Muslim cleric: women incite men's lust with 'satanic dress' (1 Viewer)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
tattoodguy said:
i heard i think some fucking politician said
that the sheik....................could be charged with .........inciting rape or something of that nature?

fucking hell.........our government is fucking up freedom of speach simply to pander to women...................that fucking shits me.

Even if you say..u should go and rape women -----------so fuckign what.

our governmetn should have no right to stop us speaking our minds...we should be able to say whatever we like.

our gov3ernment is censoring our speach ----- why cant we say whatever the fuck we want........and if morons act on it........and do something stupid........they suffer the consquences-- but not someone who simply gives opinions.

Anything you say that pisses alot of ppple offf -------------that seeems to be a crime.

there was a dude.....who said to the police ... go back to ur farm.....or something about corruption etc --------- i think some ppple were saying disrespecting a police officer should be a crime?????????????????????/

there should be no limitiations of freeedom of speach, except false advertising and slander etc..............but simple opinions etc.............should not be outlawed.

Sooon the crap that comes out of my mouth will be a crime ----- this country is so shit..
you are always rambling on about how fucked up our legal system is and our politicians and laws and how we need freedom of speech and how fucked up this country is...

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Generator said:
hmmm...

Change men to priests, women to children, and sexy/clothing to young/age. Are you with me?
Its great to see that you're thinking at this hour my friend, but the two parallels just don't match up. Two totally differnt matters although they are of similar nature.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Sepulchres said:
Its great to see that you're thinking at this hour my friend, but the two parallels just don't match up. Two totally differnt matters although they are of similar nature.
Really? Two innocent parties that are in no way at fault for the unjustifiable acts of another are in no way comparable? Right.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
I said they are of similar nature didn't I? I'm pretty sure someone who judges a child and women at once, would consider the women;s clothing a lot more than the childs. (Generally judging). Anywho, I'm done with this. Off to bed for me. G'night.

tempco

HSC
Generator said:
But, because they're little boys, it's to be expected, right?
what are you trying to imply though? yes, comparisons can be made. yes, in all religions/ideologies, there are exceptions to general attitudes. so what? a few priests molesting small kids doesnt mean catholics accept molestation. a muslim stating rape is deserving for those who dress in a certain way doesnt mean islam states that.

Generator

HSC
N/A
nekkid said:
what are you trying to imply though? yes, comparisons can be made. yes, in all religions/ideologies, there are exceptions to general attitudes. so what? a few priests molesting small kids doesnt mean catholics accept molestation. a muslim stating rape is deserving for those who dress in a certain way doesnt mean islam states that.
I coopted his example so that I could mock his position regarding women and rape. As I said earlier, this isn't a religious issue as such.

tattoodguy

so you think it should be a crime to give your opinion?

i dont have a problem people saying he is wrong etc --- i dont personally agreee completely with what he is saying.......but he should have a right to say it.

spreading racial hatred ---- saying anything that is politically incorrect is a crime? its dumb. WE celebrate anzac day and the freedoms they faught for etc....and then we let our govnerment walk alll over us...........with oppressive laws that squash all our basic freedoms.

When we stop freedom of speach --- we are stopping the truth ----------- just because something is unpopular doesnt mean it is wrong.

The more opinions we have in society the better offf we all are and the more alternatives we have.

our government - eliminates alot of valuable freee speach in an effort to suppress thinking and individuality, because it makes us easier to control.

Our governmetn brain washes us so we are blinded to their corruption and abuses of power.

but getting back to this situation ---- how can you say someone incited soemone to do something. We all have our own brains --- we shoudl all take responsibility for our own actions.............unless ur a parent or an employer or you have a gun to someones head..................no one has to listen to you and follow ur instructions. So u shouldnt be blamed for the actions of others.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Sepulchres said:
Maybe if you the read the whole thread, you'd understand a little more. People wonder why we go in circles, its because people like you read the first post and then express your opinions, which have already been addressed previously.

"If men rape, they are to blame. Theres no two ways about it. Lets make that clear first. Now, on the women's part, what you wear does come into consideration when you are the prey of a rapist. Yes, there are exceptions but the chances of a "sexy" looking girl being raped is higher. Of course you're allowed to wear whatever you want and have the right to not be raped. But, since when do rapists give a fuck about rights? In the end, if you want to lower your chances of being raped then dont attract attention by wearing skimpy attire. People have to realise that this(the idea above, not the article) serves in the best interests of the women, not in defence of the rapists. "
You made two statements, 1) 'sexyness' is a factor when you become prey for a rapist, 2) wearing skimpy attire will make you a bigger target for rape, 3) rapists not caring about rights.

