Mr 100% coaching college (1 Viewer)

MetroMattums

HSC
Hey we're forgetting though, that most of the students in the coaching college are probably going to end up going to a selective school (such as James Ruse) and do the HSC. So we're forgetting that the people who don't go tutoring, who have high IQ's and are doing the IB. The key word is, "don't go tutoring". Those are the geniuses - not the Ruse students, but the people who don't need tutoring... the people such as the under-aged kids (year 9's etc) doing HSC Ext-2 Maths and still whooping ass (-_-). Oh yeah, most people like these, also tend to be good at music (piano), be asian and do a billion school activities.

So "geniuses" aren't the people with super good memory who go tutoring, as someone above said. But the people who don't go tutoring, do a billion activities and still out-perform the people who do tutoring and do barely any activities (as in those school + social work).
And are going to end up going to Harvard... ><

oasfree

HSC
N/A
OMG this is the coaching college I went to during Year 6!!!! I can't believe it's still operating after all these years lol. Back in my day, about 80% of the kids ended up at Ruse and about 10% ended up at other top 10 selective schools whilst the remaining 10% end up like me in a crappy/lower ranked selective school :p

The environment in my day was extremely competitive and the calibre of the questions were much harder than those in the actual selective schools entrance test. Oh and he gave sugary rewards to the top 5 (I think) in the class after a test. I sort of have him to thank for making Year 7 maths at high school seem very easy. I wonder how old he is now....lol
Selective school tests have become progressively harder over the years. I know that kids from Chinese backgrounds are generally forced by their parents to study very hard. Many also have to do piano as well. The best kids would do well just by having difficult materials thrown at them. Kids would benefit simply by being in a competitive environment, get a sense of purpose and kudos for achievement and being recognised by peers and adults. The drip feed of good materials with good timing is another success factor. Good teachers need to have a great sense of what these kids need to succeed. The actual teaching of materials from grade 3 - 7 is actually easy for any smart person with a HS education.

But it does not mean any teach can teach primary school kids well. They need insight into what the kids need to achieve. Not many people actually have this insight. Mr 100% would not do well with Caucasian kids. Each culture is different.

jlin135607

HSC
N/A
Hey we're forgetting though, that most of the students in the coaching college are probably going to end up going to a selective school (such as James Ruse) and do the HSC. So we're forgetting that the people who don't go tutoring, who have high IQ's and are doing the IB. The key word is, "don't go tutoring". Those are the geniuses - not the Ruse students, but the people who don't need tutoring... the people such as the under-aged kids (year 9's etc) doing HSC Ext-2 Maths and still whooping ass (-_-). Oh yeah, most people like these, also tend to be good at music (piano), be asian and do a billion school activities.

So "geniuses" aren't the people with super good memory who go tutoring, as someone above said. But the people who don't go tutoring, do a billion activities and still out-perform the people who do tutoring and do barely any activities (as in those school + social work).
You can't become smart from tutoring. You have to already have a high IQ and a thirst for knowledge to perform well enough to get into schools like James Ruse. A lot of the kids that go to Mr Ye have so much other stuff on (for example, I do althletics three days a week, I play 2 instruments and I was in an OC class which meant lots of homework and assignments). The kids that outperform those that go to coaching do have to work hard too, using textbooks as guides. Ultimately, Mr Ye just strengthens our knowledge, how fast we finish tests, our exam technique and our competitiveness. Mr Ye gives out candy to the top 3 at the end of every class. Although this ranking system isn't fair, it pushes us to do better next time.

And Mr Ye doesn't earn that much. He has between 70 and 120 students per year group going to his college. He does an entrance test and you have to score above a certain mark to go to his coaching schools. His fees are quite reasonable, compared to that of other colleges, and the only discount he offers is an early bird discount.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I went to him in Year 7-10.

He doesn't earn that much imo.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
But funnily enough everyone leaves in Year 10 haha. It was good back then, now that I think about it, his teaching wasn't really detailed enough.

Talz123

HSC
N/A
Hi can you plz give me Mr Ye contact no and address plz. I am not abke to find it on internet. And from which class he start taking tuition . Thanks heaps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)