Muslim cleric: women incite men's lust with 'satanic dress' (1 Viewer)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i go to an islamic sharia college for women..
and my teacher said..that even tho his comments and remarks were unjust
even tho he was in the wrong and he said things that cannot even be prooven in islam
we should not judge him as a muslim..
because people make mistakes
and even though he has a certain ideologiy and follows a certain way of islam..
muslims have to remember he is still a muslim
because a problem thats occured..is so many muslims are spreading hatred in his way..(not that many people didnt dislike him 2 begin with)
we had class discussion..with a teacher who wears nicab and a group of 30 women all who wear hejab
and they totally disagree with the concept of the less u dress the more"eligible"..(in his words) you are for rape
infact one lady's friend wears hejab and was raped..reason being from the rapist that he wanted to see what was behin the veil..he wanted a taste of what was behind the womens clothes..what was so hidden etc
so thats kind of a contradiction to what he said
considering rape is more of a mental sickness neways..its not a matter of being aroused by a beutiful woman
old people get raped..children get raped..men and woman boys and girls..which in conclusion prooves that its not a matter of what you wear..
just ur bad luck ..

Pierotte

HSC
Shekh Fais should be shot! simple.

His an idiot. Who in their right mind could respect his way of thinking!!! he is a fool!

In my opinion he cannot be called a muslim and he gives islamic people a bad name. I do not know of one islamic person who would agree with this tool!

He should just shut up and not share his idiotic views with the word.

Geez, ill informed people like this who take stuff to literally and warp religion piss me off soooo badly!

Muslim people are some of the most gentle people i know. What religion would tell you rape is justifyable!!?? No religion.

This man is a complete dim wit.

tempco

HSC
Muslims must speak out, or be condemned for their silence
April 28, 2005

A leader's controversial comments on rape do not reflect the view of the majority, writes Irfan Yusef.

Muslim websites in Sydney and Melbourne have been running hot in the wake of comments made some weeks ago by Sheik Faiz Mohamad, a graduate of Islamic law and lecturer at an Islamic centre in south-western Sydney.

Faiz's comments, that women largely bear responsibility for rape if they make themselves an object of sexual desire, have upset many in a religious community that is still haunted by images and stories of Bosnian refugees being gang-raped during the recent war. The fear is that as Australians outside the Muslim community become aware of his comments, a wider backlash will result.

Faiz has been described in some circles as a cleric. Yet Islam knows no priestly or clerical class. The word sheik literally means old man. In a religious context, sheiks are little more than religious lawyers, similar in status to rabbis in the Jewish tradition.

Faiz studied Islamic law in Saudi Arabia and is a follower of one of a number of fringe "salafi" groups. Salafi groups are regarded as heterodox, removing texts from their historical context and turning a religion whose name literally means peace into a violent political ideology. They are rejected by even the Saudi religious establishment.

I prefer the wisdom of Turkish sufis to the fires of hatred that al-Qaeda wannabes like to fuel. The beliefs of mainstream Muslims of all ethnic backgrounds are more reflected by whirling dervishes than rants of a small minority of hate-filled youngsters. This is especially the case with local Arabic, Turkish and Indian subcontinent communities, which are dominant among Australian Muslims.

In a public address last month, Faiz is reported to have said there is a victim of rape somewhere in the world every minute, and that the woman is usually to blame. "She displayed her beauty to the entire world. She degraded herself by being an object of sexual desire and thus becoming vulnerable to a man who looks at her for gratification of his sexual urge."

Not surprisingly, most in the Muslim community feel revulsion at his comments. Yet there has been little significant response from Muslim community leaders, when condemnation of Faiz's comments should have been swift.

In NSW, three umbrella Islamic councils compete to represent the Muslim communities across all cultural and language groups and have spent thousands of dollars fighting in the Supreme Court for governance of the Muslim community.

Muslims are not the only religious community suffering a crisis of leadership. I am yet to meet a Sydney Anglican who is completely happy with their church, and many Catholics are not exactly jumping for joy at the choice of a new pope.

However, most - if not all - cardinals, archbishops and rabbis at least speak English and don't need interpreters everywhere they go, so they are in tune with the thinking and mores of the wider community. With Muslims, it seems that language ability and understanding the local culture are the last criteria you need to satisfy to become a community leader.

