Multiple choice section (1 Viewer)

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Yenta, Photo 2 had the smallest scale.

Out teacher shouted us some coffee after the exam :D and we went through the MC questions at the cafe.

Benno

HSC
Originally posted by Girly
Well i had exactly the same as Benno.. Lets hope were right but prob not.. i got bout 13 right i think..

yeah i hope we are right aswell :D

by the looks of things i got 13 :S

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Originally posted by scut
Yenta, Photo 2 had the smallest scale.

Out teacher shouted us some coffee after the exam :D and we went through the MC questions at the cafe.
lucky!! Our teacher had buggered off home before we finished the exam...only time we saw him was when he came up to us b4 the exam for about 5 mins to say good luck...:(

Girly

Or teacher couldnt be found all the day of the exam even tho she was somewhere at school when we needed help...and never came to wish us luck or anything! Yeah thats a dedicated teacher!

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
lol thats even worse...thats slack, not even turning up to wish u luck, teachers like that don't deserve a payrise :p

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
well i dont know what to say about my teacher, all 2 years he taught us because he must, he was not even interested in our geo class, but on the exam he came and wished good luck to us. at least one nice thing in 2 years he did.

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
We had a fairly disrupted year, our previous Geo teacher left at the end of term 1 2003, so we got a new guy. And he turned out to be really good, so that was a positive. And since we only have a class of 5, he knows all of us fairly well, and he was kind enough to shout us coffee and a snack after the exam...

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
can anyone give evidence why photo 2 has the smallest scale, i'm so confused i think it is the building with graffiti on it.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Actually I think it is photo 3, because it literally has the smaller scale, e.g. photo 3's scale might be 1:1000, photo 2's might be 1:5000. Therefore SMALLER SCALE = 1:1000 = photo 3

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Okay I'll try clear the issue of small scale/large scale...
My Geography Skills Textbook quotes this:
"Small-scale maps show a large area of land but with less detail to the features found in the area. Examples of small-scale maps are maps of a country or state."

Or as 123 said in previous posts:
Originally posted by 123
Larger Detail - Larger Scale.
Small Detail - Small scale
If you guys have the 2001 HSC Geo Exam, look at Multiple choice question 10, the official answers from the BOS say the correct answer is 10) D

mystery

think about it...small scale = small detail. the photo with the grafiti had HEAPS of detail...therefore was a large scale (large detail)...and if i remember correctly they asked for the smallest scale....which is therfore picture two where you couldnt see any detail at all.

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i think it is like this "small scale small details can be seen" you can see small details on photo with graffiti, but not on photo with landscape" i feel so stupid i applied for lanscape course in uni and dont know thats small and large scale

Last edited:

mystery

Piccaninny...dont feel stupid! Its only one small thing that you got mixed up...and yes it is confusing. i only just figured it out before the exam. Im sure you'll go fine at landscaping.
Small detail means not much detail at all. as in you cant see anything. Hope youve got it all worked out now! :)
Goodluck with your uni course, im sure youll be tops!

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Thanks Mystery!!!!!

i have asked my teacher today, you were right Mystery large scale, large details can be seen such as photo with graffiti so photo 2 or landscape has the smallest scale

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
meh...who cares...geog is gooooooone but I'm going with photo 3 as having the smaller scale even though I put photo 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)