Votes: 8 15.1%
  • They are both equally bad

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
BlackDragon said:
this is the sub forum where this kind of stuff tends to go. isn't the does god exist thread in this forum?
Does God Exist is intellectually pretty worthy.

But since you've brought it up, I've moved this to Light & Offbeat.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Captain� Obvious said:
I'm sure i've already made this post, but it seems to have disappeared:

How is this thread,

News,
current affairs or;
politics?
You could use that logic with threads discussing Abortion and Homosexuality, as well as "who wants to exist for eternity, seriously?". I felt it was close to current affairs.

In which case, if this thread moves closer to non-school (which I fear it may lead towards), it will be moved there. Next time, you can PM me about your concerns or enable your PM function, rather than have me publically talk to you about forum stuff (which normally moves the thread from its intentions).

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
agreed with the people that rape you can still live. sure its bad, but it's only once it destroys your life (literally) that it's the same level as murder. maybe it will bring some meaning or depth to your life (lol dont take that as though i consider rape a meaningful experience)

turtleface

HSC
Those lenthy sentences for rape (30+, 55 etc) are way too high compared to the disgraceful 7-15 years some people get for murder.

Rape is bad, I'm sure its ghastly and horrific to get raped by a man, but geez, if you kill someone thats much worse.

If its just rape, and no other complications (e.g. they kill you too, they infect you with shit, they leave you physically battered), then no way is it as bad as murder.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
When it comes to sentencing I think you have to acknowledge that other factors come into it. Surely the sentence for someone whom has committed murder against someone whom had raped their daughter should be lower than the sentence for planning a rape and then executing the most deviant acts humans are capable of against a completely innocent person.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
When you start giving shorter sentences for revenge attacks, you start saying that there is a justification for murder. There should under no circumstances be concessions given because the victim raped the perpetrators daughter, or similar.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
A concession doesn't mean the murder was justified. Of course, you don't want to create legal rights for vigilante's to go around taking the law into their own hands whenever they feel they were wronged. However, all that a concession means is that the court has taken into account the unique circumstances of the case when deciding upon punishment.

To ignore that the perpetrator comitted the act after his daughter was raped by the victim is to ignore a key aspect of the case... It could be very well argued that the victim's actions helped provoke the perpetrator, thus warrenting a watered-down sentence. The amount the court takes this into account of course would probably depend on numerous factors, I.e. How soon after he found out his daughter had been raped by the victim he had set out to go kill him, how much planning was involved, How sure he was that the victim has actually raped his daughter etc.

While I can definately see your fears, I think it's unwise to limit what judges can use when considering sentencing.

Last edited:

*Lozzie*

HSC
i think rape is worse because if you have been raped then you remember it for the rest of your life wereas if you were murdered your dead and cant remember it if you know what i mean ---- that proberbly doesnt make sense lol

anyway there are both really bad

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
*Lozzie* said:
i think rape is worse because if you have been raped then you remember it for the rest of your life wereas if you were murdered your dead and cant remember it if you know what i mean ---- that proberbly doesnt make sense lol

By the logic of this reason (which has been suggested quite a few times), murder would be the least severe of crimes since it's the only one where the victim "can't remember". What about the friends and family of the victim? I think they would prefer the victim to be still alive.

Last edited:

BlackDragon

HSC
lol i can't believe the equal option has 15 votes. which is worse people, being traumatised because you were forced to have sex or having your whole life and right to live and be happy. i know rape is a horrible crime but rape victims still have alot to live for - family, friends.. etc. murder victims have nothing. everything has been taken away. these crimes are SO not equal.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
*Lozzie* said:

Poor argument, because you still have the option of permanently wiping such memories.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)