Music? What's good music to listen to? (1 Viewer)

Domsky

HSC
Heyy ppl....just wondering if you can help me get good songs for my 'new' ipod....
Any songs are accepted :)
I'll be really glad if anyone can tell me the recent songs that is out now so i can download them...:)
Well if you have no clues on what artist i like or kinda songs....mainly like eminem and R&B and pop...:)
but i dont mind the classics :)

deswa1

HSC
Re: Music? What's a good music to listen to??

Try download the UK top 40 or the Billboard 100. This will cover a good range of music so you can work out what you like and is the most popular music of the week so they're (theoretically) good songs (a lot are crap though in my opinion)

Domsky

HSC

Try download the UK top 40 or the Billboard 100. This will cover a good range of music so you can work out what you like and is the most popular music of the week so they're (theoretically) good songs (a lot are crap though in my opinion)
Oh, sorry one more thing...where do i go to download it?? do i go to goggle and type it or itunes? or some other website?
thks

Annihilist

HSC

No one can tell you what you should listen to. That's something for you to find out yourself. If you like any music now, do some quick searching for music similar to it - Google, Youtube, and Last.fm can help you here.

I cannot stress enough, however, the importance of steering clear of Top 40 garbage. Decades ago this may have been an acceptable course of action, but today no such music is enlightening, enriching, thought-provoking, intelligent, relevant, necessary, or even wanted. It only exists because there is a market demographic in stupid people who don't care enough about music to find something that has had even minimal thought put into it composition. It's hardly even music, and could more accurately be described as a "jingle" used in a never-ending commercial that is our lives. But that exists neither here nor there.

My interests are different to yours. I my personal favourites Industrial bands like Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, KMFDM, Rammstein. Post-punk acts such as Nick Cave, The Cure, The Birthday Party, and Joy Division. "Classic" rock such as David Bowie, Pink Floyd, and Led Zeppelin Heavy/extreme metal bands such as Metallica, Slipknot, Opeth, Dream Theater, Children of Bodom,. Progressive bands such as Tool, The Mars Volta, and Porcupine Tree.

My opinion is my opinion and I have merely stated my favourites. Find what you already like and look up what is similar, what was breaking out at the time, what has been compared, influences, favourites of others, recommendations based on specific artists you already like etc.

I'm going to stop rambling and simply ask you: What do you listen to now?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

listen to indie alternative rock and make fun of everyone that listens to ~mainstream~ muzic

Ryan_T90

HSC

No one can tell you what you should listen to. That's something for you to find out yourself. If you like any music now, do some quick searching for music similar to it - Google, Youtube, and Last.fm can help you here.

I cannot stress enough, however, the importance of steering clear of Top 40 garbage. Decades ago this may have been an acceptable course of action, but today no such music is enlightening, enriching, thought-provoking, intelligent, relevant, necessary, or even wanted. It only exists because there is a market demographic in stupid people who don't care enough about music to find something that has had even minimal thought put into it composition. It's hardly even music, and could more accurately be described as a "jingle" used in a never-ending commercial that is our lives. But that exists neither here nor there.

My interests are different to yours. I my personal favourites Industrial bands like Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, KMFDM, Rammstein. Post-punk acts such as Nick Cave, The Cure, The Birthday Party, and Joy Division. "Classic" rock such as David Bowie, Pink Floyd, and Led Zeppelin Heavy/extreme metal bands such as Metallica, Slipknot, Opeth, Dream Theater, Children of Bodom,. Progressive bands such as Tool, The Mars Volta, and Porcupine Tree.

My opinion is my opinion and I have merely stated my favourites. Find what you already like and look up what is similar, what was breaking out at the time, what has been compared, influences, favourites of others, recommendations based on specific artists you already like etc.

I'm going to stop rambling and simply ask you: What do you listen to now?
This.

Although, my music taste differs a tad. A couple bands and artists I listen to which you should give a go are:

- Florence + the Machine
- At the Drive-In
- The Mars Volta
- Soundgarden
- Audioslave
- Nirvana
- Radiohead
- Oasis
- The Smiths
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Kimbra
- Rage Against the Machine
- Jane's Addiction
- The White Stripes
- Justice

Truth be told you'll probably hate most of it, but it's worth having a listen to.

Domsky

HSC

Coolio, i will give it a goo, thanks :)

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A

Try k-pop. People like it because it is so catchy! :)

HSC
Uni Grad

Try k-pop. People like it because it is so catchy! :)
Just don't end up being people like Mike Seo though :L

To OP: find your own music through the internet or by going on youtube or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)