mp3 players... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierotte

HSC
Now im not sure if this is the plcae to post this but im sick of lugging around a ton of CDs everywhere i go, so i wanna invest in an mp3 player, but NOT AN IPOD... frankly they shit me..

anyway, i want something around 5 gig, any suggestions??
oo and a voice recorder option would be cool...

anyway do u all own mp3 players? if so what kind and what are the benefits/disadvatages and do u recomend??

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Creative's Zen Micro would definately meet all of your requirements and is smaller than the ipod mini as well

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
I had a creative mp3 player, ive actually had 2.. one was replaced under warranty because the hard drive died. The 2nd one, the hard drive is almost dead in it as well, and now stays at my girlfriends house because shes uses it. So from my experience creative players arent that great - the customer service was slow as well.. but reasonably helpful when it arrived.
I now have an ipod, with no complaints - except for one.. which is related to my hardware configuration.. not to the ipod or itunes its self. Other than that ipods are great.
Olympus recently released a player similar to an ipod and a Zen micro - sorta like a cross between. I'm not sure how it performs. but it might be worth checking out.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I just got my mad Iriver IFP-795 player.

And the price was......................................................................................................................................................a magical $205 at Rockdale Good Guys with internet prices at $350.

So be prepared to haggle and haggle and bargain and make up shit about their competitors to get a good price.

It took me about 1 hr haggling to get it down to that price.
Pretty good, it's like getting paid $145/hr.

So NEVA PAY THE MARKED PRICE on MP3 Players.
It also shits me how much those internet stores rip you off.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
It seems alot of ppl on BoS are iriver fans however the only model which competes with the ipod mini is the iriver h10 and that has gotten nothing but bad reviews in the media...so which models are the good ones?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iRiver iFP, the flash ones were great, and still continue to be.

They offer a great deal of functionality, radio, voice recording, decent sound quality, 128,256,512 models to suit people, slightly bigger than a AA battery, and runs for quite a while.

:) Great design as well.

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
Creative zen micro 4 sure, I juz got 1 and its fantabulous so far...it's got extra features like radios and replaceable batteries compared 2 the Ipods...in the long run ur gonna spend heaps of money on replacing batteries 4 the Ipod while the zen micro 1's are pretty cheap...:cool:

supercharged

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
iRiver iFP, the flash ones were great, and still continue to be.

They offer a great deal of functionality, radio, voice recording, decent sound quality, 128,256,512 models to suit people, slightly bigger than a AA battery, and runs for quite a while.

:) Great design as well.
Flash players eh? but the thing is that the good (at least 1GB) iriver flash players cost as much as ipod/creative mini 4/5 GB HD players and some don't even include a rechargeable battery despite the hefty price (needs crappy AAs) :eek: doesn't anyone find that to be a massive ripoff :confused:

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Pierotte said:
NOT AN IPOD... frankly they shit me..
why?
so many people hate on ipods, but none of them seem to say why (other than "they are gay" or "they r shit" or "irivers are better".

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
To Supercharged: learn to haggle because the marked prices are way higher than the wholesale prices retailers pay for.

This forum has Iriver lovers because most people in this forum fit into the Non-conformist category and like to be unique and different.

I didn't get an ipod for the following reasons:
-Ipods are bigger and even an Ipod mini wouldn't fit into my pocket with my wallet.
-Everyone has ipods and it's getting boring.
-Ipods are a bit overated.
-On my computer I have about 8gbs of Mp3s, I don't normally listen to old songs and sometimes I get A.D.D like symptoms where I constantly change songs and never listening to the whole song. (I read somehwer it's like over variety syndrome or something). Therefore if I had an ipod it would drive me nuts. Thats why I'd probably only need 512mb for one playlist.
-Irivers have really good playing time on the IFP 800 and 700 series. 40 hrs. I personally hate rechargeable batteries as they start to lose their power storing abilities after about a yr.
-Irivers are full of different functions like Asylum said (except he might be getting paid to say what he said).

Overally I don't have like a hate for Ipods. I reckon Iriver kicks Ipod's ass anyday.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
zenger69 said:
I just got my mad Iriver IFP-795 player.

And the price was......................................................................................................................................................a magical $205 at Rockdale Good Guys with internet prices at $350.

So be prepared to haggle and haggle and bargain and make up shit about their competitors to get a good price.

It took me about 1 hr haggling to get it down to that price.
Pretty good, it's like getting paid $145/hr.

So NEVA PAY THE MARKED PRICE on MP3 Players.
It also shits me how much those internet stores rip you off.
ahahhahhaha

pay less, pay cash!

thats pretty decent value, how big was the memory? meh, i could check it tmw at work, but i'll prolly forget :p

supercharged

HSC
N/A
HerO said:
Creative zen micro 4 sure, I juz got 1 and its fantabulous so far...it's got extra features like radios and replaceable batteries compared 2 the Ipods...in the long run ur gonna spend heaps of money on replacing batteries 4 the Ipod while the zen micro 1's are pretty cheap...:cool:
How expensive are the replacement batteries for the zen micro anyway? cos the ipod ones are a rip off :mad:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
zenger69 said:
-Irivers are full of different functions like Asylum said (except he might be getting paid to say what he said).
Haha :p I wish, no i had an old iFP-195TC before it broke :( and that kept me going for ages. I have a mini iPod nowdays just because i got it for cheap, the battery life and song choice is good i find for what i need it for, mainly uni bumming and driving in.

HerO

Banned
HSC
supercharged said:
How expensive are the replacement batteries for the zen micro anyway? cos the ipod ones are a rip off :mad:
I think it's between $20-$30, heaps cheaper than the Ipods, plus they're replaceable so u don't have 2 send ur whole mp3 player like the Ipods back 2 the manufacturers...

Ghost1788

HSC
Creative MuVo 5gb its very good though a little pricey my firend has one and its preety good. though wat ever MP3 u get i reccommend that you get one thats uses the common style batteries ie. AA, AAA, the replacements for the other proprietry style batteries are expensive...my spelling sucks

HerO

Banned
HSC
Ghost1788 said:
Creative MuVo 5gb its very good though a little pricey my firend has one and its preety good. though wat ever MP3 u get i reccommend that you get one thats uses the common style batteries ie. AA, AAA, the replacements for the other proprietry style batteries are expensive...my spelling sucks
U kidding me dude, no1 buys anything that uses AAA batteries it's 2 expensive 2 maintain...:cool:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I got an iPod Shuffle so even if the batteries die after a year I know there'll be new mp3 players that will be out and more advanced then the current ones. I see Shuffles are light, easy, quick and ultimately disposable until a REAL mp3 player comes out.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
transcendent said:
I got an iPod Shuffle so even if the batteries die after a year I know there'll be new mp3 players that will be out and more advanced then the current ones. I see Shuffles are light, easy, quick and ultimately disposable until a REAL mp3 player comes out.
REAL mp3 players are made by iRiver ...
too late for u though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)