mulls-planking-ban/

South Australia is considering outlawing dangerous planking attempts as the increasingly-popular social media-fueled craze puts the fragile lives of the state’s vulnerable youth at serious risk.
Crikey understands that a secret cabinet submission, circulated under the auspices of freshly-minted Attorney General John Rau, is doing the rounds in government circles that makes some acts of planking — in which adherents are photographed or videoed lying face down on a random object parallel to the ground — a criminal offence. Unspecified “related behaviour” would also fall under its orbit.
An attachment to the document is said to contain images of what public servants consider to be safe and dangerous or “precipitous” planking — in which the broader public as well as the planker is endangered. The proposal would be enacted via a new amendment to the state’s Criminal Law Consolidation Act.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
If they make is illegal, I think more people would do it.

Lentern

HSC
I support this if we can make the legislation retrospective and use it to lock up Richard Wilkins.

Jimmy Recard

Banned
HSC
bligh actually hasnt said anything like that

some cunt said it on twitter (john birmingham)

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
You can tell politicians have nothing better to do when they dicuss and debate lying down on shit.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
The whole planking thing is the memetic embodiment of absurdity.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty hard to define exactly what constitutes planking on something. What if your just lying down?

Planking is banned at my school lol

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Planks are an important pillar of society.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
lET ME BRING INFINITE POWER TO THE HUMAN BODY

also ban planking not because its dangerous (it isnt anyway) but because it is stupid

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
relevant

Bill Hicks
What a dick. He's an idiot. If he thought he could fly, why didn't he take off from the ground first? Check it out? You don't see geese lined up to catch elevators to fly south; they fly from the fucking ground. He's an idiot. He's dead. Good! We lost a moron? Fucking celebrate. There's one less moron in the world.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
hahahahaha i dont know how im going to make it through my life without killing some cunts

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty hard to define exactly what constitutes planking on something. What if you're just lying down?
Planking is banned at my school lol
They banned it at my school on monday. I planked in Chem on Friday and we all had a laugh at how I represented the lower 20% of intelligence in society, but apparently some kids were planking on the sail things near the hall which are like 4 metres off the ground (no idea how they got up there) and apparently on railings and shit...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)