So tell me, if they dont care about your rights, what in the world would they care if you are wearing a skirt or pants. Intent is based upon the rapist. I dont think women raped have/had any intention to be raped. You're telling me, that by wearing clothes which "appeal" they are asking to be raped?

Lets test this theory out with the only other known mammal species that rapes, dolphins. They dont wear clothes, but i bet if one female dolphin was wearing her fin in such a manner, that would suggest rape wouldnt it.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
AsyLum said:
AUSTRALIA HAS NO CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT EXPRESSING EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

WE ARE NOT IN AMERICA.

I never said they did. Read my post properly before going off in capitals. It is a generally held concept in Australia, and I think you'll find one upheld by the courts and thus, since no legislation says otherwise, the law isn't on our side, though not the constitution.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Enlightened_One said:
I never said they did. Read my post properly before going off in capitals. It is a generally held concept in Australia, and I think you'll find one upheld by the courts and thus, since no legislation says otherwise, the law isn't on our side, though not the constitution.
It is interesting to note that not only is there no legislation providing for freedom of speech either in the Constitution or in other legislation, but Governments have passed legislation to prevent free speech in certain circumstances. Examples include the various State and Territory defamation laws,(16) and racial vilification laws. Censorship laws may also be used to prevent freedom of speech by restricting distribution of certain films and publications, although these laws now serve mainly to classify publications according to the age groups which can see them, rather than preventing their publication.
Overseas Comparisons

The United States incorporated a Bill of Rights into its Constitution in 1789.(17) Other countries have legislated more recently for freedom of speech, mainly in legislation which is separate from their constitutions: Ireland in 1937, Canada in 1982, New Zealand in 1990, South Africa in 1996, and the United Kingdom in 1998.(18) The European Union has included freedom of expression and information in its Draft Charter of Fundamental Rights for possible adoption by member states. This makes Australia alone among like-minded countries not to provide for freedom of speech in legislation or the national constitution.
http://www.aph.gov.au/library/pubs/rn/2001-02/02rn42.htm

And try and form a response which doesnt contradict itself kthxbai

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
I know that somebody will disagree with me here and that some people have said this before (ahh the joys of the public forum), but hey. I think that no matter what this guy said afterwards to 'clarify' his position, saying it in the first place was a BAAAAAAD thing. Yeah sure freedom of speech and all that stuff, however women of any racial creed or religion NEVER ask to be raped. NEVER EVER! No matter how they dress.

This man cannot and should not publically blame the fact that men think with their sexual organs on how a woman choses to dress herself. To say something like that publically is wrong, and can be seen to be encouraging rape and inciting violence...which is one of the worst crimes to comit against a woman (and i would argue moreso than killing her). The fact that he then came out and said this statement was only intended for muslim women is still disgusting to me.

HSC
llamalope said:
This man cannot and should not publically blame the fact that men think with their sexual organs on how a woman choses to dress herself.
That's the only bit I disagree with :/ There's *sort of* a difference between a guy thinking with his sexual organs (Which I wouldn't call a fact anyway), and being a rapist.

I agree on the intended audience thing being a complete crock though, I don't see what difference the audience the comments were intended for makes at all, unless he only meant that muslim girls were asking for it if they dressed that way?(Of course, not that this is reasonable either) Clarifying his stance on the issue is certainly a good idea, but it's not going to repair the damage that has been done. Far better to think prior to speaking, in my opinion. It's a pretty extreme statement to be trying to take back.

ahmad

HSC
N/A
can't believe this is still going..............................quit it we're going round in circles

HSC
ahmad said:
can't believe this is still going..............................quit it we're going round in circles
Didn't you say you were done posting in this thread? Obviously the reason that it's still going is because people are still interested in discussing it, if you don't like it there's nothing making you continue to participate.

ahmad

HSC
N/A
ogmzergrush said:
Didn't you say you were done posting in this thread? Obviously the reason that it's still going is because people are still interested in discussing it, if you don't like it there's nothing making you continue to participate.
i was looking for something new/different, not the same thing over and over again

HSC
llamalope said:
i was just saying that it sounds as if he can't control his urges and therefore by women dressing nicely, they are encouraging men to act out on the urges that the 'can't control'
Ah, I see what you're saying now, just the wording the first time made it sound like there wasn't a differentation between the average dude and a rapist (Which of course there is :) )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)