MQ Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
ECON111 was probably one of the easiest units in commerce out of the first year subjects. It has a lot of graphs, and I'd recommend that you attend or at least watch Prashan's lectures near the end of semester for "hints" (i.e what will be in the final exam etc). ECON111 isn't that mathematically based at all, and you'll need to do STAT150 eventually so it might as well get it over and done with.
Thanks.

If I'm looking to attempt to get a decent GPA for external transfer to say UTS or UNSW would you recommend STAT150 or ECON111? What did you do for first year?

I have a dilemma as it'll be risky placing easy 100s in the first year. If I was going to stay I would still want to leave a 100 level subject to go with my later harder 300s.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
ECON111 was probably one of the easiest units in commerce out of the first year subjects. It has a lot of graphs, and I'd recommend that you attend or at least watch Prashan's lectures near the end of semester for "hints" (i.e what will be in the final exam etc). ECON111 isn't that mathematically based at all, and you'll need to do STAT150 eventually so it might as well get it over and done with.
RIP, i've been avoiding stats and econ.

Still avoiding this semester... will be doing it next semester.

S1
- Marketing
- IBP
- Accounting Standards and Regulations
- Management Decisions and Control

S2
- FSA (Capstone)
- Accounting for Business Combinations
- Ethics
- Economics

S3
- Taxation Law
- Commercial Law

Then last sem i've got Audit, Stats, Insolvency and Banking Law.

THEN IM DONE

im still going to register into classes at MQ in case something goes wrong with my UTS enrolment...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
@mrstripedshades

Are you looking to transfer into UNSW? Also, why did you choose STAT150 over having two ECON subjects?

ps - our schooling marks/pathing have been so similar it's creeping me out

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
http://i.imgur.com/ARuisjB.jpg

This is my friend's timetable as a first year Med Sci student and she believes that she has done something wrong. I also think it looks like a bit much and a pretty bad schedule. Thoughts?
At first glance it's a bit much because it's spread out over 5 days, if she can do 4 days it'll be better.

I'll review it from Mon - Fri

Monday/Tuesday are fine. However I don't really like 2 hour breaks unless its lunch time and you need an extra our to study.
Same thing with Wednesday.
Thursday has a massive gap of time. Unless her commute is 20mins, I don't recommend it.

Friday is fine as well I think.

If she wants 5 days at uni, this is a decent timetable bar Wednesday. However I would try to leave at least 1 day break for studying during the week.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks.

If I'm looking to attempt to get a decent GPA for external transfer to say UTS or UNSW would you recommend STAT150 or ECON111? What did you do for first year?

I have a dilemma as it'll be risky placing easy 100s in the first year. If I was going to stay I would still want to leave a 100 level subject to go with my later harder 300s.
I had to do STAT170 as part of my handbook instead (professional accounting used to make us do STAT170). I'd probably do ECON111 if you want to maximise GPA/WAM for transfer purposes.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
So I actually looked into my timetable properly in preparation for enrolling tomorrow...

You'd think 300 level isys units being run by the same 2 people would be scheduled so that they don't clash.

But they do.

So here I come really, really terrible timetable!

Looks like I'll need a parking permit. I'm going to be finishing at 10pm and the last bus is at 9.45!

Well it's a good thing that you have access to a car + can drive!

I bet they are the half semester tutorials again too.

Can we take bets on how many times I actually use my permit? :lol:
I'm still upset that next semester I'll be finishing at 9pm due to a lecture but doesn't sound as bad as your situation :eek:

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
RIP, i've been avoiding stats and econ.

Still avoiding this semester... will be doing it next semester.

S1
- Marketing
- IBP
- Accounting Standards and Regulations
- Management Decisions and Control

S2
- FSA (Capstone)
- Accounting for Business Combinations
- Ethics
- Economics

S3
- Taxation Law
- Commercial Law

Then last sem i've got Audit, Stats, Insolvency and Banking Law.

THEN IM DONE

im still going to register into classes at MQ in case something goes wrong with my UTS enrolment...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Micro should be a WAM booster! And Stats isn''t that scary ;)

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
http://i.imgur.com/ARuisjB.jpg

This is my friend's timetable as a first year Med Sci student and she believes that she has done something wrong. I also think it looks like a bit much and a pretty bad schedule. Thoughts?
Science has pretty horrendous hours and some of the practicals may not be every week.
She should hopefully be able to move Psych104 practicals to another day.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Timetable is done.

Not super happy with it, but what can you do :(

Monday: 1-2pm lecture. Probably will just watch online

Tuesday: 6-10pm lecture and practical. Lecture is definitely one to attend for this unit. The only other practical time clashes with my Thursday lecture, which is dumb, because I'd say 80% of students taking this unit will be taking the other.

Wednesday: No classes!

Thursday: Lecture 10am-12pm. Will probably skip or do online as it's isys104 and I've done all the harder isys units :lol: Lecture at 5-7pm. Might do this one online, not sure about the lecture content yet. No practicals for the unit so I don't know yet...

Friday: 1-3pm, two one hour tutorials followed by a 4-6pm lecture. The lecture is the second half of the same one from Monday.

So realistically, I only have to attend campus 2 days a week. And one of those days is an evening :lol:

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
oh what

timetables have already been created?

how do you do the process? because it seems that eStudent doesn't allow me to said function like it normally does

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
oh what

timetables have already been created?

how do you do the process? because it seems that eStudent doesn't allow me to said function like it normally does
If your a new student, it depends on when you enrolled from memory.

Did you receive a main round offer? I believe you don't get your timetable until you attend your on campus enrolment day.

From memory last year those who received early offers could create their timetables sooner.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
If your a new student, it depends on when you enrolled from memory.

Did you receive a main round offer? I believe you don't get your timetable until you attend your on campus enrolment day.

From memory last year those who received early offers could create their timetables sooner.
well I am entering my 2nd year of uni (if that helps lol)

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Look on estudent

There should be a date on the top menu that says "classes from 8am Jan 27th" or similar.

Basically, the more units you've completed, the earlier you get to select classes.

That's why mine became available today, because I'm in my last semester. Everyone here has a different date.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
The unit guides for ECON111 and ECON110 have gone up, and it looks pretty tight if I have my current schedule.

I'm probably going to change it to 3 or 4 days, as I think this looks a bit troublesome. Opinions?

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)