My answers (not including long response) (1 Viewer)

exiting

HSC
Haha I got x10^21, but then I was thinking hmm...

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
Who got the frequency of the lightwave in the 2nd last question from the experimental table to be 8.something x10^-14?

Also i think u place it on the Y side. I fucked up the length contraction and time dilation question, i hate those questions because i feel i cant interpret them proper. Stuffed the projectile question, didnt even realise it was a projectile haha, thats 6 marks or so gone.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Who got the frequency of the lightwave in the 2nd last question from the experimental table to be 8.something x10^-14?

Also i think u place it on the Y side. I fucked up the length contraction and time dilation question, i hate those questions because i feel i cant interpret them proper. Stuffed the projectile question, didnt even realise it was a projectile haha, thats 6 marks or so gone.

lol, they specifically said constant acceleration in the question, and they asked for a time, and the shape was a parabola, one would be thinking projectiles

carlytse621

HSC

On side Y, use the right hand palm rule (magenetic from left to right, then the current goes forward) so the force is downward. Therefore u put the mass on side X to balance it out. Isn't?

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
If you noticed there was no south pole next to the y, no magnet at all infact, there was just one magnet on side x, meaning that only x is exposed to the magnetic field.

Current flows from Y side through to X, meaning x is going downwards.

I could be wrong, the question was very open to the interpretation of the individual, thus why it sucked ;)

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
lol, they specifically said constant acceleration in the question, and they asked for a time, and the shape was a parabola, one would be thinking projectiles

Didn't even cross my mind hey, i just saw electric field and thought about a centripetal force. So i equated a few formulas and got an answer, although wrong hehehe.

slamduncs

HSC
N/A
Someone post up the question and I will show you why it is Side Y. And why 0.098T is the correct B.

00iCon

HSC
10) C is wrong
and there are argumants about Q5.
are you sure Q12 is B?
For the Table i used a battery charger, CRT TV and PC PSU. That idea with the induction cooktop is excellent!

Thecorey0

HSC
Shouldn't it be quite big, since c=wavelength *frequency. The wavelengths are 10^-9, therefore the the frequency should be around around 2*10^15. Though I have probably done something ridiculously stupid.

Last edited:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
1. C
2. A
3. C
4. D
5. C
6. A
7. C
8. C
9. A
10. C
11. B
12. C
13. B
14. C
15. A
..Multiple choice was hard

16. a) 4900
b) 1.3 * 10^21 Edit: I think I changed this into something like 2 * 10^5 or something, not too sure
17. Wrote about a plum bob hanging (to determine interial/non-inertial FOR)
18. a) 760 light years
b) 2.4 * 10^10 seconds (I used 365.25 days in one year)
19. a) 1.602 * 10^-16 N downwarsd
b) 5.9 * 10^-8 seconds (that was the projectile one)
20. I used induction cooktop, loudspeakers and a power drill
21. a) X
b) 0.1176Nm downwards
c) 0.049 Wb (I know, it's meant to be Tesla, FML)
23. a) Left
b) 8.3A
c) Left (towards W1)
24. a) Band E
b) Band F, 0 -> 1.3kg
25. a) Opposite charges
b) 2.5 * 10^-2 Wb (yes yes Tesla fuck you)

And yeah Quanta was pretty straightforward
I want to know which ones I got wrong, thanks :)

P.S. I had enough time to write all my answers on the data sheet
Yeah, that was an easy exam.. Still managed to lose heaps of marks :(

Edit: I remember I changed one of my answers, I think it may have been 16 b)
I was tossing up between Wb and Teslas too... and i put Wb ><"
Let's hope they're not gay and deduct a mark from us for doing that lol.
Gah i should've just remember it was Wb m^-2 and there would be no problem!!!!!

Aside from that and question 20 (which i had no idea what i was doing) and of course MC which i suck at, i think i did alright :)

slamduncs

HSC
N/A
If you noticed there was no south pole next to the y, no magnet at all infact, there was just one magnet on side x, meaning that only x is exposed to the magnetic field.

Current flows from Y side through to X, meaning x is going downwards.

I could be wrong, the question was very open to the interpretation of the individual, thus why it sucked ;)
Or this guy could just explain it perfectly. Also with the B field:

Since the torque is only provided by side X (as it is the only side inside the field) you can use T=Fd.

F=BIL. so T=BILd. B=T/ILd. Which was 0.98.

Alternatively you can say that force of side X pushing down must equal that of the mass pushing down on Y. Hence (.04 x 9.8) = BIL

B=(.04x9.8)/(20x.2)=0.98T

Therefore, wrong, noob.

exiting

HSC
Hmmmm, why was the weight on the asteroid given?

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
Heres a pic i drew haha. Dont have much more than that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)