MQ Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks! Good luck for yours too.

This one's for a government role, so it's got extra screening and whatnot. Most are only a few hours tops.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Reminder: Make sure you change your oneID Password by 5pm today or you will be locked out of your accounts

https://passwordchange.mq.edu.au/

You'll loose access to Ilearn, emails, wifi etc, so make sure you change it!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Reminder: Make sure you change your oneID Password by 5pm today or you will be locked out of your accounts

https://passwordchange.mq.edu.au/

You'll loose access to Ilearn, emails, wifi etc, so make sure you change it!
I wonder if we'll have people wearing redshirts still for the next couple of weeks?

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
I wonder if we'll have people wearing redshirts still for the next couple of weeks?
This proves how little I am on campus outside of night time. I have no clue what your on about :lol:

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
This proves how little I am on campus outside of night time. I have no clue what your on about :lol:
I get the entire experience, from 8amish? to 8pm!

The red shirts say something about "ask me about changing your password " or something.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Gee that sounds like a fun job.

I wonder if I could ask why we haven't had to change our passwords in the 6 years I've been at uni? That'll annoy them! :p

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Gee that sounds like a fun job.

I wonder if I could ask why we haven't had to change our passwords in the 6 years I've been at uni? That'll annoy them! :p
oh what, is this a yearly thing? so we never really had to change it?

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
I've only ever had to change my estudent password, never my one ID. It should be at the absolute minimum, changed each semester, but you know, lets teach one thing in IT security and then not practice it. :lol:

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I've only ever had to change my estudent password, never my one ID. It should be at the absolute minimum, changed each semester, but you know, lets teach one thing in IT security and then not practice it. :lol:
I swear I've had to change my oneid before this year though....

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Economics graphs are giving me a headache to make in Word, especially filling out colours where we have to label certain areas of the graph.

So far I've resorted to using Photoshop for colour filling certain shapes. I want neat looking digital graphs so hand drawing them doesn't appeal to me.

crazy_paki123

HSC
hey everyone hows life at MQ these days haha. Is it weird that MQ hasnt blocked my Opal concession card yet even though ive graduated?

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
hey everyone hows life at MQ these days haha. Is it weird that MQ hasnt blocked my Opal concession card yet even though ive graduated?
WHAT!!! That's so unfair! Mine got blocked because I'm part time this semester. I'm very, very jealous right now :lol:

How've you been? Adult life treating you well?

crazy_paki123

HSC
yeah its ok. I was in an Audit gig at a mid tier but quit recently cause the people there were shit and i got an offer from EY haha which ill start in July. So atm im just studying for my first CA final exam and chilling. Ill definitely enjoy this break in time too cause once work starts therell be no time to bludge haha. One major suckything about adult life is that everything is much more expensive haha

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh nice. I hope EY works out for you. I know a few people that have worked there or currently do, and they all seem to like it.

I guess with any firm the work always floods in, but good people make so much of a difference.

Best of luck for your CA exam!

crazy_paki123

HSC
yeah thanks ilikecats. My uni mate works in EY to haha so ill be seeing him too and I know a couple of people there too and they say the work is enjoyable plus the director that interviewed me seemed really nice. EY's new building is really techy and all that too so can't wait to get started. Cool thing is most of my mates from uni got a big 4 offers so just waiting for the journey to start now!

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Fuck.

Lesson to be learnt from the first semester:
Remember to do quizzes.

Missed out 2 of 8 quizzes, and 1 has a horrible mark. Will need to ace all of these other ones to get a decent mark. only 5 of 8 are considered.

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Fuck.

Lesson to be learnt from the first semester:
Remember to do quizzes.

Missed out 2 of 8 quizzes, and 1 has a horrible mark. Will need to ace all of these other ones to get a decent mark. only 5 of 8 are considered.
Ouch. I can see how that would happen though... I reckon it'd be really helpful if iLearn had like a little pop-up tab at the bottom that showed you the stuff (even just quizzes) that's due. It'd be cool if you could also get a pop-up notification when you log in, telling you that there's a new lecture in Echo360.

Don't know if any of this would be possible though.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Ouch. I can see how that would happen though... I reckon it'd be really helpful if iLearn had like a little pop-up tab at the bottom that showed you the stuff (even just quizzes) that's due. It'd be cool if you could also get a pop-up notification when you log in, telling you that there's a new lecture in Echo360.

Don't know if any of this would be possible though.
That's a bit of a hold-your-hand kind of feature, but I could see how it works. Since iLearn already sends daily digests, scheduled notifications can be sent through email, maybe 2 or 3 hours before. An extension for like Chrome can also be made to have a notification sent through the browser if it was really needed.

Last edited:

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
I use a physical calendar hung above my desk. I write in the weeks, due dates, assignment weightings etc. at the start of semester. Its a lot easier to visualise how busy I am when its right in my face. :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)