Muslim Cleric gives scientific evidence to the inferiority of women (1 Viewer)

hayabusaboston

HSC
I don't get this analogy

Not trying to sound mean or anything, but I don't understand what you're trying to say? My understanding of what you said is that we're humans, and over time, we interact with a greater audience of people. Then you say... we're humans, therefore we will never understand the origin of our creation, but take solace in knowing that there is a being greater than us?
If we don't understand the origin of our creation, how do we know there's an "advanced species", or in other words, a God?

Just because we don't understand our creation now, doesn't mean we wont be able to in the future. There's been so many technological advances in such a short period of time, who knows, we may find the origin of the universe sooner than we think.

I don't think it's right to assume there is a greater being that created all of this just because we can't explain or understand things yet.
I meant that we are just matter interacting with itself, and at the moment we dont understand why, thats why we proclaim a god to exist. Eventually we might work it out

HSC
N/A
I meant that we are just matter interacting with itself, and at the moment we dont understand why, thats why we proclaim a god to exist. Eventually we might work it out
see what I mean?
Being concise>being verbose

why didn't you just say that? :haha:

Fig Newton

HSC
N/A
Looking at this dude, my guess is the only brain he has belongs to the fly that's buzzing around inside his head.........Watta maroon.

boganxcore

HSC
what no dont reward her her for being simple and not comprehending a simple statement

boganxcore

HSC
I don't get this analogy

Not trying to sound mean or anything, but I don't understand what you're trying to say? My understanding of what you said is that we're humans, and over time, we interact with a greater audience of people. Then you say... we're humans, therefore we will never understand the origin of our creation, but take solace in knowing that there is a being greater than us?
If we don't understand the origin of our creation, how do we know there's an "advanced species", or in other words, a God?

Just because we don't understand our creation now, doesn't mean we wont be able to in the future. There's been so many technological advances in such a short period of time, who knows, we may find the origin of the universe sooner than we think.

I don't think it's right to assume there is a greater being that created all of this just because we can't explain or understand things yet.
what he said was exceedingly simple to understand

HSC
N/A
I was just trying to say that there isn't a need for being pleonastic, but w/e I don't really care tbh

hayabusaboston

HSC
pleonastic doesn't refer to extended lengths of text

it's synonymous with tautology

yeah and how dumb was it lol
HAHA m8 pleonasm means "Using more words than necessary". HAHA lol. Nothing to do with tautology, "Using different words to describe the same thing"

Its only dumb because you dont know what it means, and you feel dumb. So you get the need to insult someone/something.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
since when does annagurl know what 'pleonastic' means

/adds the word to vocabulary

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
want me to give you a bunch of good words Shadowdude?
You mean like those Word of the Day things?

I don't really like them because they give you a word and they don't give it to you in context, like where it might be used. I write stories mainly so... I like learning new words via reading - because the author gives them a context in which I can base usage off.

hayabusaboston

HSC
You mean like those Word of the Day things?

I don't really like them because they give you a word and they don't give it to you in context, like where it might be used. I write stories mainly so... I like learning new words via reading - because the author gives them a context in which I can base usage off.
Oh I have a list with definitions, dont worry ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)