This is why your average, anonymous Aussie Mossie (as local Muslims often refer to themselves) such as myself has to speak out. If we don't, people pretending to speak on our behalf will continue to say stupid things, and we will be the ones who have to bear the abuse of fellow Australians via the radio shock jocks and the broader community.

Yet Muslim community leaders sit back and do next to nothing or, worse, try to defend the indefensible comments of the likes of Faiz.

Meanwhile, your average Muslim will be too busy organising his or her business, or career; most Muslims are too busy getting on with life to worry about what some religious crackpot is saying.

So let me state for the record what I think most Muslims believe. Like other Australians, most Muslims believe rape is a crime; that rapists should and must be punished. Women and men are subject to sexual assault regardless of what they wear. And sadly, idiots of all religious denominations sometimes claim that women could avoid being raped by dressing more modestly, but I am yet to read any scripture or learn of a religion that justifies rape.

Muslims have to speak out. We cannot afford to rely on our non-English-speaking imams and feuding leaders to make incoherent noises while we are busy getting on with our lives.

In the present environment, where shock jocks and columnists are quoting our incompetent leadership, our silence will be treated as an admission of guilt.

More than 90 per cent of programs broadcast on Sydney Muslim radio stations are in Arabic, not English. Yet I doubt any of them will say a word about Faiz.

And if they do, it will be in a language most Muslims, indeed most Australians, will not understand.

Irfan Yusef is a Sydney lawyer.

tempco

HSC
soha said:
we should not judge him as a muslim..
because people make mistakes
and even though he has a certain ideologiy and follows a certain way of islam..
muslims have to remember he is still a muslim
i see where youre coming from. but for most people, it isnt enough to say "I disagree with what he said, and how he has intepreted Islam." rape is a sensitive subject, and i completely understand why people are reacting the way they are. just imagine if you were a victim of rape yourself... what would you have thought of this man? most definitely not "we should not judge him as a muslim.. muslims have to remember he is still a muslim."

today tonight just had another section on him just a few minutes ago... hopefully he was overshadowed by the few respectable muslims who also had their say during the section.

im getting rather tired of this topic. its pretty obvious where we all stand in regards to the dude in question.

Last edited:

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
nekkid said:
Muslims must speak out, or be condemned for their silence
April 28, 2005
Faiz studied Islamic law in Saudi Arabia and is a follower of one of a number of fringe "salafi" groups. Salafi groups are regarded as heterodox, removing texts from their historical context and turning a religion whose name literally means peace into a violent political ideology. They are rejected by even the Saudi religious establishment.
Thought I'd like to highlight that, this guy is a rejectee

ahmad

HSC
N/A
on today tonight (today 28th April)
The sheikh apologised on arabic radio, and said that his comments were intended towards muslim women (as he was speaking to muslims) on that day.

Now i think it doesn't concern any of the non-muslims anymore.

gecka

HSC
thats rediculous!!
if muslim guys cant control themselves they are no better than little boys and they shouldnt be put in positions of power!!
come off it!!!!! they way a girl dresses??? the men are RAPING the girls!!!!!!!! i dont think any amount of provocative clothing should warrant rape! they have no excuse!
what a bastard!
he is saying that raping a girl is fine. the girls deserve it? come on! dickhead!

ahmad

HSC
N/A
gecka said:
thats rediculous!!
if muslim guys cant control themselves they are no better than little boys and they shouldnt be put in positions of power!!
come off it!!!!! they way a girl dresses??? the men are RAPING the girls!!!!!!!! i dont think any amount of provocative clothing should warrant rape! they have no excuse!
what a bastard!
he is saying that raping a girl is fine. the girls deserve it? come on! dickhead!
sexual urges vary person to person...............................

plus to be a good muslim u must follow what it says............Islam says to dress appropriately............so i dont think it really concerns u, or any other non-muslin now

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
soha said:
ive been questioned and i say
read up about islam for yourself
find out if its true or not
and dont base what one guy says at a lecture to be what muslism believe
thats exactly what ive told people that ask me what the deal is with rape and satanic dress and this guy in general
it will die over soon
i dont see why the media had to publicise it..i mean..just coz a guy gets up and says something..in a lecture room..is it all of a sudden sydneys buisness to know what he said..even tho the audience was muslims neway?
I am muslim and I wear a hijab myself. So did the sister who got screamed obsceneties on the way to work. So far nothings happened to me personally, alhumdulillah.

