My atar is slightly lower then my requirements.. What should i do? (1 Viewer)

Calba789

HSC
Atar calculators gave me really good mark yesterday so i didn't really worried much but there is difference of 5~6 points......

My atar was slightly lower (about 0.45)

1. Is it possible to get in?

or

2. Is it possible to transfer to civ engineering from electrical or telecommunication?

or

3. WHAT SHOULD I DO????????

HELP ME!

BTW i am an international student

Last edited:

Calba789

HSC
no international students dont get bonus marks at USYD

D94

HSC
N/A
The ATAR requirement may be lower this year. You are referring to last year's requirement so it can differ. (unless there's some fixed requirement for international students)

Croompets

HSC
yeah op im in the same boat, missed by 0.45 to get into my course preference. Guys do you think its worthwhile doing flexible entry for usyd?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You don't know yet what the cut-offs are for this year as the uni's haven't allocated places yet.

The cut-off could do one of three things this year compared to last - rise, stay the same or drop.

It will depend on supply and demand - if fewer people apply than there are places available it will drop. If more people with higher ATAR's than you apply it will rise.

Look at other options but don't use last year's cut-off as a definitive cut-off.

My godson needed 85 when he did his HSC a couple of years ago but went another way (he got the 85) and then needed to re-apply using his ATAR to get into his course two years later - the cut-off had dropped to 65 - that's right a 20 point drop in 2 years. The following year it was back up to 84.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)