music that sucks (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
adsta said:
Music that sucks to me is stuff that doesn't invovle any talent. Music such as rap, techno, dance etc anyone can do if they have a computer and if they steal some samples or whatever. And if I take some speed, then I can sound like a rapper too. In saying that though, I'm sure there are some talented artist in those genre's, but a majority of them in my opinion suck.
I would like to see you try and create a track from scratch, most people underestimate those guys and how hard it is to create real ones, not just mishmashed tunes.

DJ_Cam

Insecure Teen
HSC
N/A
I doubt many could phrase their lyrics like the true rappers either

HSC
AsyLum said:
I would like to see you try and create a track from scratch, most people underestimate those guys and how hard it is to create real ones, not just mishmashed tunes.

give them a copy of 'AmeriKKKas Most Wanted' by ice cube, 'Illmatic' by nas, and 'reasonable doubt' by jay-z and dare them to write anything better....they never will

HSC
Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl

is so annoying. neptunes did BAD.

and its number 1 in the US WTF even the 'fully sick' candy shop is better than this crap.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
all of gwen stefani's music sucks.

i'd love to give her a bit of the ol' in out though.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
I can't stand Blink 182. It's their voices, they're so whiney. It especially annoys me Australians sing a Blink 182 song and include the American accent down to the last syllable.

Are our accents just not cool or something?

walrusbear

HSC
Espo15 said:
all of gwen stefani's music sucks.

i'd love to give her a bit of the ol' in out though.
hahahaha
you alread adopted the lingo :p

'sorry no time for the ol' in out luv, i'm here to check the meter'

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
leetom said:
I can't stand Blink 182. It's their voices, they're so whiney. It especially annoys me Australians sing a Blink 182 song and include the American accent down to the last syllable.

Are our accents just not cool or something?
Blink 182 are nowhere near as whiney as simple plan... :chainsaw:

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Any music by Simple Plan, those hardcore rap artists, any of that alternative crap and heavy metal.

artfag

Banned
HSC
your opinion is stupid and you don't listen to much music

DJ_Cam

Insecure Teen
HSC
N/A
adsta said:
Sorry, but I don't listen to the radio. I have a fair few friends that listen to rap. They play a lot of that sort of music in their cars, but nothing really stands out for me (I'm sorry, but thats just what happens). Please, recommend me some good rap songs, as I am very open minded and would love to change my feelings towards rap music. I admit that some of the rappers are pretty amazing at how fast they can sing, but to me that isn't music. I need to hear melody and rhythm, and the stuff that I have heard lacks that (not fully, but not enough for my liking). It is too much rhythm, which is only half of what music should be (again, this is only from the stuff I have heard). So yeah, give me the names of some songs, and I hope I can change my view.

I listen to lots of music. I would even say I listen to more music than you. I also like many styles believe it or not. I simply stated, that most the rap I have listened to sucks.

If you want to be involved in a thread like this, learn to cope with other people's opinions. A fair few bands already mentioned on this thread have been mentioned that I happen to like. I didn't go and tell the people who said it that they are shit and don't listen to real music. I respect other people's opinions, but in return I would appreciate if I could voice mine too without being told I am "amazingly shit".

I think people failed to read my last sentence in my first post in this thread. I did say, I'm sure there are some good artist in this genre, I just haven't heard them yet. I didn't just come out with "Rap is shit." I gave an explanation as to why I don't like the rap that I have heard. Unlike some people who just said the style or band is crap without an explanation.

And let me say it again, this is my opinion. If you don't agree then fine.
Your opinion differs from mine, therefore its wrong

the_atomium

Bastard Harbour Mastah
HSC
adsta said:
If you want to be involved in a thread like this, learn to cope with other people's opinions. A fair few bands already mentioned on this thread have been mentioned that I happen to like. I didn't go and tell the people who said it that they are shit and don't listen to real music. I respect other people's opinions, but in return I would appreciate if I could voice mine too without being told I am "amazingly shit".

And let me say it again, this is my opinion. If you don't agree then fine.
you are amazingly shit, cope with my opinion, and listen to some fucking music.

C

CaR

that britney song that was playing non-stop on nova...(goes something like "I see you're looking at me...Why don't you do something..") :S

Black Seed

HSC
N/A
Attn: Wicked Clown and Zyklon.

1) Examples of Gothic Metal (MY opinion) : Within Temptation, After Forever, Dismal Euphony, Darkwoods My Betrothed, Virgin Black (neo_o ;)), you get the drill. It gets tedious.

2)My Dying Bride is doom. From my vague memory, Agalloch is accoustic.... something.

3) Angela Gossow is fucking ridiculous.

4) Lastly, each to their own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)