MQ General chatter thread (1 Viewer)

Roguey

HSC
Re: Semester 2 Timetable

Hectic timetable, hopefully some people drop out of Mixed class so I can swap some things around.
Mon: 9-7pm
Tue: 9-9pm
Wed: 9-10am
Thurs: 9- 6pm
Fri: 10-2pm

To those with days off, how many units are you doing?

xsavagex

HSC

I have 2 days off and i'm doing 4 subjects (all 3 cp). how many subjects are you doing?

ClubMac

HSC

Hectic timetable, hopefully some people drop out of Mixed class so I can swap some things around.
Mon: 9-7pm
Tue: 9-9pm
Wed: 9-10am
Thurs: 9- 6pm
Fri: 10-2pm

To those with days off, how many units are you doing?

Thats a terrible timetable...if ur doing 4 subjects thats a lot of hours unless u have insanely long breaks

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

MKTG303 Wed 11-2
MKTG304 Wed 4-7
BBA213 Thurs 6-9
MKTG205 Fri 11-3

Happy with my timetable. I'm going in tomorrow to get textbooks, a little sad I know, but I hate the long queues. It's my last semester, want to get a little head start.

williamc

HSC

Happy with my timetable. I'm going in tomorrow to get textbooks, a little sad I know, but I hate the long queues. It's my last semester, want to get a little head start.

cumon you by all people should know you don't actually need a textbook until week 2 at the earliest

Kiim2507

HSC

I probs won't get my textbooks for a couple of weeks incase we don't need them but I'll probs head to uni tomorrow to get course readers. At least I'll only have to wait in one annoyingly long line.

xsavagex

HSC

i still don't really get how course readers work. Does the unit outline tell you if you need one? I don't think i needed any last semester but i didnt really know

williamc

HSC

i still don't really get how course readers work. Does the unit outline tell you if you need one? I don't think i needed any last semester but i didnt really know

yes the unit outline will tell you if there are any prescribed texts for the unit.

Kiim2507

HSC

yes the unit outline will tell you if there are any prescribed texts for the unit.
yepp. you can also check the co op bookstore downstairs..they normally have a list of subjects and their readers.
I don't think Business/Marketing subjects really have readers..aren't they more textbook based?

Roguey

HSC

I'm doing 4 subjects (math136, elec166, isys114 and comp125).
I've tried a few times to switch things around to make my days shorter, but it doesn't make things much better.
Pwnage101, yeah there's 2 massive breaks where I think I might just go home or watch a movie.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A

Go at 8am to co-op and there wont be many people. Thats what ill do since i have 9am lectures and get there 8:30 anyways, might as well get there 30 mins earlier and not wait in a long line.

williamc

HSC

yepp. you can also check the co op bookstore downstairs..they normally have a list of subjects and their readers.
I don't think Business/Marketing subjects really have readers..aren't they more textbook based?

thats correct.

HSC
Re: 2009 First Year Macquarie Students.

Eh, not for the first time but yes im moving into an apartment with my little sister, its been hectic trying to fit all my shit, ive had to buy new furniture cuz the units pretty small so i have noooo money left :(

Yea, the units will probably be harder but im finally starting Greek history, which is my favorite kind, so it should be good. Howd you go in your exams?
hey

soz late reply once again,

um wow..moving out already, that's like pretty cool. although, you are moving into an apartment with your 'little' sister? so your little sister moved out before you? :confused:

eh, and how do you get the money to pay for food, bills, apartment rent etc..? unless you already have a cool job thats pays you heaps :spzz:

i went ok with my results, got pass for everything.

i wish i can move out of my parents house...but thats not until like 4 - 5 yrs :mad1:

HSC

I just work at KFC...classsy lol
hey

soz for late reply once again

hahha nice KFC, well at least you get free kentucky friend chickens.

all of my friends that once worked in KFC always got free chickens :haha:

how's your holidays going?

tinfoilhat

HSC

anyone know if there's a prescribed textbook or coursenotes for EUL101?

xsavagex

HSC

Ah i see thanks, thats why i haven't come across any yet!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

hey

soz late reply once again,

um wow..moving out already, that's like pretty cool. although, you are moving into an apartment with your 'little' sister? so your little sister moved out before you? :confused:

eh, and how do you get the money to pay for food, bills, apartment rent etc..? unless you already have a cool job thats pays you heaps :spzz:

i went ok with my results, got pass for everything.

i wish i can move out of my parents house...but thats not until like 4 - 5 yrs :mad1:

No, we're moving out together, and its a pretty cheap apartment so it shouldn't be too bad with us sharing costs. I kind of had to move out anyway, my room at my old house was quite literally falling to pieces =s
Grats on your results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)