11.B
12.D
13.C
14B
15.D

I only got the last one wrong but hey no one actually knew the answer

Smartie87

HSC
could sum 1 please explain to me why 4 isnt d?? and is everyone 100% sure that 12 isnt c???

rosepetal25

HSC
N/A
Smartie87 said:
could sum 1 please explain to me why 4 isnt d?? and is everyone 100% sure that 12 isnt c???
because for question 4 the question said RECOGNISES and PROTECTS thus this embodies the notion of application so if a decision is made by the high court the treaty is being applied

Smartie87

HSC
ohh okay thank you :)

im still stickin with legal for ques 14, because it could mean 2 things depending on how u read it.... maybe his initial appeal was rejected as in he was not able to attend court... meh

Pro Gamer

HSC
We will never know what we actually got for this right? As in we won't get it back, we'll have to find out ourselves?

Smartie87

HSC
next year they release the answers... so if u can remember wat u got u will know. id love to find out all the individual sections though

kouklitsa

iranian rocket said:
the answer to question 15 is (d) tort law , not international law.

Most civil law is also private law, but civil laws include aspects of public law such as adminstative law. Civil law generally refers to all laws which are not criminal law.

Thus it can clearly be seen that the answer is D tort law
OK so youve just said its NOT international? then how is it that there are 2 sectors of international law: public and private?? i have a sheet that says it straight out "international law can be divided into: 1) Public international law and 2) private international law" i know what you mean about torts but it isnt generally considered public is it?

Owyn

HSC
q15) a and d are by definition in all textbooks only common to one area, the cases which show otherwise are irrelevant, thats why the question asks for common to both areas. International law is law between soverign states, and is not commonly assosiated with individuals within those states, even thoe it indirectly affects them, in the same way criminal law affects individuals. Indigenous customary law however is an entire legal system, with both public and private laws, in the same way the common law system has public and private laws.

q14) The country isnt names so we cant know if a legal right is being abbused, only human rights spread to all countries, which would be the remaining 3. By definition its not a, leaving economic and political. Refusal for appeal may be reason to believe a political right is being abused, thats why the questions states he was given an appeal, but it failed. Therefore its economic.

Hope that helps with q14 and 15, did anyone else have 9 as a?

Smartie87

HSC
man you are smart! i could never have eliminated like that.... i put indig/custom for 15... so how sure r u that its right??

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
stupid multiple choice.

after reading 7 pages of discrepancies regarding question 12 and 15, you would think that someone would have already pointed out how ridiculous the multiple choice questions included in this paper are (much like the crime questions... but thats another whinge altogether).

Isn't the general idea of multiple choice to have ONE "most correct" answer.
not a range of possibilities that frustrated over-achieving students much like ourselves can debate over on an internet forum, as there is obviously MORE than ONE correct answer, based on arguments along the lines of:
"but my teacher who teaches as spiffy school x says it was d" and "my vast array of textbooks says so to"
only to be rebuffed by arguments just as egotistical and yet so valid, such as
"well this internet site says this and its super-duper smart just like my teacher who is a senior marker who says its actually a" and "my school of spiffyness y is just so much more intellectual than your totally plebian excuse for an educational institution, spiffy school x."

my point is therefore, that not only will your hsc and status as a human being NOT be ruined due to not attaining 15/15 for legal studies multiple choice, but also that the questions are silly, and again i think someone in the crime thread had an idea about indulging in some ilLEGAL activities and focussing in particular on the Board of Studies. wow, venting our finishedness with legal studies AND demonstrating our knowledge through unlawful means. fun for the whole family!

oh. and in keeping with the aims of this thread, i think i got 14/15 or 15/15, dependent on 15.

peace :)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Question 15 asks you to choose the area of law which is "commonly classified" as both public and private law.

The answer is definitely (C) international law.

Even if you (wrongly) believe that tort can be a form of public law, international law is still the better answer.

rosepetal25

HSC
N/A
Lazarus said:
Question 15 asks you to choose the area of law which is "commonly classified" as both public and private law.

The answer is definitely (C) international law.

Even if you (wrongly) believe that tort can be a form of public law, international law is still the better answer.
yay thank u lazarus! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)