MQ Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
What are the prereq chains like for law? How long can you defer the decision haha?
Tbh I've got no clue [emoji23]

I just want to transfer before I hit the 2/3 of the degree mark and miss out on credit recognition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Final exam timetables are out!

https://iexams.mq.edu.au/timetable

On another note, I got offered the internship!
Sadly for me i have my final exam on a Friday, then start full time on the Monday straight after! :lol:
12 weeks of break shall now be 12 weeks of internship.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC

Sadly for me i have my final exam on a Friday, then start full time on the Monday straight after! :lol:
CONGRATS!

I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away from sort of employment :p

We're sorta the same in that respect.

What type of work are you doing?

I'm still weighing up whether it's worth going to UTS because for whatever reason there aren't many summer subjects on offer :\

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Congrats!

Also my awful timetable is still exactly the same :cold:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Tbh I've got no clue [emoji23]

I just want to transfer before I hit the 2/3 of the degree mark and miss out on credit recognition.
Lol, fair enough. The 2/3 degree mark thing wouldn't count for internal transfers, right?

I'm still weighing up whether it's worth going to UTS because for whatever reason there aren't many summer subjects on offer :\
Yeah, it's probably not worth it yet if your main reason for considering UTS was trimesters. This year they had almost nothing (same amount as prior to "trimesters") and there's a lot more this year but it's still not quite there. Like there's a couple of subjects for the finance major, and some first year business subjects but not much besides that. Not much new for engineering, but they did add one subject a lot of my friends wanted over summer - so that's good.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Well I have just been informed that the average for contracts was 5/15 or something :shoot:

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Lol, fair enough. The 2/3 degree mark thing wouldn't count for internal transfers, right?

Yeah, it's probably not worth it yet if your main reason for considering UTS was trimesters. This year they had almost nothing (same amount as prior to "trimesters") and there's a lot more this year but it's still not quite there. Like there's a couple of subjects for the finance major, and some first year business subjects but not much besides that. Not much new for engineering, but they did add one subject a lot of my friends wanted over summer - so that's good.
Exactly! I was looking at them and all I saw was basically finance major subjects - which would be convenient for my boyfriend given he's a finance major.

I was thinking it would be worth their while to do some accounting units.

I really need this! I want to finish by Semester 1, 2018.

If not, I'm going to continue with law and I suppose finish end of 2020... lol

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Exactly! I was looking at them and all I saw was basically finance major subjects - which would be convenient for my boyfriend given he's a finance major.

I was thinking it would be worth their while to do some accounting units.

I really need this! I want to finish by Semester 1, 2018.

If not, I'm going to continue with law and I suppose finish end of 2020... lol

That's only an extra 1.5 years (time flies when you are having fun amiright ;) )

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Practically three weeks until exam's start....

Sleepless nights are imminent :(

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
That's only an extra 1.5 years (time flies when you are having fun amiright ;) )
Practically three weeks until exam's start....

Sleepless nights are imminent :(
But I'm not having fun [emoji23]

Omg yes, I'm so excited! It means I have leave hahaha.

I have my torts final quiz next Monday. RIP.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
The group isn't too bad. One person honestly sucks and I wish the rest of the group cared slightly more.

There's 4 questions within the assignment (everyone gets one) and all are unrelated. But mine is the stupid hard one and I don't even know what I'm doing anymore.:cry:

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
The group isn't too bad. One person honestly sucks and I wish the rest of the group cared slightly more.

There's 4 questions within the assignment (everyone gets one) and all are unrelated. But mine is the stupid hard one and I don't even know what I'm doing anymore.:cry:
Good luck my dear - I hope you figure it out.

One person in my group didn't have anything to do, so I made him review everyone else's and add stuff.

I had a test for ACCG101 and it was crazy easy. Not sure if I missed anything out but I assume I got close to 100%.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Well apparently ACCG224 is gonna get harder so I suppose that means I should try to study 26/7 for the subject so I don't repeat it :(

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Well apparently ACCG224 is gonna get harder so I suppose that means I should try to study 26/7 for the subject so I don't repeat it :(
I dunno how much harder a subject could get. I'm not sure what the UTS equivalent of that unit is.

Anyway, I have my heart set on UTS now. Hoping all goes to plan. I really wanna graduate. If I have to suffer for a year and a half so be it! I want that promotion [emoji7]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)