SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
funnybunny said:
sasha, it's much easier for me to use " " ... i dont care if it's harder for u
how is it easier.?

with my method all u do is;
you look for the message you wanna reply to , and click on the "quote" button thats on the bottom right of that message, then all u do is start typing.

davin

HSC
N/A
when you bring in evolution, also realise that SCIENTISTS don't say its 100% accurate and explains everything. It, like the big bang and gravity, are all theories that are considered to be the best we've got atm and better than any other theories. Religion tends to work in absolutes

HotShot

-_-
HSC
davin said:
when you bring in evolution, also realise that SCIENTISTS don't say its 100% accurate and explains everything. It, like the big bang and gravity, are all theories that are considered to be the best we've got atm and better than any other theories. Religion tends to work in absolutes
and ur point?

science cannot be absolute, its based on our perspectives. Like einstein suggesting the only constant in this world is light, and that time can be bent? - thats nuts.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
It's not nuts as far as I can see with my uber no knowledge of quantum. Anyway science is not based on anyones perspective.
oh yeah, nothing got to do with quantum really, just relativity. although only a theory/

science has always been perspective, in the sense it has been driven towards certain aspects of life, smaller, faster etc. Rather then necessities. Like ipods, cameras etc. This time spent on these products could have been researched into cure for cancer, in this sense it is perspective.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
science has always been perspective, in the sense it has been driven towards certain aspects of life, smaller, faster etc. Rather then necessities. Like ipods, cameras etc. This time spent on these products could have been researched into cure for cancer, in this sense it is perspective.
Um I still don't see how 'it is perspective'..

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Um I still don't see how 'it is perspective'..
like instead wasting researching better tvs, this time could time, energy money could have been used to reasearch a cure for cancer? wats more important?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Oh ok, but that has nothing to do with science really... science doesn't have a perspective, the person with the money that's going to pay people to undertake science has a perspective.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Guys, there's no need for this discussion to span two threads.

Generator

HSC
N/A
... and he is just responding to your counter claims. As I said, try and keep it to the one thread.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Generator said:
... and he is just responding to your counter claims. As I said, try and keep it to the one thread.
does it really make any diff? i know ur bored and wanna lock some more threads. (dont worry i will create some threads for u to lock :) )

Generator

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Should I just ignore someone when they start talking in two threads about the same thing and only respond to them in one?
If you are countering the 'argument' in one thread, I really don't see why you must try and address it within another thread at the same time. So yes, try and ignore comments within a second thread if it's going to lead to unnecessary duplication. If you cannot ignore the comments, then I suggest that you direct the other member to the relevant thread.

Generator

HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
does it really make any diff? i know ur bored and wanna lock some more threads. (dont worry i will create some threads for u to lock :) )
Don't push your luck.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
The cure for cancer is taking so long because it is dealing with manipulating life whereas techonology is improved through the use of stable materials that can constantly be improved as that material is easier to manipulate. Cancer is cells not functioning the way they are suppose to and cells can change all the time. Cancers all affect people in different ways so to find a cure for cancer is exponentially harder than creating an iPod.

Science does not state that it is perfect whereas religion does. THIS is why people have a problem with it because it claims that God is perfect when there are alot of contradictions arising from his so called teachings. One religion gets over the fact that it thinks it is better than everyone else, then maybe people wouldn't be so hateful of it.

davin

HSC
N/A
Science does not state that it is perfect whereas religion does. THIS is why people have a problem with it because it claims that God is perfect when there are alot of contradictions arising from his so called teachings. One religion gets over the fact that it thinks it is better than everyone else, then maybe people wouldn't be so hateful of it.
yeah thats more along what my original point regarding theory was....religion claims to say what is right, science presents the best possible theory that explains observations.....but yeah, tangental

so i'm now wearing a pin of the danish flag around as sign of support for the danish gov't, which i view as being targetted becasue it allows free speech

K

katie_tully

A Pakistani Muslim cleric has pffered 1.36 mill to anyone who kills the Danish cartoonists.
"If the West can place a bounty on the head of Osama bin Laden, we can also announce rewards for the killing of the man who has caused this sacrilege".

I've said it before, but I thought I might reiterate my point. Muslims are insane.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)