My answers (not including long response) (1 Viewer)

tashisthebest

HSC
did anyone think that the rubber band question had like nothing 2 do with physics.
It wasn't 2 hard but i just think it was part of our syllabus

I do engineering studies and these sort of question come up in our engineering exams.

slamduncs

HSC
N/A
did anyone think that the rubber band question had like nothing 2 do with physics.

I do engineering studies and these sort of question come up in our engineering exams.
haha yeah. i also do engo studs and seeing that I laughed a bit in my head

00iCon

HSC
Or this guy could just explain it perfectly. Also with the B field:

Since the torque is only provided by side X (as it is the only side inside the field) you can use T=Fd.

F=BIL. so T=BILd. B=T/ILd. Which was 0.98.

Alternatively you can say that force of side X pushing down must equal that of the mass pushing down on Y. Hence (.04 x 9.8) = BIL

B=(.04x9.8)/(20x.2)=0.98T

Therefore, wrong, noob.
i did both to be sure!

I was almost ready to write on the paper: Thanks for giving us engineering students an unfair advantage!
But they look noting like conventional stress/strain curves!

mR sinister

HSC
most my answers are similare,
and i also got the same as you for the tourque t=fd
d = 0.3

To thecorey0 , i got the same frequency as you, yes frequency has too be quite big, since speed of light is soo large, and wavelengths are relatively small.

Also wasnt question 23) b = 34.5A , i found out the current in each conductor, then went reverse and found out the force, which was equal to the given value, so im 100% sure about this

Ohh and i might sound noob, but what do you type to get that box thingy of a previous post, so you can see which post you replied to

Last edited:

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
Fuck i think i got 34.5 A and i thought i was wrong, lets hope thats what i wrote down, fuck yeaa!!

fuller45

HSC
yeh i got around 35 A for the two wires one i think. So was the answer for the rock x or y?

00iCon

HSC
Ohh and i might sound noob, but what do you type to get that box thingy of a previous post, so you can see which post you replied to
LOL wot 4 n00bz0r!!!
u click on the button at the bottom of aforementioned post. the one that says "Quote"
otherwise use the [ quote ] and [ / quote ] tags without the spaces :p

fuller45

HSC
so electrons flow from the negative, through x, then around the back then through y? thats what i thought and yeah if you use the right hand palm rule then x moves up so it needs to be placed there. sweet. 1/100 woohoo!

moke

HSC
the mass is definetly placed on side x, n im not just saying that to prove how good i am. look at the guy's picture. use the three finger rule. index is field, it points away from the north pole since field direction is the direction of a north pole. current flows from positive to negative terminal so point the thumb down the page (remembering im using the guy's picture posted before). Finally that leaves your middle finger pointing upwards, out of the page. therefore that is the direction of the force. therefore to stop the rotor turning, the mass has to be placed on the same side X, to stop X from moving up.

Also, anyone who got A=34.5 is wrong and made this mistake.
I x I does not = 2I, it equals I squared. Therefore your answers were 69/2 = 34.5A when they should have been root 69 = 8.3A

youngminii

Banned
HSC
the mass is definetly placed on side x, n im not just saying that to prove how good i am. look at the guy's picture. use the three finger rule. index is field, it points away from the north pole since field direction is the direction of a north pole. current flows from positive to negative terminal so point the thumb down the page (remembering im using the guy's picture posted before). Finally that leaves your middle finger pointing upwards, out of the page. therefore that is the direction of the force. therefore to stop the rotor turning, the mass has to be placed on the same side X, to stop X from moving up.

I x I does not = 2I, it equals I squared. Therefore your answers were 69/2 = 34.5A when they should have been root 69 = 8.3A
You sir, just defeated half the people in this thread
I congratulate you

mR sinister

HSC
lol, forgive my noobness..
i didnt see the quote button even tho it is like the biggest button on the page.

slamduncs

HSC
N/A
My god. It is Y. I'll draw up a diagram after this game of HoN. At least I now know about 5% of the state got that one right, should help me push my rank up.

moke

HSC
My god. It is Y. I'll draw up a diagram after this game of HoN. At least I now know about 5% of the state got that one right, should help me push my rank up.
actually mate i think you'll find that 5% of the state got it wrong... i await your "all revealing" diagram...

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC

Mate, ull find that the right hand palm rule is actually with your fingers pointing in the direction of the field, which is left, and the palm pointing in the direction of the force. Sorry but try again? X is moving downwards.

moke

HSC
Mate, ull find that the right hand palm rule is actually with your fingers pointing in the direction of the field, which is left, and the palm pointing in the direction of the force. Sorry but try again? X is moving downwards.
i use a different rule but i can still see why you are wrong. the field is to the right. the direction of a magnetic field is the direction of force experienced by a small north pole. the bar magnet is a north end. therefore a north pole will be repelledto the right. so try your rule again with your fingers pointing to the right.

darkchild69

Nanotechnologist
HSC
Conventional current is flowing into the page through side Y and out of the page through side X.

Magnetic field is running from left to right across the page

Using RHP rule, fingers pointing across the page, thumb pointing out of the page (for side X), experiences a force upwards.

Therefore the mass needs to be attached to this side to counteract the upwards force.

HSC
i use a different rule but i can still see why you are wrong. the field is to the right. the direction of a magnetic field is the direction of force experienced by a small north pole. the bar magnet is a north end. therefore a north pole will be repelledto the right. so try your rule again with your fingers pointing to the right.
i think for this question, the misunderstanding is that they did not place a south pole magnet on the other side of the coil so i'm not sure if we could say that magnetic field is to the right since there is one magnet being used.

emmjee92

HSC
Uni Grad
ok...i have a slight problem here!! i think i accidentally missed question 16. can someone plz help me out...what was q16??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)