MQ Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Ahhh okay. I'm guessing this was introduced after I started then.

I'm expecting both my units will appear tomorrow. Ideally before my class but you never know! :lol:
I hope the same.

Please don't come midway through the class this time and disappear (cough cough accg1B)

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Mine are up too.

Now I just need an ilearn forum update email and everything's back to normal :lol:

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
It really bothers me everything has a proper street address now.

As if I know were 23 Wallys Walk is! :lol:

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Have they been abandoned?

HAS SOMEONE REALISED NOBODY REALLY READS THEM ANYWAY???

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
I buy my textbooks, but I actually use them for additional study.

I've had a few that weren't used during the unit for anything but additional learning, so most people didn't buy them.

You should be able to figure out during your first lecture and from your unit guide if you'll need them. If you've got any homework or assessments that use the book, I'd recommend buying it, or at least borrowing a copy from the library and getting photos of the sections you need.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
With the difference between HSC classes and uni classes, how many of you (2nd-4th years) wrote out your notes?

I type much faster than I can write, and don't really get distracted. Math classes are obviously pen-on-paper, but what about the more content-heavy courses?

I was thinking of typing first then writing, but it'd be a waste of time as I'd probably just refine my notes digitally as a way of revision.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
IMO the difference between HS classes and uni classes is that study is more self-directed, less hand holding and required you to have self-discipline. Content is obviously at a tertiary standard, though first year subjects help you with that.

I'll admit I've been pretty lazy for the last 3 years and I have only written my notes for 2 or 3 units (law classes that I knew had open book exams).

Otherwise I don't typically write notes, I just do homework/tute questions because honestly I didn't have enough time (poor time management on my part).

This semester I intend on trying to break that habit by writing out (digitally) my notes to see if it helps boost marks. I've got an aim of D+ this sem (sort of because I may or may not want to apply for grad jobs later... keeping my options open).

Mind you, I'm probably the worst person for academic advice [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
GUYS I GOT AN ILEARN FORUM UPDATE :lol:

I'll agree with everything InsoulvencyReaper has said.

I personally hand write my notes, and then refine and type them later. I find I learn better with less technology to distract me. As I've said earlier, I was a grade above thebfrist that had laptops and I didn't even own one until well into my first year of University. Writing notes is just how I work.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Had my first day today with a short 2 hours. BBA102's Dr. Gow's intro tut was interesting, nothing much about content.

Finance 1A was a bit messy, it was just an immediate group allocation depending on seating (i.e. friends who sat together easily got into the group). The content also did some weird maths question which seemed to be dependent on knowledge from lectures.

Dr. Gow mentioned he prefers students to do lectures then tutorials, do they expect that?

HSC
N/A
"Usually" the whole concept of a Tutorial is to discuss/do problems in a small group based on a previous weeks lecture(s)...
that's why a lot don't bother starting until week2 - but as nothing in a week 1 Tutorial is, likely, assessable then I'm sure you'll safely adapt to whatever the heck your Unit is doing?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
With the difference between HSC classes and uni classes, how many of you (2nd-4th years) wrote out your notes?

I type much faster than I can write, and don't really get distracted. Math classes are obviously pen-on-paper, but what about the more content-heavy courses?

I was thinking of typing first then writing, but it'd be a waste of time as I'd probably just refine my notes digitally as a way of revision.
I find it easier to learn from writing paper notes, but whatever you have found works best for you from past experience I'd recommend you to continue that way.

TheMoney

HSC
Hey just wanted to ask what happens if you decide to change a unit now? Does your name just get removed from the unit you are changing from into the one you are changing to?

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey just wanted to ask what happens if you decide to change a unit now? Does your name just get removed from the unit you are changing from into the one you are changing to?
That's correct!

You may find you have difficulty enrolling into classes (they may be full of simply you are unable to select as it's locked), in that case you'll need to email the unit and ask to be put into a class. I'd recommend telling them your preferences if that is the case.

I believe you can add units up until the census, however, if you miss assesment tasks or compulsory attendance can't be met, there isn't anything you can do. So check assessment guides before you enroll. Obviously being week 2, you probably would not have missed any assessments yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)