Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Ahh shit I put 15c...

Alright, 18/20 is still OK I guess

K

khorne

No, there's 5. I'm not sure about 15, I put B as well. Could someone explain this?
Look at the titration curves for weak acid/strong base. It sets up a buffer system. The thing to consider is, how do you calculate molarity if you do not know how much has reacted? So tboth monoprotic weak and strong ionise fully in a titration, as OH ions are added to shift the equilibirum for the weak one.

lolcakes52

HSC
15 is a, the volume is determined by the number of moles, which is determined by the number of protons in the acid. Since they are the same the volume is also the same.

jamesfirst

HSC
Dude...m8...cool your jets

You have the following:

Cl and Br on the same C at the end and at the start is the same, so thats one. Then on the middle, that makes total of 2. You have Cl on end, br on other end which is another 1 (doesn't matter which side) so thats 3. Then you have Br in middle, cl on one end and Br on one end, cl in middle, that makes 2 more, so 5. It's 5. The rest are repetitions.

15 is not B because weak acids ionise fully in titrations with strong ones.

wtffffffffffffffff I HAVE 6 LOOOOOOOOOOOL WTF IS GOING ON.

I'll draw it and post it see if it's right.

CalumGemmell

HSC
Look at the titration curves for weak acid/strong base. It sets up a buffer system. The thing to consider is, how do you calculate molarity if you do not know how much has reacted? So tboth monoprotic weak and strong ionise fully in a titration, as OH ions are added to shift the equilibirum for the weak one.
Dammit, oh well, thanks anyway.

HSC
N/A
So I got a message from Riproot and this is what his teacher thinks the answers are. Not what he got but what his teacher thinks:

1. A
2. D
3. C
4. D
5. B
6. A
7. B
8. C
9. D "the covalent bond constantly changes place so it isn't always polar or something like that"
10. C
11. D
12. C or D (not sure because the term "electrochemical activity" is on the syllabus)
13. C
14. C (Draw ALL of them)
15. A (They're both monoprotic acids so they react in a 1:1 ratio)
16. B
17. D
18. A? (factor of 5 in working)
19. B
20. B

Last edited:
K

khorne

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

probably wrong but still please have a look.
ummm you do realise your branched ones are the same as straight chained ones? Just because it has a branch doesn't make it different

you take the longest carbon chain when naming. In all of those, it's 3.

jamesfirst

HSC
ummm you do realise your branched ones are the same as straight chained ones? Just because it has a branch doesn't make it different
fk........................

okay

what about 9 ???? Isn't it because it's polar ?

jamesfirst

HSC
in clockwise starting from top left.
2 is identical to 4( or your picture is wrong), 1 is identical to 5, 2 is identical 6
probably wrong but still please have a look.
Nah, I got it wrong :(... oh well..

HSC
N/A
Fixed.

So I got a message from Riproot and this is what his teacher thinks the answers are. Not what he got but what his teacher thinks:

1. A
2. D
3. C
4. D
5. B
6. A
7. B
8. C
9. D "the covalent bond constantly changes place so it isn't always polar or something like that"
10. C
11. D
12. C or D (not sure because the term "electrochemical activity" is on the syllabus)
13. C
14. C (Draw ALL of them)
15. A (They're both monoprotic acids so they react in a 1:1 ratio)
16. B
17. D
18. A? (factor of 5 in working)
19. B
20. B

nano2e

HSC
I think 15/20, same as what I got in trials so pretty happy. Q20 is so gay though, i thought it meant 400g was used in each reaction, not 400g split between them -.- It isnt worded properly ffs.

Aindan

HSC
I think 15/20, same as what I got in trials so pretty happy. Q20 is so gay though, i thought it meant 400g was used in each reaction, not 400g split between them -.- It isnt worded properly ffs.
but it was worded properly, you just misread =/

Nympha

HSC
Hahaha I did the same for q20, so annoyed at myself. Didn't read it properly :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)