Yes the media made a big deal out of it, but we need to clarify to the rest of the nation who watch the media that the comment was false. If we, as muslims sit down and keep quiet then your just letting people believe the falsehood. Like I said, I'm not saying anything bad about Sh. Feiz except what he said was wrong. I don't know him or him being a wahabi, and I'm not making any personal remarks concerning him.

We should make sure to others that what he said was a mistake and is not Islam, otherwise everyone would think so.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
gecka said:
thats rediculous!!
what a bastard!
People are relating rape and muslim males...
the percentage of muslims males commiting rape is not very high...
the percentage of muslims commiting rape around the world compares less to western countrys and non muslims
people are talking as if muslim men are raping any woman who is dressed revealingly?
this is not the case
we have had one huge case reguarding the scaff brothers and 55 years and all of a sudden muslims are seen or referred to as rapist etc?

i was told by a sister that sheik faiz had been doing lectures relating to death within the giyc community...and the lecture that he chose to do was to sum up and finalise his lectures relating to death
but his mistake was he bought his giyc mentality..and ideas..thoughts..views..opinions.etc..ones that he had been lecturing about for weeks...and decided to make the grand finale at a lecture with over 1000 people
big mistake..because rape and woman didnt relate to death very much so
but that was was he claimed..neways

such is life

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
http://seven.com.au/todaytonight/video

this video of of the sheiks apolagy on today tonight
i recommend you watch it

my dad was asking me just then what this guys story was...
coz he saw him on t.v but didnt know what they were saying
and i told him and he skitzed it
lol..he was like a woman deserves to be raped?
he deserves to be raped
how dare he say such a thing...
in the koran it tells the man to lower his gaze..a man to control himself a man is responsible etc etc..and rape is against islam so on and so forth..then he lectured me lol

he was full yelling at me..haha...i was like dad calm down..and when i told him of his giyc ahil il jumaya wahabi salafat association
he said..oh no wonder

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
ahmad said:
sexual urges vary person to person...............................

plus to be a good muslim u must follow what it says............Islam says to dress appropriately............so i dont think it really concerns u, or any other non-muslin now
don't say stuff like that, it only distances us from non-muslims and adds to the hatred.
it concerns everyone, as being a woman is not dependant on faith.
once again, Islam encourages modest dressing, not specifically to prevent rape..it doesn't say or condone anywhere in the religion that
'if a woman is wearing provocative clothing it is your birth right to plant your wedding tackle whether she likes it or not.' Islam encourages modest dressing to give women dimension, to allow men to see past their bodily beauty and into the spiritual, intellectual, moral, ethical etc beauty. This encouragement of modest dressing may or may not have an effect on how f*cked a rapist's intentions are, but the main reason is to prevent the objectification of women, which in many cases reduces the sexual jeering at a woman, however in some cases it may not. They Sheik is wrong (yup...fact identified) in saying that women are to be blamed. It's unIslamic, and morally and ethically wrong.

in summation

i wish i had a stool to take him out with for the misunderstandings and injustice he's brought to us and no soha i do not and will not respect him.

ahmad

HSC
N/A
tangerinespeedo said:
don't say stuff like that, it only distances us from non-muslims and adds to the hatred.
it concerns everyone, as being a woman is not dependant on faith.
once again, Islam encourages modest dressing, not specifically to prevent rape..it doesn't say or condone anywhere in the religion that
'if a woman is wearing provocative clothing it is your birth right to plant your wedding tackle whether she likes it or not.' Islam encourages modest dressing to give women dimension, to allow men to see past their bodily beauty and into the spiritual, intellectual, moral, ethical etc beauty. This encouragement of modest dressing may or may not have an effect on how f*cked a rapist's intentions are, but the main reason is to prevent the objectification of women, which in many cases reduces the sexual jeering at a woman, however in some cases it may not. They Sheik is wrong (yup...fact identified) in saying that women are to be blamed. It's unIslamic, and morally and ethically wrong.

in summation

i wish i had a stool to take him out with for the misunderstandings and injustice he's brought to us and no soha i do not and will not respect him.
look i agree with most of what u are saying.............................but thats the for some people who pose us with ignorant arguement

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
and no soha i do not and will not respect him.
fine by me..
the more i hear about him the less i have respect for him myself
ive seen his dvds and videos and he lacks osloob
the way he talks..it is like hes yelling at us..no manenrs ..
im very much over this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)