• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

MQ Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I use a physical calendar hung above my desk. I write in the weeks, due dates, assignment weightings etc. at the start of semester. Its a lot easier to visualise how busy I am when its right in my face. :lol:
It's annoying when they change due dates with a paper calendar though.

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Would anyone be able to explain the 100, 200 and 300 level thing? I'm unsure of how unit requirements fit in with the 'levels'.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Would anyone be able to explain the 100, 200 and 300 level thing? I'm unsure of how unit requirements fit in with the 'levels'.
Essentially:
100 is first year
200 in second year
300 is third year

Each 'year' the topics become more complex. A 100 level usually has little prior knowledge required, but a 200 or 300 level unit generally builds upon topics you learnt in a lower lever subject.

If you have to take a lower level class first, or need to have a certain number of credit points, this is called a 'pre-requisite' subject.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah its ok. I was in an Audit gig at a mid tier but quit recently cause the people there were shit and i got an offer from EY haha which ill start in July. So atm im just studying for my first CA final exam and chilling. Ill definitely enjoy this break in time too cause once work starts therell be no time to bludge haha. One major suckything about adult life is that everything is much more expensive haha
Congratulations! Goodluck with your first CA exam!

mrstripedshades

HSC
Guys what does it mean that Afin102 is only gonna run this year, I'm assuming it means it will be replaced. In that case am I better off doing it next sem or not doing it?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Guys what does it mean that Afin102 is only gonna run this year, I'm assuming it means it will be replaced. In that case am I better off doing it next sem or not doing it?
If its a requirement for your handbook you've signed up for then you'd be better of doing it.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Where'd you hear this? I signed up for second semester anyway so I think I'm all gs.

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Finance is dank as if you would wanna delay it

mrstripedshades

HSC
Finance is dank as if you would wanna delay it
its my best subject so far, but i wanted to get the tedious subjects outta the way that i assume would have a lot of theory.

btw whats everyones favourite food and drinks places in the uni so far? theres better in macquarie centre but i rarely get the time/have no breaks unless im skipping lectures.

i really like thai kiosk so far... rest are ok, the kebab place has hsp's for a decent price but their not something i'd wanna eat for lunch 1-2 days a week

Last edited:

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
its my best subject so far, but i wanted to get the tedious subjects outta the way that i assume would have a lot of theory.

btw whats everyones favourite food and drinks places in the uni so far? theres better in macquarie centre but i rarely get the time/have no breaks unless im skipping lectures.

i really like thai kiosk so far... rest are ok, the kebab place has hsp's for a decent price but their not something i'd wanna eat for lunch 1-2 days a week
The Banh Mi from French Baguette is cheap but relatively overpriced, and a bit slimmed down than your average viet bakery banh mi. The pasta/salad store is also pretty cheap. $6 can get you an easy meal if you're happy with simple pasta.

I also go for heavy drinks from Boost that would fill me up on Tuesdays. Check the app and sometimes they have deals for $5 for an original. You can order and set a pick up time, so you can get it in between classes even if you only have a 10 or so minute break.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

For breakfast/coffee Presse Cafe

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
I became poor so I stopped buying food on campus (or on uni days in general).

The only place I really liked was the salad/pasta place. Always good pasta there.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe the cops wanted to give the doggies a break from always going to Redfern for Sydney Uni students?
Well you know, on the confessions page they always claim they're coming to the MQ library to study because it's too far to travel to the city :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)