Muslim People in Australia (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Simpson Freak said:
Seeee, that is an example of a post that is meant to sound profound and all, and yet lacks substance.

Would you mind elaborating, or is picking up on plurals and singularities your new tactic of "rebutting", heck i would be surprised if you mooned for rebuttle.
Freedoms are the rights to do things. Such as the freedom to fornicate out of wedlock, or the freedom to snort cocaine. Freedom as a concept in itself could mean something as basic as the fact that the citizens aren't technically in slavery.
"The lack of face....doens not preclude me from having a brain" The face is a metahpor for your poor and inadequate braiN.
"fACE Off"...HMM.. You do realise this is fiction don't you?
My brain's inadequate and yet you're the one recycling calls?

Alllllrighty then.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Why are you even asking him to when i do it every now and again, must we be a slave forced to go over every one of his posts and then quote them and then tell the posters why his posts are flawed and false?
If you're going to claim I'm wrong or stupid or whatever you have to present an argument as to why or people will just ignore you.

What more can i say except that you are wrong, you don't rebutt me, you just see a lot of typing and call it a rant.
I do rebut you, I can go back and show many examples if you really need me to - However it will take a bit of effort so i'd rather not.

Then you try to seem above it by posting a laugh and suddenly you consider it a worthy rebuttle.
Sometimes it feels really pointless to argue with some people.

No i do not insult you, but when something is senseless i can only call it that, all you do is play devil's advocate, what ever we say, for no reason what so ever you senselessly quote it and then say that its wrong, and sometimes you may make a false analogy or example, which is not related in actuality, and when notified of that fact, you may go quiet for a while or just laugh. And an insult of calling it "crap" or "stupid" is the only apt reaction.
I can't recall that ever occuring I'm afraid.

when i said "attacking islam" i meant it in the context of people almost being afraid to live in a suburb with a muslim neighbour.....sure the mormons and christians and whatever get criticized as do all institutions, however it seems like this particular thread and others like it start with a general belief that it would be a bad thing to have a muslim in your neighbourhood.
I'm afraid your faith has some very radical followers and the average muslims staunch beliefs are also quite far off from mainstream australian views. While certaining people should not fear a muslim in their neighbourhood, I think you'll find that all extreme forms of religious dogma are argued against by people in this forum. There are some people whom simply hate Islam unjustly, these people I'm sorry that you have to put up with.

i know many Muslims that make light of the terrorists or radicals since they are so stupid into thinking they are doing something good. There could be one definition or 10, however people will continue to interpret it differently.
Unfortunately as these threads on BOS have shown me, even moderate muslims appear to have the sort of views I would expect from much more radical christians. Not to say that all muslims have these views, just that they seem to permeate much of the community.

Also unfortunately for the more moderate muslims, they have to realise that the religion (as there are no set requirements for being a 'true muslim' that will ever be agreed on) will be judged by the followers, leadership, and governments whom call themselves true muslims. It does not matter to me whether or not you disagree with them.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Seeee, that is an example of a post that is meant to sound profound and all, and yet lacks substance.

Would you mind elaborating, or is picking up on plurals and singularities your new tactic of "rebutting", heck i would be surprised if you mooned for rebuttle.
Ok well I thought it was self-evident, however I will elaborate for you. The reason I pointed out a difference between 'freedom' and 'freedoms' is because a country can be 'free' however at the same time may deny 'freedoms'... this distinction is important in the context of that post because what I was talking about earlier were specific freedoms i.e. a better election process, right to strike, right to speak out against the government etc - not 'freedom' which is a much more difficult thing to argue over.

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
"f you're going to claim I'm wrong or stupid or whatever you have to present an argument as to why or people will just ignore you."- See your posts are based on nonsense, if ppl ignore him..then why do you respond to his posts?

"I do rebut you, I can go back and show many examples if you really need me to - However it will take a bit of effort so i'd rather not."- yeah that's an excuse many who have provided insufficient ro inadequate posts say. I will interepret this rambling for you Simpson Freak "My (not-that-bright) posts are full of crap and they don't make sense...i relli don't want to be proven that i am stupid AGAIN"

Again, you are just ignoreing the fact that EVERY country has certain freedoms, but there are limits to them.

Last edited:

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
garbagedump said:
"f you're going to claim I'm wrong or stupid or whatever you have to present an argument as to why or people will just ignore you."- See your posts are based on nonsense, if ppl ignore him..then why do you respond to his posts?

"I do rebut you, I can go back and show many examples if you really need me to - However it will take a bit of effort so i'd rather not."- yeah that's an excuse many who have provided insufficient ro inadequate posts say. I will interepret this rambling for you Simpson Freak "My (not-that-bright) posts are full of crap and they don't make sense...i relli don't want to be proven that i am stupid AGAIN"

Again, you are just ignoreing the fact that EVERY country has certain freedoms, but there are limits to them.

Good point. Every country allows the freedom to draw breath or something. That's sort of like saying that a mass murderer who doesn't torment his victims has merciful qualitities. They are not enough to make him a good person, just the same as allowing limited freedoms under a dictating government is not redermption for oppressing and brutalising it's people.

