MQ Chatter Thread (3 Viewers)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Blackboard was beginning to show its age to be honest, but I guess it could have held on for another year or two. It's good to see that they're being a little proactive about these kinds of things.

Will be pretty interesting to see what improvements we will get to have.
That's the thing, we got some Blackboard Lite version that was horrible. I believe that the current one is updated and runs ace (I think UNSW run it or a version called Vista).

But I do like the step towards open source, rather than being locked into another vendor item

RobinKumar

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey all do we need to draft both semester 1 and 2 for our 'proposed program form' or just semester 1?

gunat61

HSC
hi guys .. im confused as to where im meant to make that enrolment day thing??? macq called me last week and said my day was 14 february for my course. is that all or do i have to go do some booking .. and also, somehow i enrolled into last year cos the website is outdated in some places lol

gunat61

HSC
thankyou! i've done it lol. also, what are these people/planet units?? and do we get to choose anything we like?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lol marketing and coursework studies could take these threads and questions and fix enrolment for next year

rayy_bann

HSC
hi guys .. im confused as to where im meant to make that enrolment day thing??? macq called me last week and said my day was 14 february for my course. is that all or do i have to go do some booking .. and also, somehow i enrolled into last year cos the website is outdated in some places lol
Hey guys Macquarie did not call me..........

I'm pretty sure I decided this myself and got a confirmation email saying that I should attend on the 7th of feb. Is this right?.....Or is there something I'm missing. How come I wasn't called up? :L

Thanks.

Bloomster

HSC
N/A
Hi there, I'm a mature age student starting at Macquarie this year. I have a couple of questions re enrolment:

When checking out a certain subject and it says: This unit has a teaching structure of Lecture_1 and Lecture_2 and Lecture_3 - can you please clarify? Do I need to choose 3 lectures per week?
When choosing subjects for Session 2, I'm assuming I can choose a subject which has a pre-req of 12cp (as I will be doing 4 subjects in Session 1)?
Lastly, I am enrolled through the Jubilee Scheme in Session 1 in BA (Linguistics). I have been advised by the Human Sciences area that if I obtain a GPA of 2.5 in Session 1, I can then move into the course I ultimately want to do ie. Bachelor Speech & Hearing Sciences in Session 2. So my question is: on enrolment day, can I enrol in PSY104 and 105 in Session 2 (which is pre-empting that I will get my GPA of 2.5 and therefore qualify)? How does this work? What happens if I don't get the right GPA, can my subjects be altered?

1 further question which is not subject related, when can you buy the yearly carparking permit? Can this be organised when I go up for enrolment?

BTW, I've found this forum incredibly helpful.

Flying

HSC
Hey guys Macquarie did not call me..........

I'm pretty sure I decided this myself and got a confirmation email saying that I should attend on the 7th of feb. Is this right?.....Or is there something I'm missing. How come I wasn't called up? :L

Thanks.
Not to sure either. I wasn't called up as well. Go back to step 2 and you shall find a link in which you fill out some details then you choose your enrolment and orientation day.

I was called like 2 days after acceptance by some girl from MacQ asking me if I had any questions. ???

rayy_bann

HSC
Not to sure either. I wasn't called up as well. Go back to step 2 and you shall find a link in which you fill out some details then you choose your enrolment and orientation day.

I was called like 2 days after acceptance by some girl from MacQ asking me if I had any questions. ???
Should I be worried? I actually accepted my offer the day after the offers came out and I printed out all the acknowledgements of this. My tax file issues were sorted shortly after and acknowledged too.

I also done my enrolment dates and my orientation day dates (step 2). I even received emails informing me of these times. Now I just arranged my timetable and waiting for my enrolment day....

I don't know what to do. I didnt get ANY calls whatsover....only a mail saying I got offered by Macq and acknowledgement emails for my enrolment/orientation day...should I be worried?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I never got a call when i enrolled, i wouldn't worry about it. You've done everything you're supposed to do so far, if there's an issue it will manifest itself on the day you go in to enrol, in which case there would be plenty of people there to help resolve the problem.

HSC
Not sure if this is in the right place but has anyone done HRM222 and/or HRM201? Is it traditionally available on iLecture? And are there any assessments that are conducted during the lectures?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHJhmkbfhncs fuck you estudent you fucking worthless piece of junk, EVERY FUCKING TIME

Blizane

HSC
Man, I remember in my first couple of years I had no trouble getting in, but now... ugh.

Last edited:

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
im glad to know that im not the only one whose been waiting for almost an hour to access estudent. i hope all tutes aren't full yet.

EDIT: i got to the login page!!! but got runtime error... bummer.
EDIT: 1:54 now. i finally got in!

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
1.30am and still. I have to get up to go to work in four and a half hours. Sad face.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)