MQ Chatter Thread (4 Viewers)

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Although I can't seem to activate the master card thing on it because apparently my student ID is invalid. Not sure if I can be bothered chasing it up.

Flying

HSC
How do I know what is a good price for a second hand textbook?

Flying

HSC
Also, does anyone know if students are able to claim tax deductions on their textbooks? If so, would it be like a 10% money back thing?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Ugh, first day back and i already feel completely buggered...

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
It was nice to be back for like, the first 20 minutes of my first lecture, then we started discussing assessment... Do you only start on Thursday this week as there are no tutes? Or do you just have a really, really compressed timetable?

Salliea

HSC
It was nice to be back for like, the first 20 minutes of my first lecture, then we started discussing assessment... Do you only start on Thursday this week as there are no tutes? Or do you just have a really, really compressed timetable?
Can we start a timetable thread?? :awesome:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
A bit of both to be honest. I have a few tutorials on Monday. I have one of my law lectures solely via iLecture (as in there is no physical lecture) which suits me well for this semester I guess.

Flying

HSC
Are textbooks at the co op 'member' prices?

Also, is it worth getting stuff that with textbooks? (like ebooks, myeconlab and istudy)

Last edited:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
If you have a membership with the Co-op, then you get the discounted prices. There's a one off fee (~$20-$30) IIRC, but you'll make it back in savings.

Flying

HSC
If you have a membership with the Co-op, then you get the discounted prices. There's a one off fee (~$20-$30) IIRC, but you'll make it back in savings.
Is it worth getting stuff that with textbooks? (like ebooks, myeconlab and istudy)

Do I need to become a member online or at the place itself?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Depends on the unit. Ebooks I usually don't bother with, but I found myeconlab useful for ECON111. Usually your lecturer will let you know if you need the extras.

You should be able to buy a membership online and in store.

Flying

HSC
I'm so confused about textbooks. Do we need co op text, notes and online material?

Also, why would second hand books be sold for half the price? even if they are in good condition. Shouldn't everyone be trying to buy second hand books and save a fortune?

Do you guys buy new or second hand books?

Salliea

HSC
Do we need co op text, notes and online material?

Do you guys buy new or second hand books?
If online materials = Lecture notes found on iLearn, yea, I think its better to print them out :p

In the end I bought my books new. >__> So expensive....

Flying

HSC
If online materials = Lecture notes found on iLearn, yea, I think its better to print them out :p

In the end I bought my books new. >__> So expensive....
I meant stuff like Ebooks, MyEconLab that are usually included with a textbook.\

lol you bought your textbooks new? why!? second hand books are HALF the price.

Fisiks

HSC
I got so lucky today. I was looking at the fliers for 2nd hand books and saw a girl putting up a list of hers for sale. She had the 3 books i needed in perfect condition (one book has a little bit of highlighting in it) for $20-30 less than co op prices. Now i have my books for the semester :)

Fake-Name

HSC
I was just going to wait until I was on campus tomorrow and just ask at the co-op bookshop, but seeing as we're on the topic of textbooks:

Where do I buy reading resource books from? I'm looking for ENGL120 resource book, but I couldnt find it on the shelf at co-op. Do I buy it somewhere else?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
You get it from the course notes store, just down the stairs from where the coop bookstore is

Fake-Name

HSC
Awesome! Never knew what was down those stairs. I was too scared to investigate...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)