Multiple choice (1 Viewer)

boxhunter91

HSC
Multipe choice has screwed me. 10/15 with what u guys are saying.

sunsettah

HSC
1. C

2. B .. guess

3. B .. easy

4. Took me ages, but I think I picked B

5. I picked... D I think, cos I wasn't sure about C.

6. C ... guess

7. I think I picked A (guess)

8. B ..easy

9. I picked C, but now I'm thinking D...

10. B ..guess

11. D

12. C ..easy

13. B... but now I'm thinking maybe C...

14. A.. epic fail.. i think it's D, right?

15. I think I picked C, coz I had a blank moment and couldn't think straight. If i was all there, I would have picked D.

So 10/15 I'm guessing

Last edited:

Liyo

HSC
When do they post up the examination paper and marking guidelines? XD

boxhunter91

HSC
Seriously M.C was harder then the whole paper.
Wonder what they going to throw in Physics and Chem with M.C like that..

lolrofllol

HSC
i agree that its C

because they don't know what type of disease it is therefore they cant vaccinate the healthy animals and yes its quarantine
Hmm does anyone else think this?

It doesn't explicitly state they do not know what kind of disease it is and I can't see anything implicit suggesting that they do not either...

If you were to go by most correct i still think it's A, isolation + vaccine > quarantine

sam5

HSC
Hmm does anyone else think this?

It doesn't explicitly state they do not know what kind of disease it is and I can't see anything implicit suggesting that they do not either...

If you were to go by most correct i still think it's A, isolation + vaccine > quarantine
yep.

If i said i put 4.a, 1.a and 11.d, would i be right in saying that i got 14/15 ?

Boxhunter: dw too much. I just did a pe exam today and got 20/20 for its mc. Shouldnt be to hard.

lolrofllol

HSC
yep.

If i said i put 4.a, 1.a and 11.d, would i be right in saying that i got 14/15 ?

Boxhunter: dw too much. I just did a pe exam today and got 20/20 for its mc. Shouldnt be to hard.
most people put D for 11 too, but I spent a while thinking about it in the exam and am fairly confident it is B... many will disagree but cannot support their claim further than "ye they open at midnight and not in the day because of heat duh," PM me if you want my full reasoning for it.

Oh and 1 is C.

EA Barnett

HSC
But from my understanding - I am questioning how vaccination prevents the disease from spreading? It improves the immune response of the individual, but it doesn't stop the disease spreading.
Vaccination definitely helps to stop the spread of a disease. It is a proven fact that if enough of the population is vaccinated (80% I think) then a disease won't be able to spread. This is why the government encourages immunisation so much. Sure it helps with an individual's ability to avoid the disease, and if there are enough individuals that can't get there disease then there is no medium for it to spread. So I put A.

sam5

HSC
most people put D for 11 too, but I spent a while thinking about it in the exam and am fairly confident it is B... many will disagree but cannot support their claim further than "ye they open at midnight and not in the day because of heat duh," PM me if you want my full reasoning for it.

Oh and 1 is C.
yeah i got 14 cos i got q 1 wrong.

I think 11 is D. Just remember, you say that plants close the stomates at night cos theres no need for CO2 (no photosynthesis) but remember that plants need oxygen as well, and might leave the stomates open for standard respiration. They might as well, cos transpiration rates will be minimal.

sam5

HSC
Vaccination definitely helps to stop the spread of a disease. It is a proven fact that if enough of the population is vaccinated (80% I think) then a disease won't be able to spread. This is why the government encourages immunisation so much. Sure it helps with an individual's ability to avoid the disease, and if there are enough individuals that can't get there disease then there is no medium for it to spread. So I put A.
well said :uhhuh:

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
Q9 isnt D. Muscles produce CO2 as they need to do cellular respiration and the biproduct is co2. It's either B or C.

Q14 is Punctuated Equilibrium, if it was divergent evolution it would show GRADUAL changes between generations, Instead over 10-12th generations there was a large change, with no previous changes, indicating a RAPID change in the species.

lolrofllol

HSC
yeah i got 14 cos i got q 1 wrong.

I think 11 is D. Just remember, you say that plants close the stomates at night cos theres no need for CO2 (no photosynthesis) but remember that plants need oxygen as well, and might leave the stomates open for standard respiration. They might as well, cos transpiration rates will be minimal.
1. Plants also lose water at night and respiration does not need all night to occur
2. In B, the stomates are open for half the night and half the morning. This facilitates BOTH respiration and photosynthesis
3. In D, the stomates are less than HALF open for the WHOLE day. Carbon dioxide is not a very abundant gas and this can not be enough for photosynthesis

HSC
9 is A for shizzle,

The trick to this question. Which fooled many people and the bio teacher said was very unfair was that.

Oxygen does not bind STRONGLY to haemoglobin...

HSC
THEY DO NOT KNOW WHT DISEASE IT IS! It is C - quarantine

HSC
i got the exact answers as this.
9 cannot be B as carbon dioxide is carried in blood as bicarbonate ions in plasma, not attached to haemoglobin
Some is carbaminohaemoglobin...but small percentage. It was A. Oxygen does not bing STRONGLY to haemoglobin. The oxygen does not bind STRONGLY to the Iron containing HAEM groups on the alpha and beta chains...it does not bind strongly so the bonds can easily be broken when pH drops a tiny bit (which means carbonic acid = carbondioxide)

HSC
Yer...haha I read it as if...they have identified that the animals are diseased...

Hmmmm terrible wording...surely you see where Im coming from haha.

HSC
Plus it doesnt say that the particular diesase has been identified. Just "a disease has been identified"....stupid bio...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)