MQ General chatter thread (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Re: 2009 First Year Macquarie Students.

asylum still hasnt provided any reasons for that very random-ish picture of a guy holding a bag of what seems to be popcorn...
popcorn -> he sits back and watches this thread roll for entertainment (should be that)
Spot on!

anyways i'm jeff, doing international communications, decided to do it instead of media, made the right decision imo, even though its been 7 weeks.
Haha, you do realise that an IntComm degree has like 3 extra subjects on top of a normal media degree, and that their 'scope' is hardly worth writing home about? Not that I want to put you off it, just wanted to make sure you were aware of that (I was thinking of turning my media degree into an IntComm too, then realised that, and was like...why bother?!)

I play goalie..it's the best position out.
I also play defence but the goal box is my home. I feel lost if I'm not there :p
I've always had respect for anyone who can put their body in front of the rockets that come from just out of the box. Personally I prefer to kick it at goalies :p

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

Doing an assessment at the moment and its making me angry. Want to kill perfect 100+ HD x seven billion ridiculously researched sample essay.

HSC

Lindfields like the biggest club here :p
They recruit like all these pros to play
I don't really like the way they run the club yet somehow I ended up here.

Haha fit...I wish..quite the opposite.
I play goalie..it's the best position out.
I also play defence but the goal box is my home. I feel lost if I'm not there :p

Nothing lol...just catching up on stuff I couldn't do during the semester (i.e getting a haircut lol v. important) other then that... \work and hopefully tackling some assignemnts and catching up with friends

what about you?
hey, late reply again lol..see wot i mean about being an irregular poster :p

nicee goalie lol. when i used to play, i played in the wing and sometimes defence. pretty tiring in the wing though, gotta keep running up and down. with defence, i can do minimal running and just wait for the ball to come to me :p. you can probably block some of my shots (lol)... havent played for a while, but i still know the techniques for kicking it high in the high air or power shots :p

um, these hols, i want to at least meet up with a couple of friends from skool, want to go to the city and do something fun there, work on assignments + study "when I feel like it" lol, and relaxing etc.

haircut cool lol. im gonna grow my hair a bit, just for the winter..lol.

g'nite, :wave:

HSC

Doing an assessment at the moment and its making me angry. Want to kill perfect 100+ HD x seven billion ridiculously researched sample essay.
lol assessments makes everyone angry, and in my case, procrastinate a lot :p

whats ur research essay about?..let me guess...the egyptian alphabet...or...mummies?

have u gotten a HD for any of the assessments u've handed in?

lol good luck with the HD, its pretty cool when you get one :p

HSC

heyz guyz, before i sleep..i just wanna mention...does anyone here watch Man Vs. Wild on discovery channel? (if u have foxtel lol).

farout i was watching one of the episodes a few days ago, i think it was one of the best episodes. the guy was in sum swamp in the u.s and he full wrestled with a baby alligator, it was like 5-6 meters. he full grabbed it from behind and stabbed the back of its head with his knife...i was like awesssomeee lol. he eventually ate it for dinner or something, and wiped its fat on his face to prevent the mosquitos from biting him lol.

yeah..pretty random lol..but w/e im sleepy.

byez. :p

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

lol assessments makes everyone angry, and in my case, procrastinate a lot :p

whats ur research essay about?..let me guess...the egyptian alphabet...or...mummies?

have u gotten a HD for any of the assessments u've handed in?

lol good luck with the HD, its pretty cool when you get one :p
no, im not really interested in Egyptian history, its on Roman politics, much much more interesting, though incredibly tedious.

Ive gotten a few in Greek, but thats it, i haven't handed in much anyway, everything is due in a couple of weeks for me.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC

Hmmm, doesn't look like theres many Macq first years on Bos.

well i finished HSC last year, and my major for now is marketing, but it might change in the future, also studying languages.

joined AIESEC, ECFS and the W.A.N.G Club.

usually at uni tuesday, thursday and friday, at uni bar friday arvo's.

=]

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC

oh nice soccer, i used to play too, wot club do u play for?

wow, you dont have much breaks lol...i have like quite a lot of breaks, but like most of my breaks are spent mostly hanging with school friends, going in the library, and sometimes exploring the lake area... oh and sometimes I go to macquarie centre to eat coz its cheaper there :p

ive never actually hanged around in the ubar area, its mostly like older students who go there, but I wanna vs some1 in pool there one time though lol.
i'm there with mates practically all the time, but b careful, theres this weird guy who lurks around and tries to join in on peoples games, think he's a serial killer.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

no, im not really interested in Egyptian history, its on Roman politics, much much more interesting, though incredibly tedious.

Ive gotten a few in Greek, but thats it, i haven't handed in much anyway, everything is due in a couple of weeks for me.
Go go Rome! Caecilius est in villa!

Kiim2507

HSC

hey, late reply again lol..see wot i mean about being an irregular poster :p

nicee goalie lol. when i used to play, i played in the wing and sometimes defence. pretty tiring in the wing though, gotta keep running up and down. with defence, i can do minimal running and just wait for the ball to come to me :p. you can probably block some of my shots (lol)... havent played for a while, but i still know the techniques for kicking it high in the high air or power shots :p

um, these hols, i want to at least meet up with a couple of friends from skool, want to go to the city and do something fun there, work on assignments + study "when I feel like it" lol, and relaxing etc.

haircut cool lol. im gonna grow my hair a bit, just for the winter..lol.

g'nite, :wave:
Lol don't worry i don't come on that much..only when I remember lol.
Argh I haven't done any uni work these holidays =[
I keep saying next week but I know when next week comes I'm not gonna do anything lol

Kiim2507

HSC

popcorn -> he sits back and watches this thread roll for entertainment (should be that)

anyways i'm jeff, doing international communications, decided to do it instead of media, made the right decision imo, even though its been 7 weeks.

2 weeks holidays is king.
Do you do ICOM101?
If so you're probs in my lecture lul

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A

can non students use the internets at macquaire library??

HSC

ah okay, cool. yeah roman history was pretty cool. i did ancient in the hsc last year and most of our modules was roman. i thought it was more interesting than studying the egyptian/greek modules, although we did sparta for the society and that was pretty awesome lol.

good luck with ur assignments :]

HSC

Lol don't worry i don't come on that much..only when I remember lol.
Argh I haven't done any uni work these holidays =[
I keep saying next week but I know when next week comes I'm not gonna do anything lol
lol i havent done much uni work as well..ive only like gone through sum lectures and collected library books for one my assignment...but thats it lol..

yeah, thats like me, im like, i should start doing sum uni work starting on monday..and i ended up not doing anything until like wednesday lol. but i met up with one of my friends from skool last friday which was pretty cool.

good luck with the uni work and enjoy the rest of your holidays :]

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC

true, but different sounds when the slides change everytime :O:O

she tries to be funny with that, but shes going too far hahahaha

HSC

hey, im just curious...do we get a final Grade / Mark for all of our units at the end of the semester....? or is that only available at the end of the year....?

thanks.

sdx91

HSC

lol jeff.
its ur wife ;)

anyway my name is suraj! and i do bachelor of e-business and majoring in multimedia! so i do mas104 and cul101 first semester.. cul is really boring though and i think anyone would agree lol. i do mas104 with jiey2k ;)

oh btw first years i have a group on facebook if you guys want to join! :)
we can catch up sometime and have a chat or talk at ubar.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=63252206993&ref=ts

you will probs find us at ubar most days! haha :D
oh btw i got mondays free.. and my busiest day is thurs and also got evening lectures for comp115 on thurs nights... really really shit.. but im with friends so its all good :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)