MY Future Needs Help! (1 Viewer)

MelRGHS

HSC
Uni Grad
To put it simply I have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE as to what I want to do when I leave school...

My subjects are from next term [first term of year 12]

English ADV
English Ext 1
Math 2U
Modern Histroy
Histroy Ext 1
Economics
Business Studies

=12 units

I have a diverse range of subjects but not sure where my life will lead me with them. If I know what I want to do in ym career and still bring home a substantial income, as well as enjoy my job, I will be more at ease and be able to relax more at the chosen subjects...

Friends also say I am good at writing their Citizenshp Letters and I am pretty good at writing persuasive documents in general, may be journalism??

Hobbies include, reading [ when I'm not studying], Going out with friends, Art, Travelling, Theatre, HTML Design, Advances in Technology, New Age Concepts/Religion and Music.

Hopefully with these stats you guys can help me out, because I am totally lost and confuzzled:p.

Thanks Heaps guys!

Mel

-tal-

HSC
*sigh* I don't know either. Once you stop stressing it'll come to you. You're going to have to go through about 10 million ideas before you settle on one.

Me? I've gone through about 20 degrees, had my heart set on them for about 2 weeks, and changed them.

HSC
Don't worry about having a set career aim in line already.
I've changed my uni preferences three times already, because even though I have my heart set on my first preference, I have no idea what I really want as a back up.
I suggest visiting uni open days, career expos, the like. The only thing is though, is that they're very good at making you change your mind!

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Don't think about a career aim now. Rather, you should just follow your interests. From what you have there, law is looking like a good option.

Here's what I told a friend to do:

squeenie said:
Okay, here's what I did:

1. Take a good look at your subjects - Look at your ranks in each subject, and use SAM to estimate your UAI.

2. Now get out your UAC guide and take a look at the university courses that might interest you. Look at the UAI cutoffs for each subject. Aim high, but also be realistic. Also, check out the university websites. You want to go to a university with a good reputation for whatever you're doing right?

3. Once you have a list of subjects, put them into some kind of preference order.

4. Fill out that UAC form, and don't worry about it until you get your UAI.

5. Once you have your UAI, you can go back and change your preferences if you need to.

And stop worrying about it. You have much better things to do, trust me. Hope that helps.
You're only in year 11. Just work hard, and enjoy yourself.

jibberish21

HSC
depends on the mark you think you'll get, although thats pretty hard to predict when you haven't started year 12 yet. how are you going now? ranks etc.
a double degree sounds a good idea, i do pretty similar subjects and am looking into the commerce/law side of things. maybe for you commerce/business or something broader like a degree in social science, teaching perhaps?

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
In my opinion, you don't necessarily need to know what you want to make out of your life. If you have a general idea, then work around your interests.

An opportunity will arise at some point. Just stop stressing and enjoy life :)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
MelRGHS said:
To put it simply I have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE as to what I want to do when I leave school...

My subjects are from next term [first term of year 12]

English ADV
English Ext 1
Math 2U
Modern Histroy
Histroy Ext 1
Economics
Business Studies

=12 units

I have a diverse range of subjects but not sure where my life will lead me with them. If I know what I want to do in ym career and still bring home a substantial income, as well as enjoy my job, I will be more at ease and be able to relax more at the chosen subjects...

Friends also say I am good at writing their Citizenshp Letters and I am pretty good at writing persuasive documents in general, may be journalism??

Hobbies include, reading [ when I'm not studying], Going out with friends, Art, Travelling, Theatre, HTML Design, Advances in Technology, New Age Concepts/Religion and Music.

Hopefully with these stats you guys can help me out, because I am totally lost and confuzzled:p.

Thanks Heaps guys!

Mel
you don't really need to but i'd suggest anthropology or sociology

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
take a year off, you don't need to go straight into a uni course. so have a year off, travel the world, live overseas. then come back and pickup a uni course if you're are interested.

MelRGHS

HSC
Uni Grad
Zak Ambrose said:
take a year off, you don't need to go straight into a uni course. so have a year off, travel the world, live overseas. then come back and pickup a uni course if you're are interested.

I would LOVE to take a year off...But try having a russian mother, wait no, russian family:p

MelRGHS

HSC
Uni Grad
marcquelle said:
you don't really need to but i'd suggest anthropology or sociology
sound interesting. i mean i am interested in those feilds, would it get me anywhere though?

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
theshortykatt said:
not many people know what they want to do til the end of yr 12
I'm almost at the end of year 12, and I still don't know what I really want to do...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)