Multiple Choice Answers (1 Viewer)

Mellonie

HSC
13 isnt c,,,, common law isnot able to adapt easily thats statue law..

ameradrian

HSC
Mellonie: 13 isnt c,,,, common law isnot able to adapt easily thats statue law..
------------------------------

Common law changes with society, so can statue. Common law changes with society because judges/mag take into consideration current social climate when making decisions, and therefore a precedent.

Personally I put B, but it appears there is more agreement with C.

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
no, i meant i thought that torts were only private.

Edit: for 13 i put C

ameradrian

HSC
Judges have the ability to make laws.

With regards to 13, common law is changed, in a sense, when a more recent common law precedent is made that contradicts the older one. Thus common law can change it self.

koukla

executive member... SMRT
HSC
Mellonie said:
13 isnt c,,,, common law isnot able to adapt easily thats statue law..
well if its not that, what else could it be?? thats the only reasonable answer

Mellonie

HSC
ameradrian said:
Mellonie: 13 isnt c,,,, common law isnot able to adapt easily thats statue law..
------------------------------

Common law changes with society, so can statue. Common law changes with society because judges/mag take into consideration current social climate when making decisions, and therefore a precedent.

Personally I put B, but it appears there is more agreement with C.

yep thanx.. i was just clearing it up.. cuz everyone put c for that

aliasfan

HSC
no because the jury decides the guilt or not guilty of the offender... you are guilty or not guilty, not innocent

koukla

executive member... SMRT
HSC
Mellonie said:
How about D
hmmm do u study legal at all? a jury is used in criminal proceding to determen innocence or guilt, have u never seen a case study that is civil? e.g. donoghue vs stevenson

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
jury doesn't have to be present in cases.

cimbom

HSC
... I put B for 14. Denying him his economic rights, right?

Like isn't C, legal, too general? They say ANOTHER country, country X, you don't know whether or not the right to be a member of a trade union is enforceable by law wherever 'chris' is.

Definitely not A, don't think it was D either.

Mellonie

HSC
koukla said:
hmmm do u study legal at all? a jury is used in criminal proceding to determen innocence or guilt, have u never seen a case study that is civil? e.g. donoghue vs stevenson

ohhh yeaq, sorry read judge.. well maybe a? but i'm just saying it cant be c cuz common law cant adapt to change easily... N no need to be furious, if i didnt study legal do u think i would be on this forum discussing

Mz_mE

Hoxton Park, Sydney (under a rock with the turtles
HSC
Q2 says which of the following is NOT a widely recognised element of human rights.. does that mean which is completely not an element of human rights.. for example b.. culturally specific.. or does it mean which is not widely known that it is actually an element?all the questions become tricky after u read them a few times..

Mellonie

HSC
gorgo31 said:
I was told by a Legal Senior Marker at my school that 14 was (B) and 15 (D). But she hadn't had the paper that long. Still, torts are definitely, and as the question states, commonly, both public and private; my textbook says it too.

isnt tort privvate law? thats what my notes say :s

gorgo31

HSC
Tort can be private, but at the same time public. Example I was told by Senior Marker was Industrial Manslaughter, which is a criminal tort of negligence.

Mellonie

HSC
gorgo31 said:
Tort can be private, but at the same time public. Example I was told by Senior Marker was Industrial Manslaughter, which is a criminal tort of negligence.

ohh yerr... i guess so yea? but then also international law could also fit.. cuz isnt it applied in decisions through out our system.. like no one can be treated inhumanely in criminal system...

i dont know just thinkin about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)