MQ Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
How is everyone finding the first couple of weeks back? Are you units going okay?

pistachioman

HSC
N/A
How is everyone finding the first couple of weeks back? Are you units going okay?
DMTH137-->both the lecturers are terrible.
ISYS114--> BORING, but easier than my other units.
MATH136-->Great
COMP125-->Great

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Anyone that has done BUSL320 can comment on which textbooks other than the Legislation (which can be taken into exam) is needed? Also if there are major differences between 2018 and 2019 versions of the books

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone that has done BUSL320 can comment on which textbooks other than the Legislation (which can be taken into exam) is needed? Also if there are major differences between 2018 and 2019 versions of the books
Look if possible get all of them. Shouldn't be any major differences other than tax rate changes but the lecturer generally will tell you any specifics. Whose your lecturer this session?

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Look if possible get all of them. Shouldn't be any major differences other than tax rate changes but the lecturer generally will tell you any specifics. Whose your lecturer this session?
Hope Ashiabor, seems to be more of a traditional teaching style other than the backwards order of tutorial and lectures.
Can you express why you would need all of them?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Hope Ashiabor, seems to be more of a traditional teaching style other than the backwards order of tutorial and lectures.
Well you don't "need" all of them, it is just a lot easier to pass with them.

Actually, the case study book isn't really that necessary you can find all the cases online.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
In order of usefulness,

1. The workbook was helpful for answering homework, and doing the takehome assignment. Also was useful for studying at the end.

2. Legislation can take it into exam/do sticky notes/tabs

3. Textbook useful for the assignment, homework questions, and providing background on what actually happens. The lectures aren't really enough to have a proper understanding/passing the course.

4. Casebook not essential can be good for a summary but only if you have excess cash lying around ;)

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Also if you are a pre-penultimate student check out programmes run by accounting firms such as this:

"Have you applied for the KPMG foundations program yet? Designed for pre-penultimate year students, this 1-day development program is designed to provide you with an immersive learning experience. Apply now - https://bit.ly/2OAb9u9" Source: KPMG Australia

PwC also has roles avaliable:
"The early bird gets the worm! Applications are now open for new trainee, grad and vaccie roles. Apply now

I also have heard on the grapevine that KPMG still has spots for Graduate and Vacationer roles for 2019/2020.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Also if you are a pre-penultimate student check out programmes run by accounting firms such as this:

"Have you applied for the KPMG foundations program yet? Designed for pre-penultimate year students, this 1-day development program is designed to provide you with an immersive learning experience. Apply now - https://bit.ly/2OAb9u9" Source: KPMG Australia

PwC also has roles avaliable:
"The early bird gets the worm! Applications are now open for new trainee, grad and vaccie roles. Apply now

I also have heard on the grapevine that KPMG still has spots for Graduate and Vacationer roles for 2019/2020.
:eek: really I was accepted on a second round, surprising so many people drop KPMG.

Since I already have the program for the Summer it'd probably be unwise to apply for another one aye :p

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
"
Library Free Coffee on Friday!☕
To celebrate the birthday of our lovely MQ Library, the Library Café will be giving away free coffees!
Free Coffee Giving Time: Friday, 30th August 2019, 9-11am, 1-3pm, 4-6pm.
Grab your coffee at the Café on Friday and wish a Happy Birthday🎂 to MQ Library!
Also, plenty of activities await!"

Source: MQ Facebook

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
I just did a quiz and didn't get time to press either save and review, or submit. I was looking over my responses and time was up before I had the chance (though I selected answers for all questions). Does this mean nothing went through??

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I just did a quiz and didn't get time to press either save and review, or submit. I was looking over my responses and time was up before I had the chance (though I selected answers for all questions). Does this mean nothing went through??
It depends on the quiz, but for some quizzes if you didn't press submit then nothing will have gone through.

Which subject is it? Email your tutor ASAP and contact the unit code email.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
What are people's plans for the break?

How are everyone's exam timetable looking?

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
I have decided to drop a unit now from 4 to 3 (rather the financial penalty than the incoming fail tbh). I should be good in regards to it popping up on my transcript as a withdrawal correct? (not affecting my GPA)

Last edited:

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Should be
I have decided to drop a unit now from 4 to 3 (rather the financial penalty than the incoming fail tbh). I should be good in regards to it popping up on my transcript as a withdrawal correct? (not affecting my GPA)
Should be

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)