Multiple Choice Help Plzz (1 Viewer)

mermer

HSC
i went and did all the past hsc mulitple choice questions, but i have a few which dont make sense to me...

2002 HSC:

QUESTION 9: anita's neighbour grows rose for sale. anitas dog escapes and digs up the neighbous roses. the neighbour commences legal proceedings against anita. under which type of law would the neighbours proceed?

my answer: property law
correct answer: tort law

2004 HSC:

Question 11: which of the follwoing situations best illustrates the recognition and enforcement of human rights by the australian legal system?

my answer: when aust parliment passes a law making discrimination illegal
correct answer: when court declares protest action by animal activists is legal

Qestion 14: which of the following is a characteristic of aboriginal and torres streight ilander customary law recognised by the australian legal system?

correct answer: ownership of land

i thought that ABTSI did not believe in ownership of land?

2006 HSC:

Question 13: daniel, an american citizen who is on holiday in sydney is refsed entry into a store because of his skin colour. as a reult, he decided to take legal action. which of the folwoing is best able to enforce daniels human right?

my answer: the anti-discrimination board (NSW)
correct answer: the australian courts

i was torn between these two answers because both seemed right

well, anyway, it would be great if someone could explain y the correct answer is..correct lol

thanyouu: D

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
mermer said:
Qestion 14: which of the following is a characteristic of aboriginal and torres streight ilander customary law recognised by the australian legal system?

correct answer: ownership of land

i thought that ABTSI did not believe in ownership of land?
I think this question has been worded in an odd way, it is asking what the Australian legal system has acknowledged in terms of ATSICL, therfore due to things like native title, wik decision, it is ownership of land- i think

mugzy07

HSC
mermer said:
2002 HSC:

QUESTION 9: anita's neighbour grows rose for sale. anitas dog escapes and digs up the neighbous roses. the neighbour commences legal proceedings against anita. under which type of law would the neighbours proceed?

my answer: property law
correct answer: tort law

this is tort law because damages have occured to another individual. although it was the dog, the dog is the responsibility of the owner. its a tricky one, im pretty sure property law is more about property agreements etc and not so much about damages ON property. but again, very tricky.

2004 HSC:

Question 11: which of the follwoing situations best illustrates the recognition and enforcement of human rights by the australian legal system?

my answer: when aust parliment passes a law making discrimination illegal
correct answer: when court declares protest action by animal activists is legal

the key word here is recognition and ENFORCEMENT, your answer is correct for the recognition part, however the correct answer demonstrates that the law has been recognised, incorporated and enforced.

hope i helped. =)

mermer

HSC
thankx so much for taking the time to help :D

i agree these questions were pretty tricky, i guess i gotta look more carefully at the wording and what it wants

lewis99

HSC
2006 HSC:

Question 13:
daniel, an american citizen who is on holiday in sydney is refsed entry into a store because of his skin colour. as a reult, he decided to take legal action. which of the folwoing is best able to enforce daniels human right?

my answer: the anti-discrimination board (NSW)
correct answer: the australian courts

i was torn between these two answers because both seemed right

The Australian courts is the best answer because the anit-discrimination board will probably only review the case and make a recommendation, whereas the courts will make a judgement and if applicable award damages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)