MQ Chatter Thread (3 Viewers)

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
As a general description, HECS-HELP is the same thing as paying up front, just that HECS-HELP is a pay over time kind of thing (both are the same in a long-term sense).

As the discounts are removed, they basically have no difference other than the times of payment, other than HECS-HELP have a variable debt value dependent on CPI. This is also disregarding the cost reduction for nursing, stats, science etc. courses (I'm doing Comm anyway).

Correct?

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
As a general description, HECS-HELP is the same thing as paying up front, just that HECS-HELP is a pay over time kind of thing (both are the same in a long-term sense).

As the discounts are removed, they basically have no difference other than the times of payment, other than HECS-HELP have a variable debt value dependent on CPI. This is also disregarding the cost reduction for nursing, stats, science etc. courses (I'm doing Comm anyway).

Correct?
You are correct. The only difference is the cost if you pay later should be more, as it essentially gains "interest" on the loan.

The discount used to be a considerable difference (I think my brother saved 20% or so by paying up front) but now it's gone and I never got anywhere near as good as him. :cry:

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Also Ubar is moving location later this year.
I've heard that whole hub building (C10a) is going?

I haven't actually seen anything to substantiate either of those stories, so if anyone sees anything official let me know.

On the topic of building renovations, the E7a (Faculty of Science building) renovation should be almost complete. I believe it was scheduled for February. When I went to get my new student card, exterior cladding was happening and interior fit out was happening too. Exciting to see it finally done because it feels like it's been going on forever.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry I just saw the official "ubar is moving not shutting" post on Facebook.

Wonder if the c10a getting demolished is true then?

I'm interested to see where ubar goes to be honest. There's still the whole upper level of the old library (above muse) that's got nothing happening!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
"Don't worry about the rumours fam.. Ubar won't be closing down!

There are some big changes happening on campus in 2017, and we are stoked to say we will be moving to a brand spankin' new location later in the year

More info coming soon "

Source:Ubar (Facebook)

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I've heard that whole hub building (C10a) is going?

It's not even a bad building though?? But yeah I've heard some rumours concerning that to.

On the topic of building renovations, the E7a (Faculty of Science building) renovation should be almost complete. I believe it was scheduled for February. When I went to get my new student card, exterior cladding was happening and interior fit out was happening too. Exciting to see it finally done because it feels like it's been going on forever.
Finally! Having lectures that ran during the day time in the Mason Theatre was extremely noisy!

Not to mention that I have two this semester and would rather not hear building noises whilst attempting to pay attention to the lecture.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Finally! Having lectures that ran during the day time in the Mason Theatre was extremely noisy!

Not to mention that I have two this semester and would rather not hear building noises whilst attempting to pay attention to the lecture.
There was these awful little classrooms on the ground floor. I used to have 9am accounting tutes in this room. The workers would be furiously making noise until 9, until one popped his head in to check we where there (this room has many access points. It was a wired room), before yelling "shut it off boys, there learning now!"

Then we'd get quieter construction for the next hour an a half :lol:

Also had a few lecturers up in the upper level lecture theatres. There's access behind the projection screens and space up there, and one night this worker kept coming past and looking in this tiny window. I have no idea why, but I thought it was funny.

I won't miss the jackhammers and drills, but I'll miss the funny construction workers! And I also look forward to having my graduation occur in a nice area and not a semi construction site! (Even if that's been pushed back a semester now ! :p)

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I'm glad HECs is sorted out now.
WHOOP WHOOP

Btw, my 8 page appeal appears to have worked for Business Organisations... managed to get it credited.

I've written a 12 page appeal combined for Accounting B and Management Accounting. This should work...

I really should have gone to U-Bar while at MQ... didn't ever think to go. Also didn't ever have anyone to go with haha.

Oh hey, since you're penultimate... does that mean we graduate at the same time :D :D :D

omg. i'm penultimate... woah finally *cries*

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
There was these awful little classrooms on the ground floor. I used to have 9am accounting tutes in this room. The workers would be furiously making noise until 9, until one popped his head in to check we where there (this room has many access points. It was a wired room), before yelling "shut it off boys, there learning now!"

Then we'd get quieter construction for the next hour an a half :lol:

Also had a few lecturers up in the upper level lecture theatres. There's access behind the projection screens and space up there, and one night this worker kept coming past and looking in this tiny window. I have no idea why, but I thought it was funny.

I won't miss the jackhammers and drills, but I'll miss the funny construction workers! And I also look forward to having my graduation occur in a nice area and not a semi construction site! (Even if that's been pushed back a semester now ! :p)
Ended up doing the night lectures for that subject because I didn't want to make learning even harder!

Pretty sure I'd avoid doing the official graduation ceremony till construction work finished(at least that's my aim).

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
WHOOP WHOOP

Btw, my 8 page appeal appears to have worked for Business Organisations... managed to get it credited.

I've written a 12 page appeal combined for Accounting B and Management Accounting. This should work...

I really should have gone to U-Bar while at MQ... didn't ever think to go. Also didn't ever have anyone to go with haha.

Oh hey, since you're penultimate... does that mean we graduate at the same time :D :D :D

omg. i'm penultimate... woah finally *cries*
YAY!

Well you don't need to be a student to go to Ubar unless you are trying to get into a party...

Well I hopefully finish S2 next year...

Yay for being penultimates!

Also on the iLearn front, it says 2 of my units will be released on the 27th February.

I hope I'm able to print the lecture notes before class!

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Also what is the best place to keep cool at Macquarie (Preferably not crowded..) just in case the weather continues to be horrible!

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
The pool at the gym obviously.

Or the lake if you like germs.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
To be fair I don't think the ducks would like it.

ALSO some of my unit guides went up yesterday! Despite two of these units being run by the exact same people, they've scheduled 4 assesments to be due within 24 hours of each other! Honestly, stupid computing department!

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm on 1/4 unit guides have come out.However it does say refer to the assessment guide for more information/is quite vague so that's incredibly helpful...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)