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
Yes of course this id obvious, but it seems that not-that-bright is confused. I was clarifying it to him :p

Last edited:

Simpson Freak

HSC
Not-That-Bright i am so glad that you answered my last post, it was brilliant, you did just what i would expect from you and saved me the time of looking at your post history but i can now just show everyone what you are from your last post:

"If you're going to claim I'm wrong or stupid or whatever you have to present an argument as to why or people will just ignore you."

I pointed them out when you said it, why should i do it again. If you said something stupid i clearly quoted it, i dont however keep them in a special stash where i can bring them up when ever you show your face.

"I do rebut you, I can go back and show many examples if you really need me to - However it will take a bit of effort so i'd rather not."

errr mate, didnt you just say i would be ignored if i dont justify everything with posts, well maybe if you say it enought times people might think you said it first. either way i doubt you would find anything meaningful other than "your so stupid hahahaha". I dont need to go and look to the past since i can just quote your nonsense now.

"Sometimes it feels really pointless to argue with some people." ....what i didnt get that, first you say you need to support every argument and then you suddenly you rise above it and dont have to

"I can't recall that ever occuring I'm afraid." ....can't or won't, either way i know you will not go look to prove it, and this is not reverse psychology to make you try, and neither was that, nor that, nor that ...............(nor that)

"There are some people whom simply hate Islam unjustly, these people I'm sorry that you have to put up with."

I am sorry if i am wrong, but you come off like one of those people, with your lack of respect, so i would not doubt that other muslims were "enraged" and "insulted" you on other threads, its probably your attitude and your rather annoying signatures (is that what they are called....o dear need to work on my forum speak)

"Also unfortunately for the more moderate muslims, they have to realise that the religion (as there are no set requirements for being a 'true muslim' that will ever be agreed on) will be judged by the followers, leadership, and governments whom call themselves true muslims. It does not matter to me whether or not you disagree with them."

but thats not true, the good muslims should not judge, and if they do its not the right thing to do. I am aware that many in religion do judge others, but we must work on not doing that, but what am i supposed to do about those that choose to judge and have narrow minded views and those that hate?
ITS ALMOST AS IF YOU ARE ASKING ME TO DO SOMETHING...WHAT IS IT? PROTEST? PETITION?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
errr mate, didnt you just say i would be ignored if i dont justify everything with posts
Ignore was the wrong word, more pass you off as an idiot.

...what i didnt get that, first you say you need to support every argument and then you suddenly you rise above it and dont have to
How does myself saying 'sometimes it feels really pointless to argue with some people' mean that I've changed my stance that when you are arguing you need to justify what you are saying - particularily when you are caught out on it?

I am sorry if i am wrong, but you come off like one of those people, with your lack of respect, so i would not doubt that other muslims were "enraged" and "insulted" you on other threads, its probably your attitude and your rather annoying signatures (is that what they are called....o dear need to work on my forum speak)
I have no respect for the muslim faith, I do however respect the people.

HSC
You know, readin funnybunny's post has really made me think about the HSC and how worthless it is. I mean, he got 99.00 and yet he writes like a retard.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Can someone please restate the point being argued?

Defining the problem goes a long way to advancing discussion and it looks like the thread has taken an unnecessary tangent into everyone’s intellectual capacities.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
GoodSirLancelot said:
You know, readin funnybunny's post has really made me think about the HSC and how worthless it is. I mean, he got 99.00 and yet he writes like a retard.
That can happen when you get people doing four units of maths, chemistry, physics, economics, etc. They can then get away with doing standard English and still receive a decent UAI.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
No that's the other thread. I think the current point in this one is "are the laws in Islamic countries too restrictive" or something to that effect.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I have no respect for the muslim faith, I do however respect the people.
Well, thats sad, cos the muslim faith is often a lot better than the people. The people are the ones bending, twisting and using the faith to their benefit.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
The point being argued is:
"Is it right for muslims to become so outraged when their prophet is depicted in a comic?"
yes it is perfectly right
if there was a muslim who didnt care i would be concerned

davin

HSC
N/A
to the point of justifying any and all actions?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i think the muslim religion developed this system where throughout life you score points, if you say something good against muhemmad or defend him. Its like a big game, but the prize being heaven, males receive 40 virgins, and the women (not being inferior) can have the honour of being the prettiest wife of their husbands who has those 40 virgins.

Anyway, i think when those cartoons got published, muslims dont really care asmuch about the cartoons themselves, but rather find it a good opportunity to score some valuable points, by defending muhammeed.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
I think a good question for this thread at this point in time is:

Are Muslims trying to inforce their beliefs onto non-muslims, example being them tying to limit free speech?

davin

HSC
N/A
i think the muslim religion developed this system where throughout life you score points, if you say something good against muhemmad or defend him. Its like a big game, but the prize being heaven, males receive 40 virgins, and the women (not being inferior) can have the honour of being the prettiest wife of their husbands who has those 40 virgins.
I think that can be seen to be really any religion if you look at the right portions of it.

one of the issues with religions is that people that are strongly religious don't see as much of a need for compromise because a part of religion is beliving your religion is right, so its easier to bypass the questions of if its right to force your views on others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)