Music 1 - General thoughts (1 Viewer)

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Re: Music one 1 F**K yeah!!!

JulzMighty said:
during reading time (which is way more than anyone needs) i came across the last question and nearly burst out laughing -- i grew up on johnny clegg and savuka, so i was already preparing some of my answer in my head before we picked up our pens.

overall the exam wasn't too bad. i found myself quite worried about the pitch question but managed to write out loads and loads of relevant rubbish.

julz
Yeah, 5 minutes reading time is too much. It's not like we can sit there and think about our answer, either.

Okay well you could but most of the time we can't :p

jcroldan89

HSC

kathyb said:
anyone know who the last song was by? it was soo funny .. our whole class pissed themselves when that crazy jibberish yashimowda bit came in!
I would also like to know this song too. I found it so catchy!

edit: found it. Johnny Clegg & Savuka - These Days

Last edited:

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A

jcroldan89 said:
I would also like to know this song too. I found it so catchy!
These Days by Johnny Clegg and someone else.

HSC
before i went into the exam i told several people that if pitch was in there i would be ok...
it was the hardest damn question in the damn paper! lol.
i liked the last one though...i wrote HEAPS on it!

it wasnt easy as such...but it was far from the hardest music exam i have done.

shenzei

HSC
N/A

ah thanks Fish Sauce ^^

the pitch one was annoying as for me there wasn't as much to talk about pitche because it was too fast and most of it sounded too similar =/

found the last song lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v5A7wwZRDM

but it doesn't have that bagpipes start

cuckooforcaca

HSC
N/A
i don't know how good i went, but i'm just glad its over:)
not too worried, my marks have been decent all along

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

EmilyFox

HSC
For the fact that its supposed to be the easiest (worth least marks) I thought that question 1 was stupid. I was not expecting to have to write about a song that reall only contained popping and clicking and children screaming lol.
Question 4 was the easiest to write about i think, at least it had a proper structure and chord progression.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i liked the exam for i have actually heard all those songs (except the Blood sweat and tears variation) in my wide listening at home i was really good when i read the titles in the reading time i was cheering. And i did the classical excerpt on piano for my Preformance so i knew inside and out the bars time sig and everything it was awesome.

BUT I NEVER WANT TO DO ANOTheR AURAL SKILLS AGAIN

laurenxoxo

HSC
skynet89 said:
man i barely wrote anything for the first 5 minutes. that architecture in helsinki song omg. eargasm. then that wack song came up with the trumpets. yeah i had to restrain myself too what was he saying DASHING BOWLA or something. anyways i managed to fill up all the lines with bullshit. even drew shit to make it easier to fill lol.

did anyone else find it hard to write as much for texture. i mean it was pretty limited
Yeah i though it was hard until half way through when i re-read the question. It said describe the layers of sound ..which i take as, use all concepts to describe each layer then make a reference to texture. I think the penny dropped a little too late to write much though.

blackrifice

HSC
on the first playing of the helsinki song, i was just trying to figure out what i was hearing

what started to sound like the chorus of the bagpipe song was not bad

all in all, a poor attempt.

Last edited:

Mattamz

HSC
anyone know the name of the 3rd piece? i think it was by blood sweat and tears. i want that annoying tpt one :D

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Mattamz said:
anyone know the name of the 3rd piece? i think it was by blood sweat and tears. i want that annoying tpt one :D
Variations On A Theme By Erik Satie by Blood Sweat and Tears

Lozza080689

HSC
tht exam was crap... i mean it wasnt totally out of line, but the questions were just shit... i had no idea so i just wrote about alot of bullshit... i filled up all the lines tho but ahhhh well... at least its not all of it... performance was way better i hope!

jjjjjeeeeennnnn

HSC
i thought the exam was okay. it wasnt the hardest aural exam ive come across but it wasnt exactly easy. I don't think I did great but i dont think i did overly bad either, i wrote a lot of crap...i just hope enough of it was worthwhile...
for that idiot who basically paid out everyone who says it was hard 'were we in the same exam? i need five extra pages'
seriously. you're obviously in the minority, and i hate it when people say shit like that that makes the rest of us feel stupid. you dont need to rub it in, we're already competing against you..

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Fish Sauce said:
omg you're back
Yes. 3 months in exile.

I'm feeling like that Bhutto chick in Pakistan, except there haven't been any BoS suicide bombers yet.

Does anyone remember the name of the last piece? I really want that again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)