MQ Chatter Thread (4 Viewers)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the response.
I was hoping to do the degree then complete other certifications such as the CISSP later on. I haven't done SDD or IPT but what I've heard from students doing the degree is that you don't necessarily need this knowledge since they teach you early on. Regarding jobs I was looking at occupations such as an ethical hacker, risk analyst, data analyst etc. From what I know the field is still growing and new jobs are constantly being made.

Maybe also see if you can combine it with https://www.courses.mq.edu.au/2019/...elor-of-science-data-science/course-structure

Zippity_Zap

HSC
Ah, decent commute.

Any other Universities that you are considering?
I've got early offers for western syd (unconditional offers for a bachelor of applied finance and another for a bachelor of cyber security and behaviour) and UNSW (conditional offer for a bachelor of information systems) so I'm also considering those. Macquarie is still my no.1 goal rn though but that could change.

quickoats

HSC
I've got early offers for western syd (unconditional offers for a bachelor of applied finance and another for a bachelor of cyber security and behaviour) and UNSW (conditional offer for a bachelor of information systems) so I'm also considering those. Macquarie is still my no.1 goal rn though but that could change.
I've heard the MQ cybersecurity program is quite good since they've partnered up with Optus in their Cybersecurity Hub.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Think your best options are to take either UNSW or Macquarie.

shaffy33

HSC
Hi their I got an ATAR around 70, I am getting 13 Bonus points, 5 for Covid-19, % for living in the area, 3 for completing the Big History Online Course. I really want to do Law at MQ, I have received other early entry offers for other courses though. Should I keep Law as a preference in the UAC website or not?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
If I were in your position @shaffy33 I would accept one of your early offers, and keep Law as one of your preferences. Realistically the chances of you getting into Macquarie Law are not high and you are much more likely going to have to transfer in.

Pre-Law Pathway (assuming that Macquarie has told you that you are getting 13 bonus points) is an option that you could consider.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
How did everyone find studying at Uni with Covid-19 this year?

g_batth

HSC
Hi, I'm graduating high school in 2021 and I was wondering if anyone knew if there is any pathway to become a midwife (or a nursing degree) through Macquarie? I am set on going to Macquarie but don't think they offer any pathways. Please let me know if I'm wrong. Thank you :)

quickoats

HSC
There is no nursing degree at MQ. Since nursing is an 3 years undergrad degree you might as well go straight into it (eg at USyd, ACU, WSU, UTS, Notre Dame?) rather than doing a 3/4yr degree at MQ and then doing a 2 years master in nursing or 2ish year graduate entry bachelor of nursing

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
How did everyone find studying at Uni with Covid-19 this year?
First sem was really bad since I was really behind and online exams feel much harder due to the atmosphere, but second sem was great thanks to exams being in real life.

Glad lectures are all online + tutorials in real life for me this sem.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, I'm graduating high school in 2021 and I was wondering if anyone knew if there is any pathway to become a midwife (or a nursing degree) through Macquarie? I am set on going to Macquarie but don't think they offer any pathways. Please let me know if I'm wrong. Thank you :)
Not currently offered at Macquarie University, as far as I am aware you would be better of going to a different university if you are looking to pursue it.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
First sem was really bad since I was really behind and online exams feel much harder due to the atmosphere, but second sem was great thanks to exams being in real life.

Glad lectures are all online + tutorials in real life for me this sem.
Good to hear.

I agree that things are a lot easier if you do them in person.

Wish my current qualification I am studying was in person, hate studying in an "online" environment.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Hope everyone is settling into University this semester, and for all the new faces, welcome to Macquarie!

ShadowLighte

HSC
@BLIT2014! Hey, you're still around! And a moderator at that. Man, it's been ages since I've been here. How are you doing? Are you still at MQ or did you leave after grad? Seems most tertiary edu forums are a bit dead, so is your surveymonkey link :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)