Mr. Gu (Maths Tutoring) (1 Viewer)

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
Anyone heard of Mr. Gu at Strathfield (not to be mistaken for Dr. Du)?

Does he go into detail when teaching maths?

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
You can try Truong's at Cabra. I heard he's pretty intense.

tehrobzorz

HSC
yeah i go to mr. gu..

hes good! do your homework and focus on the math...not his...accent. =D

its $50 for 2 hours for seniors

yy-d

HSC
I don't know how he is in senior years. but i remember going there in yr9 for like two weeks. I didn't like it. he just taught out of the yr10 signpost book.
i dont even remember being taught anything...because i was new I can't be part of the actual class yet so I had to do exercises in another room.
:confused:
just my input. it seemed kinda dodgy to me.

You can try Truong's at Cabra. I heard he's pretty intense.
don't you have to bow or something when he enters the room?
not sure...

Johanist

HSC
haha btw i go gu also yeah if you go to gu you gotta be self disciplined to maximize the experience i.e do all the homework and if you want review the methods/formula/concepts, his more about concepts and methods so if your having trouble with concepts his pretty good, even with his level of engrish he can explain it in laymans terms like suggesting that whenever there is a point you gotta use substitution and whenever you got a piece of a problem that fits leave it and change the others etc etc

tl:dr i go to gu his good... if you want to learn

EDIT: forgot to add that the inital lessons will be a turn off due to the fact you will be way behind the rest of the class but don't worry if u got the guts to ask him questions then do so and he will set additional hw and provide questions for the problems you are having at school

Last edited:

Pika Luv

HSC
lol... sounds like hes good, my mum's forcing me to go after my abysmal maths test.

xD-mimi-Dx

HSC
Just wondering, how did everyone here go for 4 unit?? Just want extra reassurance :) Yeah, place quite dodgy but he seems really smart :O

Is he the type of teacher that takes down notes?? Or just exercises?? I'm starting next week =D

juniormaths

HSC
N/A
+1, this.

Don't bother if you're an entitled, disrespectful jerk though.
+1 even mr mai pretty intense about respect, he tells me story of mr truong and how he made him have so much respect

also alot of mr mai students are x-mr guan students

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)